Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What would you want in future Suikodens?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im totally sure that they will bring back the skill system used in S3,because,like i said before,they are done with the experimental thing,and i think Konami is going to start paying more attention to the fans,like us. :wink:

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A other race hero, it can be anyone winger/kolbold/duck/lizard/elf/dwarf(i dont know if have more) but is always humans why not others races.And have you realized that only humans/things(Yuber/Pes/Zodiac Sword/) have True Runes.I want to see an Elf or a Kobold with a TR.

And i really want that "war type suikoden" to come back,in suikoden 2 there was much war elements in the game like the generals,in Suiko 3 there not much "general type character" there was leaders or captains but no real general.
And strategy you dont really see any strategy in S3,there is no "Shu characters" in S3 Ceaser did no used any real strategic methods to win the war ,just basic strategy.

And character that are really interesting like Flik or Viktor, character that stays on your mind and make you think "i want to know what will happen with him".

And if you cant make any characters like that again why dont bring them back?

Suikoden is escaping from its essence, almost every suikofan wants Suikoden to go back to 2D and 6 person battles,why dont try that.

Suikoden is going to the worng path and if contiue in this way, the serie may have a tragic end.

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm,the 2D idea sounds great,i mean why not,for example there games like Shinig Tears that doesnt need the 3D effect to be on a new console,but i think that Konami may think that going back to the 2D world might be very risky.

Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer 2D, personally. It's just easier to navigate around in 2D.

I really hope any future Suikodens tie into the rest of the series better than S4 did. That's my main thing. And at this point, I'd like to move on from Viki and Jeane....we've had them in 4 games now....I'd rather see the story developed in other areas.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

more ability to cusomize your castle/headquarters, we got a little taste of it in the games but never enough in my opinion, i'd like more choices on where to put the treasures we find, pots, paintings, statues, etc.

return of 6 party battles and everything Konami took out of the games, i for the life of me cannot understand why they would take stuff away.

return of the Suikoden II war system. I liked this one the best because it was more strategy/RPG based and more like what a real war would be. Only have the stats actually have an effect and not have muse refugees critical hitting Luca XD

ability to customize the army flag or choose from several different ones, i dont know about you but, i always thought the army flags`at least on the heros army side were well...ugly as hell. I would like to be able to choose one from a selection, or make my own somehow

I like the idea above of a choice between a female or male hero, it could be done like Star Ocean or Kartia, almost like 2 games in one.

More dungeons, harder bosses/enemies and more variety of enemies, normally i would not need to put this here but with Suikoden IV seemingly lazily having only a few monsters(only different colors) i put this in. also because of IV, more dungeons, since it `had only one.

Longer game, III and IV were to short in my` opinion, longer longer longer!!I need to get my Suikoden fix here with the game so it must be long and entrall me in the storyline.

That is about it, if Konami sticks to at least half of that, i will be happy.

:)

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikdoen III was short to you? I've played that game 5 times and never beat it under 60 hours. :?

Black Pesmerga, I know what you're saying about the customization aspect. That's why I suggested default character models (to be the "official" ones) and then if the individual player chose to modify certain characteristics they could do it. As for the castle, well, I know what you mean here too. I also don't want to see a Suikoden-Sims. So how about instead having the ability to add features to your pre-existing castle? Like adding certain motifs to it (make a goth look, or an Arabian-Knights look)?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Suikoden 3 was short in a sense that the "story" was short. It took long hours to finish because of the Trinity Sight System. While the story itself wasn't really that long at all.

I personally don't like customizing main character. I can understand what you meant with the default character model being the official one, but I'm just not convinced that it's a good idea to customize the main character. I mean, somehow I don't think it'd work the same if Riou was customized into a muscular bald guy with no shirt for example, or Chris turned into a skinny girl who wears revealing clothes, etc etc.

I don't know, I just feel that the main characters have their looks, personalities, etc made specificly to suit their role. The clothes/accessories could also have history, such as Riou's circlet was a present from Genkaku when they visited a carnival. Somehow, being able to customize the main character would seem to end up diminishing the importance of the main character overally.

But of course, it's just me. I can understand those who want to have the main character to look like how they want them to be. I just happen to prefer to have set main character. That way I would be able to relate to them, instead of them trying to relate to me.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden III was also short because all of the stars were so easy to recruit. Way too many of them joined automatically, in my opinion. And some of them don't even join, period; they just end up on the roster. To me, that's a cop-out on Konami's part.

So yeah, longer game would be nice.

A more customizable castle would also be great! Just think: we could pick were stores were set up, the architecture, choose to build walls, turrets, or any other sort of defenses... Heh, maybe even choose an HQ from multiple ones! That would be neat, if it was done well.

The main character needs to be allowed to talk. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thought it was funny when the Suiko IV hero used the cliched waving/exaggerated nodding to get the message across without actually speaking. And would it really be so horrible to give the hero a discernible personality? I mean, it worked out pretty well in three, why'd they have to take it away in four?

The towns need to be large and exciting. In Suikoden II, I remember how big Muse seemed to me when I first entered it. I realize that the transition between 3D and 2D means that are maps need to be a little simpler, but when you say a city is the largest city in a region, it had best be a big city. And yes, I'm looking at you Vinay Del Zexay. Oh, and let's add Middleport to the list so Vinay won't be lonely.

This will never happen on the PS2, but it would be awesome if the war battles could be fought like the Total War games for the PC. The mechanics would have to be a lot simpler (like less advantage and morale variables), but it would make the battles that much more epic.

Then again, the Final Fantasy Tactics system employed in II also worked wonders with me (especially when they played that BGM during it). I could live with that, as long as it had great accompanying music and improved graphics (in other words, no more little kids running and screaming at each other accompanied by vicious stabbing noises; wasn't anyone else disturbed by that?).
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CHARACTER: I too have my limits on customization. What I'd want is to just have default female and male characters that are connected to each other in the story, so if you pick one, you'd have to play the game again to see the other's viewpoint. And I'm not talking about minor things like in SO2: I'm talking huge differences in thoughts and morals. I don't care what the shirt and hair look like: I'm more for a good story than SI-ing myself into Suikoden.

The selection of Chaos or Order Rune could be there, it could not. Doesn't matter. I just think it'd be neat to have your character have the Rune of Order, and your friend/enemy has the pure Chaotic opposite, making for some insight into the Runes and how they fight each other. It's like, somehow they're alike... and yet they're totally opposite. My friend the enemy, you know.

RUNE: Another thing I thought of is to have a True Rune that selects the Head slot instead of the Right or Left Hands. What would a Rune look like on your head, anyway? Would it be on your forehead? Your cheek? Across your face?

CASTLE: I'm not for castle customization. There are hundreds of sim games out there, and Suikoden is good enough without becoming one. I still wish for a nomadic castle like several great wagons connected by bridges where the shops are, and you travel across all the verified lands to find/meet characters. Politics wouldn't affect you because you don't belong to any country, but that's not to say countries wouldn't bar you from trying. Take the Zexen Council for example. :wink:

STORY: If the two-character choices were to be implemented, I would wonder if fans were to be frightened away b/c they didn't like the Trinity Sight system. I thought it was too choppy myself, but this choice would be once and for all at the beginning, no questions asked. I think I made story points already with Chaos Rune vs. Order Rune on the two characters, but if the main leads are male vs. female, the question of romance would be raised, naturally. I'm actually against a romance if this were to happen: it'd become Final Fantasy-like, and it would ruin Suikoden's theme of chaos and order between characters.

Quote:
Like for example, using Suikoden II that is, if we have a female main character, it might not be suitable because there should be no woman in the Unicorn Brigade.

Suikoden IV spoilers below.

Not so fast. The Kooluk army had female soldiers, especially when you're liberating Na Nal or when you're on the destroyed Illuya. Some of the Kooluks had male voices, but I could clearly hear female cries in battle at times.

And what about Chris Lightfellow? She's a part of the Zexen Army as a respected Captain. Valeria and Kasumi are also part of Toran's army now. So we can't rule out the idea of female soldiers in armies: Konami was just lazy in making female versions of Unicorn Brigades or Harmonian soldiers, I bet. If you had a female Unicorn Brigade soldier escape with Jowy, it'd make for a very interesting fight against Luca Blight and Highland... not to mention Nanami becoming even more affectionate as a big sister to you. ^^;;

Quote:
As for the runes of good and evil thing... yeah I know, I was rushing my post and couldn't really think of what to say... maybe I was thinking, a person who gets a rune and walks in the path of good, then the other gets a rune and walks in the path of evil (me) like te black sword rune and bright shield rune... they are not good or evil but somehow seem it with the opposing looks, black and white, sword against shield... you know what I mean...

That's cool. What if the 1st hero already had the Order Rune and the 2nd hero had the Chaos Rune, and you're forced to select? You'd be the 'good guy', despite if you pick Chaos or Order, and your friend is the enemy regardless of the Rune. Yes, Chaos is really evil and everything, but what about pure Order? Just like in Luc's creepy vision of pure stagnation and silence near the final boss of Suikoden III... man, I wouldn't want that to happen. So it'd open up two TOTALLY DIFFERENT games in the same title, just from your choice at the beginning.

Quote:
That there my friend... would not really be a good idea... in my opinion, if you want that you might as well use gameshark codes... i mean... immortality?! what is the point of having fights? bossfights or any sort of battles then?

Just because you have a True Rune doesn't mean you can't be killed. You're just impervious to aging and diseases, not death. If you get shot through the heart, you'd still die... I think. Unless I'm missing something... :?: The thought of immortality would be interesting for a Suikoden game since it exists, so what would it be like? Like I said, you'd be a bystander in all the previous wars and just fight to survive while developing your morals, then when it's your turn to fight a war, you have experience. The timeframes would pass like a screen that says "150 years later..." after you finish an event in the previous timeframe.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind going back to the six party system, but please, no 2D.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What i want for future suikodens, the main point is a better more solid storyline. Get someone who's mind is as creative as murayama, to give a plot and story which is capable of generating the warm fuzzy feeling in gamer's hearts as suikoden 1 and 2 did, have interesting turns, and strategies from strategists that would make me go oooooohh... Yet, as a contrast, the strategist shouldn't be completely dominating over the army, and the hero should have more choices. And onto the hero, i'd want him to be more assertive, and shouldn't just go along silently. Show more leadership qualities and talk more. The main point is the storyline.

S4 Spoiler...

S4 plotling IMO was the most disappointing so far. It had almost no twists in the main plot line, the characters were poorly developed, even the seemingly important ones like Troy and Graham. It was straight on and predictable, get the home base, unite the islands, attack the enemy. It's really waaayyyy too direct and boring. The strategists did nothing awe inspiring. Although i still sort of enjoyed the game, but the quality of the plotline was sad, and i don't want the next suikoden to have a poor plot line.

Aside from a better storyline, i want six characters battle back. Keeping up the loads of minigames, but keep out lame ones like S4 SPOILER the coil flipping game. I'd also want the game to be longer. SPOILER? S4 was way too short for my taste.. Keep a Tenkai main character, and reveal more than one true rune. Make sure VIki and Jeane sticks around, and have animal characters. And i mean animal characters, not anihumanoid races. Stop dumping in new races and then discarding them. If possible, show other villages of other races besides elves. Eg. Show another Winger's village, or dwarves, or whatever... I'm sure Toran and Two River ain't the only places with dwarves and wingers respectively. And Elves and kobolds aren't the only one with villages elsewhere.

Basically, i'd like a suikoden 2 returning. Of course with suikoden 3/4's graphics or better. Voice acting is good, so keep them. So yeah, have a suikoden 2 with better graphics and a more assertive hero.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes Suikoden III was to short, by the time you get your true rune and become leader of the army, the game is almost over. The trinity site only made it appear longer the story itself was not very long at all. Even so it was much better than IV SPOILER:In IV it was rediculously short and daddy(Lino) bossed you around the entire time, It was really hard to tell you even WAS the leader as nobody even called you such in the dialoge boxes. Elenor, while i liked her character(a drunk old lady strategist) what strategy did she give at all? unite the islands? Gee...thanks, you tell me no one could have thought of that other than her? I agree that the next strategists should have good strategies that make me go, wow now he/she is good! So, a fix of those elements in new games would be nice and much needed. I would not mind seeing Ritapon return however, as it is addicting.

I agree, i would like a new game to be Suikoden IIish but in 3D. In Suikoden III style 3D but incorporating IIs styles and luster

When I mentioned customization of the castle, I did not mean as far as the Sims, I think that would take the emphasis off of the RPG, putting walls everywhere would not be good really, but little things like, let me put this Knight Statue anywhere i want or hang this Painting anywhere I want, etc.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would want MORE strategy war battles like those of suikoden III

more story behind ALL the 108 SoD that you recruit (some of the 108 SoD have like nothing to do with the plot besides the fact that they're a SoD)

main characters that'll actually talk although they might get hated by some players like this

more asian/black/mexican characters?

ability to summon monsters like the wind rincar < well not that great but still be able to summon monsters

we get to see more of the characters from the previous suikodens and find out about what they're doing

go to the countries/continents from previous games not just being stuck on one continent

a little harder gameplay and maybe a little more sidequests

yuber and pesmerga to be back -_-
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About the summoning thing,i dont really like that iddea,because it will be more like a FF theme,you know.Besides the unite attacks will become useless if you have,lets say a big dragon or a horse,etc.And yes,i think Yuber is going back into the series.

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i would like the cooking mini game to come back for one. I had a great time with it and i am suprised it has not since returned. Maybe it takes too much time to develop or something of that nature.

I would like to see more major battles and more emphasis on the strategy involved preparing for those battles. The major battles are one of my favorite aspects of the Suikoden series so naturally i would like to see more of it.

I would like the next suikoden to maybe bring back some of the characters that we knew so well. I understand that they cant sit on a particular time frame for the series, but when old characters are brought back you get that sense of familiarity with the series.

One thing i don't like and i would like to see stopped is the number of different races in suikoden. I was fine with humans. elves, dwarves, and kobalds. Then in 2 we saw the emergence of wingers which also was fine. Now though in a matter of two games we have cat people, duck people, lizard people, and mermaids. Its not that i necessarily dislike any one of these races, rather i think that the developers should slow down and focus more on the races already present in the suikoden universe. What i mean is that they could tell more about the elves or the dwarves, or mermaids as a race in more detail.

I would like there to be more change in the castle/base as far as physical appearence goes. I loved how in Suikoden I and II you could return to you castle to find a new floor or building newly erected. In the past two we are given the basic model for the base in the begining and little is changed other than shops and rooms being formed.

I would like to be able to explore a more wide range of cities and continents. Like say in Suikoden II if you were able to return to the newly formed Toran Republic and actually walk around and re-visit the cities, not just Gregminster. I realize that takes a lot more work and probably won't happen, but i can dream.

And last i would like the entire world of suikoden to be revealed to us in the form of a globe/map in one of the next games. I think it would be nice to actually see where everthing is exactly. I know that we have a pretty good estimate of where most of the continents are, but i would like to know for sure

I am sure there are many other things i would like to see but this is all that comes to mind right now. Overall i think the game developers do a pretty good job, so i can't complain too much.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: