Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Grand Theft Auto 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, Hayashi, as a Shenmue fan I am really excited. You know those details in Shenmue, where people would just live their lives and stuff. It seems GTAIV is going to go do that and then some.

Just look at the trailer. This is gameplay right there, and in it you see pedestrians doing MANY utterly subtle things that bring you closer to the world: some smoke, some litter, some read, some are carrying their groceries, a guy fixes his mirror while he's driving, and there are even some fat cops (imagine being chased by them :D).

Shenmue has many details like these, and it seems to have been utterly TOPPED.

I'm really happy. Thanks a lot R*, for making my dreams come true. I may not get another Shenmue, but I have at least ONE game that has these subtle things that make the game so much more immersive. Just thinking of the possibilities Shenmue III could do if it got a next gen iteration is making me excited.

Last edited by Himuro on Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then again Shenmue was released years before GTA IV, sadly I don't think a Shemue III would get the right amount of funding (that it rightly deserves) to go over this, but all the same I'd probably still prefer Shenmue, for the story and realism.

GTA IV however looks like an amazing, complex and innovative game, and that's just from the few seconds I've watched - that has to say something.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi look at this pic man.

GTAIV's Liberty City vs real life New York image:

http://generationdreamteam.free.fr//imagesjeux/Comparaisons/GTA4vsreali ty.jpg
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the graphics are great, they'd only be matched right now by a game like Crysis, and that seems to be a great deal more linear than GTA IV ever would be. Although I must say graphics aren't everyhing, Rockstar hasn't had much trouble giving the GTA series long lifespans and great gameplay either though.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Found an interesting article: Ten things you didn't know about GTA IV.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161126

Looks like they've analysed the trailer very closely.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, as always sounds awesome! If the multiple cities thing is true then, wow again but even if it is'nt true, then it still looks wicked.

And I hope you get to be that Russian too.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GTAIV for Wii announed!

Quote:
Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive Software are proud to bring Grand Theft Auto IV to the Nintendo Wii. This version contains features exclusive to the Wii...and I don't only mean certain motion controls.

A character from the past has returned. This is a whole new Grand Theft Auto IV, and it is coming November 20, 2007...right in time for that long Thanksgiving weekend...

Rockstar Games has released a trailer. It is not 720p since the Wii does not support that, though it is in 640x360 downloadable.

View the trailer here!

Google Video (400x326): http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6307295674180257795
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! That was an unexpected twist! Especially if it wasn't April Fool's Day.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would have been awesome lol, I would have half way beleived it if they had'nt have used Vice City footage but it was well done regardless.

Happy April Fools everyone!

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WARNING: Spoilers! (Although nothing major)

Wikipedia wrote:
Niko Bellic is an Eastern European immigrant in his mid-thirties, who has come to Liberty City to pursue the "American Dream". Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who claimed in multiple e-mails to Niko that he was living a fabulous life, with two women, four hot tubs and fifteen sports cars; but he was in fact telling lies to hide his own failures. At the beginning of the game, Niko arrives in Liberty City by boat.[7]

Roman is the only person Niko knows in Liberty City to begin with, and is one of his major connections in the first part of the game. Niko is a tough character, whereas Roman is friendly. Roman is heavily in debt and a lot of people are after him. He desperately needs Niko's support, hence the reason he deceived Niko into traveling to Liberty City. They are constantly bickering. It is later revealed that Niko has also been avoiding other, as yet undisclosed, problems at home.

According to Dan Houser, "virtually none" of the characters from the previous games are returning, as a lot of them are dead anyway.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV)

Theres also a lot more information and what is revealed that you can do in the game on GTA IV's page in Wikipedia. Sounds interesting though, I like the idea of the main character being tricked into journeying to Liberty City, this Roman character sounds like he'll be the comedy relief in the game, and also quite a driving influence of Niko's first few days in Liberty.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wikipedia is not a good source for info.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's all taken from the preview by Game Informer.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There have been 3 or so previews since the GI preview. Go here and read the bullet lists.

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=119679

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=119646

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=119359
Son of Liberty

17460 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a clear decision on whether to get a PS3 or a 360, especially I already have a Wii.

But GTAIV seems quite interesting, but I really would love to see that the game is no longer mission based no more "no holds barred" do-whatever-you-want thing. So yeah, this may be the only GTA game that I could thoroughly enjoy.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it looks like its close to being official about the exclusivity of Grand Theft Auto IV's downloadable episodic content. Reports over the weekend has Take-Two receiving $50,000,000 dollars from Microsoft for exclusive downloadable episodic content for the 360 version of the upcoming next entry to the Grand Theft Auto franchise. The first episode to be made available sometime around March 2008 and the second one six months later.

I am going to guess that these episodes are akin to expansion packs instead of just downloadable new weapons, cars and clothes. Some have already pined in that the price Microsoft paid Take-Two to only make exclusive downloadable content for the 360 is quite steep, but I think this is an agressive move on the part of Microsoft who sees the franchise as a system seller. Plus, the amount is really change and money well spent to Microsoft if it means putting more pressure on Sony.

So, for the huge fans of the franchise who are on the fence about which console version to get will new content to extend the life of the game make the decision for you or will you stick to a lesser version due to brand loyalty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: