Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Grand Theft Auto 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Grand Theft Auto 4 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Couldn't find a topic on the latest installment so I decided to make one myself, by the sounds of it, it's going to be amazing.

It has 150 developers working on it, and is predicted to be twice the size of the previous installment: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which is already massive by standards at the moment and took about 20 minutes to drive from one side of the state to the other. I'm not the kind that just likes games where you can kill people, I like Grand Theft Auto because it gives you the chance as a player to be a pretty engrossing world.

Heres the news story about 150 developers working on the title:

http://planetgrandtheftauto.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=108984

The main website (http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/) says "Coming soon, October 16th 2007, thats presumably for both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. Also, supposedly Microsoft has securely some deal with Rockstar Games (makes of Grand Theft Auto) to provide new episodic content for the Xbox 360 version a few months after release, this could be a hug draw to the Xbox and it's fans alike.

Link to related article: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/grand-theft-auto-4/two-exclusive-gta4-epis odes-coming-to-360-live-203634.php

I'm looking forward to this quite a lot along with a lot of the other next generation games (I've posted a few in the forum), so I suppose I'll definately be getting a console, which one however is a different story...
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds real cool i can not wait for it to come out so i can play it on my x box 360 i my have to take time off work just to play it(hee hee) so much to do playing Grand Theft Auto Games. Thanks for The great news.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What I hope is that Rockstar actually come up with a more-than-adequate targetting system. They always say they were going to spruce up and make the targetting system (for shooting) in each fllow-up game be better than the previous but it seems incremental instead of something of a major change. They also need to do a thorough check of every line of code of the game to make sure there won't be another "Hot CofFee" debacle. Man, Rockstar looked like an idiot with that one.

To continue from the closed topic, I have to say I've never had much of a problem with targeting in VC, and most definitely SA. SA in particular had adaquate targeting and I was able to aim and pop heads quite easily at long distances.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, a trailer is going to reveal everything we want to know about the new game, it's going to be great.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man I can't wait for this game. But there is another game I can't wait too.

Eight Days, here is a trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhnuysG50WQ

It's really amazing and some guys used to edit this trailer saying that it was a GTA4 trailer. Anyway, this looks like a fun game to play, let's hope GTA4 have equal or even better graphics.

RKD's TKO

1665516 Potch
650 Soldiers
175 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow, I didn't get to see the trailer. Thanks
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're welcome, but you realize that this is a trailer of another game right?

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, one of the reasons I didn't like San Andreas as much was because it was so big. I'd rather have more interaction in a smaller city than have that same amount of action spread across massive city. That's one of the reasons I liked Grand Theft Auto 3. I was able to memorize the layout of the places, and thus the shortcuts between them. I couldn't do that in San Andreas because there was just too much.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree. I hope the area in GTAIV is more confined. Sometimes less is more. While I loved SA, I do think that the game had a lot of empty space.

I hope that in GTAIV, it'll be just one city, but have suburbs, country side, rural area, and downtown with multiple sections (China Town, shopping district;etc). I'm pretty sure that's how it'll be anyways.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite liked the countryside in San Andreas though, lots of roads and hills to drive around, and maybe listen to K-Rose. :P
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

2 hours until the trailer is available worldwide. I'm currently camping out just in case traffic brings the site down temporarily. I've waited a month so see it, so I'll be damned if I have to wait a few more hours than advertised.

http://rockstargames.com/IV/

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh God I'm so fucking excited.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow they've got a timer and everything, I suppose I can wait an hour and a half for it.
Sniper_Zegai

Gaien Magic Men

659144 Potch
850 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love the GTA series and I enjoy games like it, I have Saints Row for the 360 (basically a ripoff of GTA) and I thought that was awesome. Im probably gonna give it a couple of months before I buy it, but I will buy it none the less.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too many people on the web site, it's timed out for me. :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: