Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stubborn threads
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Stubborn threads Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone else had a problem with "stubborn threads?" I hit Mark all topics read, it says they're marked read, and lo and behold those same damn threads stubbornly insist there're new posts. It happens often as hell, and I've checked, it definately isn't someone posting between me hitting the button and the screen loading, it's the same old posts I tried to mark as read.
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-might- be a cookie problem.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the same problem sometimes, but I usually just hit refresh on my browser and it sorts it out.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I have the same problem and like Fliktor I hit the refresh button it is fixed.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once you've marked it read, try clicking the "Forum Index" link. This generally loads the most recent update of the index page, which should indicate the forum(s) you marked as read. Or perhaps the system was in a whimsical mood and thought you meant "Mark all topics red." :wink:

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha red. Yeah I've noticed though that even when I do such things it still not working. Thats only a recent occurence though (recent as in the last hour or so)
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even reloading doesn't help. I reload the individual board, still there. I reload the main forum index, and good old Fire's still staring up at me. I usually have to hit to mark it read twice or sometimes three times. It's -sorta- be working lately, but it never happened every time before either, so I don't think I'm willing to believe it's passed yet.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well It seems fixed for me so I don't know what to tell you. It's not that important but yeah it's annoying I guess. You'll probably just have to suck it up as it's a minor detail.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I've been sucking it up, just thought I'd let people know; I was also curious if I'm alone. Trevoke might be right, it could be a weird cookie problem. Dunno. Either way I've been dealing with it for about a month now before even saying anything, so I think it won't kill me to continue to do so for a bit longer.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been having somewhat the exact opposite problem. Sometimes (about 1/4 times) when I log on, all messages are read. I've checked and there have been many new posts since my last visit.

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage, I sometimes have the problem if the page times out, or I get tired of waiting and try the link again. (that doesn't happen so much now that the board's load time is much faster) It also seems to happen if your browser crashes as opening your browser again and returning to the site counts as a new visit, thus only the posts nade after the time of the crash will show up as new, which sucks if your browser crashed before you could even read any of the messages.

Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It did happen a lot during the infamous slow down, but I kinda figured that was the case. My browser hasn't crahsed yet so that's not it. This just appears to occur randomly, about 3-4 times this week that I recall. It's not that big a deal.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze, did you check the sticky topics? It seems only the sticky topics show no difference between read posts and new posts in the topic. The normal posts change into fire symbols when there's something new, and the announcements flash the Blue Moon when there's something new there.

As for the stickys, I see no difference at all.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always wondered why the sticky topics never changed. I always miss new posts in the because of that.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the sticky icon never changes regardless of whether there is a new post or not, but the small rectangular "document" icon beside it will be orange if there are new posts, but it is easy to miss that and it's happened to me a few times.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: