Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Assassin's Creed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Assassin's Creed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game looks great, similar to the style of Tenchu: Senran (which theres a topic for in this forum) you are an assassin working for hire. This time, instead of feudal Japan, we seem to be in a medievil type of setting. It's been officially announced for the Playstation 3, so if Suikoden VI is released on it, a lot of - if not all the people on the site should be able to play it at one point or another.

The game takes place during the Third Crusade, exactly in the year 1191. You play as a member of the assassin group called Hashashin known whose objective is to assassinate the nine historical figures who are masterminding the crusades, and the suffering of the people. Apparently the cities available in the missions, are Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus.

From watching the high definition videos, I have to say it looks outstanding, although the assassin has only killed people by running through crowds and then jumping on the target and "doing things". The in-game fighting system looks like it's easy to get to grips with and also running away and staying free is obviously a big part of remaining able to assassinate people.

Here are some links to footage of the game, which are very impressive, bare in mind some of these trailers are age rated, and contain degrees of violence, but you'll be asked for that on the site.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2581

I think this is a game I'll keep an eye on for a while, and you should too.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a big fan of Prince of Persia 3d games so I look forward to this myself. Plan on picking up the 360 version.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is quite possibly the sexiest-looking game in history. I love stealth and assassination games, and I love free-roaming games, so you can imagine that this one has been the object of my longing for quite some time.

It's also coming out for the 360 and the PC, btw. Same as Oblivion.

When was it coming out again?

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's suppose to be out either March or April. Just in time for the European release of the PS3.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
It's suppose to be out either March or April. Just in time for the European release of the PS3.

Yes we're lucky enough to have it as a launch title!!! (I'm being sarcastic) It's also likely they'll keep that same high price for the Playstation 3 as Sony probably think they can walk over us after being pistol whipped in America and Asia.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think people should be resigning themselves for the fact that 360 and PS3 games from third-party publishers will be 60 dollars or more (USD). With inflation from the last time games were these expensive I'd say 60 bucks is a bargain considering the games N64 and earlier were sometimes at 70 or more a pop.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm excited enough about this that I'm going to be buying a PS3 as soon as it comes out (unless Konami announces Suikoden VI is for a different system before then.) Good to know it's not as imminent as I thought it was.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
I'm excited enough about this that I'm going to be buying a PS3 as soon as it comes out (unless Konami announces Suikoden VI is for a different system before then.) Good to know it's not as imminent as I thought it was.

I think I'll wait until the prices of consoles come down generally, I want to play some of these games badly, but I still wont pay that much for the consoles as they are, I intend to get my moneys worth, and then some.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the other reason I'm glad it wont be for a nother few months. the PS3 has t olower its price by then or they'll lose even more 3rd party support.

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is a 360 version? I was reading an issue of EGM, and apparently Sony asked whoever is making Assassin's Creed to keep quiet or something like that. I might have misread it.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would take whatever EGM says with a large grain of salt. They've always leaned heavily on rumors that benefits the Sony consoles. Ubisoft had gotten tired of waiting for Ken Kutaragi to make up his mind about what Sony will do to make Assassin's Creed a PS3-exclusive third-party title. Seems Kutaragi's slowness about making decisions on third-party publishers titles remaining exclusive to the Sony console just cost Sony in the long-run.

Gamespot Report: Sony dallying cost PS3 exclusives

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there's one game that's a PS3 exclusive that I'm still excited about for this year, it's Assassin's Creed. My interest in this game has recently been revived by a new trailer that was posted on Gamespot: trailer

The game really does look impressive. The concept is just really cool to me, as well. Certainly a game I'd buy if I ever got my hands on a PS3.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It hasnt been a PS3 exclusive for ages now.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
It hasnt been a PS3 exclusive for ages now.

For some reason while reading your post I heard a nail hitting a coffin.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, sorry to burst yerbubbliness, twin o' mine. Assassin's Creed will be coming out onto the 360 at the same time as the PS3, if not sooner. See, all this does is cement the fact you will be buying a 360 very soon. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: