Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

iPhone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: iPhone Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6245991.stm

Anyone seen this yet? It's a mix between an iPod and a Phone, which has been long overdue in my opinion. It has a touch screen that is supposedly the most advanced touch screen ever made.

Also, Apple are being sued for the name they used:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6250511.stm

I swear Apple nearly always get sued for the name they use of a product when they first release it. It happened with "iTV" and "iMusic" or something. Anyway looks like Cisco, who is a major networking player (similar to Microsoft's share of the software market) is going to take this case and attempt to resolve it quickly. Apple is confident however it'll come out victorious.

Any thoughts?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sold on the iPhone just because of its coolness factor. I'm sure all the Apple faithfuls will try and buy one and same goes for the tech-gadget geeks, but I can't see Apple keeping the features they included into this iPhone to remain unanswered from the other cellphone giants like LG, Nokia and Sony Ericsson and Motorola.

As for the lawsuit, I don't think Apple will have an easy go at it with Cisco. Both companies are giants of the tech industry with Cisco being the bigger of the two. The fact that they do own the patent rights to the product name "iPhone" gives them an advantage over Apple. Apple cannot say that the name "iPhone" is a generic term since they are trying to use it as the specific name for their product. I think Cisco felt blindsided by Apple with their announcement to go through with calling their phone the iPhone. The two companies had been in negotiations for some sort of compensation from Apple to Cisco, but Jobs decided to go ahead and use the name without Cisco's permission.

I don't even think Cisco wants any money from Apple, but for Apple to admit its miskate and cease using the name iPhone. I'm glad Cisco stood up to Apple who people seem to think is the darling of the tech industry when in fact they're as ruthless as Microsoft and Oracle when it comes to business dealings with other companies. Their treatment of smaller companies is even worse than Microsoft's own record. Maybe this'll give Jobs the blackeye he's deserved for the past decade. He seems to have forgotte that it was the 150million cash infusion from Microsoft into Apple during the mid-90's when he came back to run the company again that kept Apple from going under.

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While it certainly looks pretty cool, the price tag is just as prohibitive for me as the going rate for a certain next-gen console has been for the last couple months. Maybe I'll pick one up in a few years, I don't know; I'm probably much more likely to grab one of the old-school Star Trek replica cell phones. Quiet! My geekiness far outweighs my status as a Mac user.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh I thought no one was interested in the iPhone.

It does seem a lot now, but a phone combined with an iPod is a very good idea, in fact we all knew it would happen, and we were just waiting for it, products like this will allow us to not have to carry around two bulky devices, now we only carry one bulky device. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: