Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Stuff from Phase 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: New Stuff from Phase 14 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's the list of additions from Phase 14:

The following options will be added to the "stuff you can do with your PP."

1) Counter-Insurgent Measures (2pp-5pp): A nation can send up to three members on a counter-insurgency campaign. The amount of PP used along with the number of units/soldiers allocated will affect the outcome. The effect of this can range from no effect whatsoever up until a successful attack on a rebel base, which can disrupt rebel plans.

2) NPC Nation / Rogue Faction Support (2pp): A nation can contact NPC Nations / rogue factions to send and / or receive aid from these entities. When this option is chosen, you will need to indicate which rogue region or rogue force you wish to contact to help or receive aid from. You will then be contacted by a rogue faction representative to hammer out details. Aid in this case can range from sending / receiving units, free pass through their regions (or trade routes), and various other possibilities depending on what is negotiated.

That's all. I'm working on a bunch of other stuff, but nothing else is planned to be added during phase 14. I'm saying that because I don't want people to ask, "when will the naval script be implemented" or the like. If it's done, it'll be implemented; if it isn't implemented yet, it means it isn't done yet. I hope that's clear.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a few questions about the NPC Nation/Rogue Faction Support part.

1. Seeing that this option actually uses PP, does this mean that it is guaranteed that they will aid us in some form?

2. Some NPC nations (Kanakan, and Nordeland) have people to contact if we want to discuss things with them and even possibly form diplomatic relationship with them, does this mean that the Nation NPC/Rogue Factions Support option is only for those that do not have people to contact to?

3. I don't quite understand how the Rogue Faction works. Are they working independently from one another? I mean, say for example if Sea of Sadness is still under Rogue Faction's control instead of Highland's. If Jowston would want to sail to the north, we'd have to pass through the Black Wolf Straight and Sea of Sadness. Would this make Jowston have to negotiate with both Rogue Factions (and spending 4 PP instead of 2 PP) to pass through safely?

4. If a Rogue Faction controls a port city, do they only control the naval dot that is in black color and directly outside the port? Or in an example, is Sea of Anger under Rogue Faction's control or "neutral" like in the past? Because I'm a bit confused by the black color of the Rogue Factions

Thank you in advance for the answers ^^

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aurelien wrote:
I have a few questions about the NPC Nation/Rogue Faction Support part.

1. Seeing that this option actually uses PP, does this mean that it is guaranteed that they will aid us in some form?

Nope. Some factions won't want to help you (such as Katana and the Tatara Zombies). You'd might want to contact them first before you actually spend your PP.

Quote:

2. Some NPC nations (Kanakan, and Norðeland) have people to contact if we want to discuss things with them and even possibly form diplomatic relationship with them, does this mean that the Nation NPC/Rogue Factions Support option is only for those that do not have people to contact to?

Yep, you got that right.

Quote:

3. I don't quite understand how the Rogue Faction works. Are they working independently from one another? I mean, say for example if Sea of Sadness is still under Rogue Faction's control instead of Highland's. If Jowston would want to sail to the north, we'd have to pass through the Black Wolf Straight and Sea of Sadness. Would this make Jowston have to negotiate with both Rogue Factions (and spending 4 PP instead of 2 PP) to pass through safely?

All you'll have to say is, "contact Rogue Factions in sea of sadness for free passage."

Quote:

4. If a Rogue Faction controls a port city, do they only control the naval dot that is in black color and directly outside the port? Or in an example, is Sea of Anger under Rogue Faction's control or "neutral" like in the past? Because I'm a bit confused by the black color of the Rogue Factions

They may be, or they may not be. Any black dot has the potential of being infested with pirates or monsters.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, Rebels aren't Rogue Factions/NPC Nations. They're separate entities altogether. The only way you can deal with them is through donating potch or soldiers to their rebel accounts.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question regarding the Rogue Factions, in particular the pirates who are lurking just off of Highlands shores and are allied with Marianne. As the pirates seem to have a capital in the form of Old Flotsam does this mean that these rogue held regions can be considered to be cut-off or will they always be considered to be uncutoffable?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rogue Factions are un-cutoffable. They don't have any "capital" although I have one listed for the sake of making sure the system works. Similarly, they have no leader or royal guard units.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I probably should also have said, "Miscellaneous / Rogue Factions" instead of "NPC Nations / Rogue Factions" as well.

NPC nations with people you can contact (which is basically any nation that has its own name) wouldn't fall under this. Sorry for the confusion.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After some discussion among admins, we've decided to get rid of the following option.

Quote:
2) NPC Nation / Rogue Faction Support (2pp): A nation can contact NPC Nations / rogue factions to send and / or receive aid from these entities. When this option is chosen, you will need to indicate which rogue region or rogue force you wish to contact to help or receive aid from. You will then be contacted by a rogue faction representative to hammer out details. Aid in this case can range from sending / receiving units, free pass through their regions (or trade routes), and various other possibilities depending on what is negotiated.

The rule was thought about back when we lacked a nice interface that sped up NPC related stuff. The above rule was just created just as added bureaucracy. But now we've improved our capabilities, this is no longer a problem, and it ain't a problem if people contact NPCs whenever the heck they wish. There are no guarantees it would be read though, because it depends on the NPC control person and they might ignore it intentionally as a part of their "role." So don't get too frustrated if you don't get replies etc. Also, some of the NPC control people don't come here very often, too (it seems).

Anyhow, sorry for backtracking, confusion, etc. You'll live.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay sounds interesting, should add a lot of emphasis into keeping rogues down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: