Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

°°°°Best PLot in a game°°°°°
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: °°°°Best PLot in a game°°°°° Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

****sry if this is posted already :D****

Wich games do you believe it has the best plot and why????(besides of Suikoden of course,since we love Suiko :D)

Maybe an easy and simple question,but for me,its important. :wink:

here goes my list:

Mafia:solid and cinematographic.Excellent characters.Some crazy and unexpected twists,specially at the end of the game.

MGS: excellent and sometimes bizarre plots.Neat enemies with great personality and Cool cut scenes.

Shenmue:the typical plot about honor and the always loved objective;kill your father's assasin.Although,the third part its not even in development,i still enjoy playing both games with my DC.

Pop:Warrior Within:one of th ebest games i've played lately,and one with the best ending twist

FFX: this is one of those games that you cant expect a bad plot,so i just gonna name it and keep writing. :wink:

Kingdom Hearts:surprisingly a game with a very good plot from the beginning until the end.

Well i know this is a small list,but i've played so many game in my short life that this the best i can recall right now.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One quick game that comes to mind is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I really enjoyed the whole storyline and i still sometimes even pick up that game and play around from time to time.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like the plot of Shadow Hearts. Especially [Spoiler] How Albert turns out to be an ally in the second one [/spoiler] I'm going to have say that I wasn't impressed by FFX's plot. Despite some of the twists, I kinda saw it all coming. Kingdom Hearts I did like a lot, but I don't know if I'd rank it up there in plot. One game I like that is really story driven is Xenosaga.

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well best plot in a game for me easily goes to Xenogears. That game to me was just amazing. It immersed you into the story and kept getting better. Although I am sort of a Xenogears fan boy(I mean a copy of Xenogears: Perfect Works), so I might have a higher opinion of it than most. I really wish I could see what it would have been like had the second disk not been rushed though. As anyone who has played it can tell you, once you get onto the second disk you are basically just told what happens instead of actually seeing it happen. It sort of ruins part of the storytelling of it.

Now the only series that I personally feel can approach Xenogears in plot is Xenosaga. At the moment I still feel that Xenogears had the better plot. However after seeing the ending for Xenosaga Episode 2, I feel that Xenosaga is starting to catch up. The plot started out decently and is starting to pick up a lot now. The ending of the second game left me with so many questions that I can't wait to find out in the future episodes. Now I just have to finish up the corny sub-plot of defeating the Dark-Professor and his Dark Erde Kaiser.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not sure about anyone else but Metal Gear Solid 2 is an awesome game.

Very odd characters.

Weird stuff happening.

Return of a great character.

Also Final Fantasy 10.

Cool characters.

awesome villains.

Great plot.

But the Suikoden series is still the best!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite liked the plot from Alundra - it wasn't exactly as cliched as I thought it would be and it dealth with theories of Gods, Demons and the Church which I always find interesting.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - say what you will about the graphics, I actually thought they suited the child link and his perception of the world, but the story was probably the darkest themed to date. Most people shrug it off immediately, but it's quite mature for a seemingly innocent and childish game.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha... most of what I was going to say has already been said... but the hard parts now is thinking of a great plot in a game... damn... all that comes into my head are anime plots hahaha... nothing beats Gungrave... even though that is on the playstation two it is better on anime... anyway back on topic...

Chrono Corss - I really don't know why but I really like this games story and such... really though provoking or something and really... well... it makes me want to know more about it, that is basically what I am trying to say okay?

Suikoden one - The first ever game that made me fall in love with the role playing genre... after playing this game and all... everything about it was unique to me at that time... about this game anyway... the story was... different and interesting at the time... mixed in with everything else the game offers it was great...

Suikoden two - another plot that was good for me... al the twists and emotional parts was great and a moment that won't ever be forgotten!!! same reasons as suikoden one for this game...

Alundra - rather unique from the beginning... you are on a ship and after a few minutes when certain requirements are done you crash on an island and from there it just keeps getting nteresting... hmmm...

that's all I can think of for now... plots and stories works best for role playing games... and are only a bonus for non role playing games and would not make a huge amount of difference to most great games... like Halo 2 for example... it doesn't need a story to be a great game but the story is just like a bonus feature hehehe

JNX out
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heres something that I found quite amusing.

Final Fantasy Tactics This game had a great plot to it but I found it hillarious that nobody really knew who the hell they were fighting until the very end. I mean sure they knew the Zodiac Braves or whatever but come on, who saw St. Ajora being the final enemy?
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have five or six that come to mind, at least.
*SPOILERS*

~ The series that goes without a name X - It took an excellent story and made it even better by telling it properly. I have slight isues with the cross-dimensional thing that happened to Tidus and Jecht, but other than that very solid. The land oppressed by the legendary monster that can only be killed through an ancient summon, but it becomes a question of utilitarianism when the protagonist questions sacrificing one life for the greater good. How Jecht was tied into the end was also well done, and the game had the best ending of any TS game to date (and the best ending theme, very beautiful).

~ LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue - Completely opposite to X in the way it deals with the sacrifice of life. A regular boy and his flying cat discover a beautiful blue haired girl in an ancient ruin. What follows is a whirlwind adventure to see the goddess of the land, and fight the god of darkness, who eventually arrives at the end of Disc II in an FMV sequence that I can say is the best I've ever seen in a videogame. The blue haired girl sacrifices herself to the god of destruction instead of destroying him (and the world), and it is up to my favorite cast of characters to save her. Bonus for having an epilogue and giving closure to the story.

~ The series that goes without a name IX - The Forgotten PSX TS game. Everyone always goes on about how good VII was and how disappointing VIII was, but you rarely hear anything about IX. Kuja, one of the greatest villains Square has ever conceived, is controlling a corrupt queen in her quest to round up the Eidolons (Summons) and use their destructive power in war. After getting all of the power he needs, Kuja then enters his final form for the final battle.

But I was really upset about Necron, but this does not drag down this game, one of the best in the series.

EDIT: Some of you seem to be confuseing plot and story. All of the games I listed above are great because of twists in their story design. Plot itself refers to the telling of the events of a story, and not the elements of the story itself. My favorite 'plot twist' is the sudden revelation, which all of the above three games feature at least one of.

Last edited by Vincent Chase on Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there are a lot of games that I could list which in my opinion personally at least have not just good storylines but incredible storylines on at least two of the games.

A lot of the things that I could say about each of the games fits into everything together as a whole for that matter I mean a lot of the things that make any one of these games good also fit for others.

Take Final Fantasy Tactics the first one I mean for example, and not the one for the gameboy advance which was a travesty of gaming. This game had great gameplay, an awesome storyline and many memorable and some even likable characters with twists and turns that were unexpected.

Then you have a game like Xenogears and it's overall incredible storyline, very good gameplay, and great characters as a whole make it much similar in a lot of way in comparison. Not in anything tangible mind you that could be seen as an obvious indication of ripping off something from another game though it is the same company. If we were to look into the present to find a game that much fits into these categories you could see it in games like Final Fantasy ten and Kingdom Hearts.

Yes I know another thing that links all of these games is that they are all games made by the company now known as Square Enix but that doesnt mean that all games that fit these characteristics are made by Square Enix.

I mean the entire Suikoden series as a whole has been pretty good in all of those categories and yes I am including Suikoden four in that. I am sure there are also other great games out there but these are the ones that stand out the most for me anyway and yeah thats just my opinion okay? Good.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears, definitely...it has the best story of any game I've ever played. The only time I actually genuinely cared about what happened to the characters throughout the whole game. Absolute genius.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree completely with you on Xenogears Lunarblade. It is an incredible shame that they cut the work on the second disk short and pretty much left it seriously lacking compared to the first disk however to be absolutely honest even the second disk is better than a lot of games out there. That says a lot doesnt it?

The mere fact that a rushed second disk where the story was rushed through and not as much detail put into it was better than a lot of the games out there even now.

Now if Xenosaga were to be developed to lead into and follow afterwards the Xenogears series they are certainly making it into a great series as a whole.

Unfortunately the company that makes Xenosaga swears up and down to no end that it is absolutely not the same series. That will more than likely change unless Square Enix decides to let them make the series into a prequel and continuation of Xenogears. Sadly thats not going to happen though unless the company pays out the wazzoo for the rights to do so.

*please use paragraphs to prevent a post that consists of a huge block of text-it makes your posts difficult and annoying to read.*

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears does have an exceptional storyline. I was hoping to be the first one to bring it up, but it looks like I got beaten to it several times over. And that takes away just about everything I have to say about it.

Lacking originality once more, I'm gonna offer Final Fantasy IX to the spotlight, as well. It was my first Final Fantasy (and RPG, by the way), so to me, it embodies what the whole 'Final Fantasy' experience should be. Since it's already been mentioned, I won't go into story specifics, but let's just say that I was very interested in the storyline from start to finished.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears' great storyline is severely offset by its subpar storytelling. What kind of RPG tell its story using pages and pages of text instead of acting it out in a video-game-ish manner?

No 'rushed' excuse will make up for that. That's just lame.
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xenogears is my all time favorite RPG. The story line was in depth. Even though they rushed to release the game, it was still great with what they were able to put out. Xenosaga has some really big shoes to fill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: