Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The elemental true runes should've been parts of one true rune?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Well, the two halves Gate rune itself are still true runes, I guess. It's just that the True Gate rune was split forcibly that it has become two pieces. I don't think its "true rune properties" were no longer present once it was split. I believe the two still count as true runes though, the two of them count as one of the 27.

They're not true runes by themselves, that is confirmed. You're right that both of them count as one of twenty-seven.

Ryusei wrote:
But I don't know about the star rune. I'm pretty sure it's not a true rune, and I don't think it grants immortality. It's just that its bearer is Zerase, which is just as mysterious as Jeane is, of whom we don't know about. I'm pretty sure the explanation behind that is not far from Jeane's though, since it has been said that she doesn't possess a true rune yet she keeps on popping up on different timelines.

Yes, it's stated in the game (in one of the old books) that the Star Rune is a "child rune" of the Night Rune (Star Dragon Sword). We really don't know anything else about Zerase or the rune, however.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

673539 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Remember that the Sun rune, the Night Rune, theTwilight rune, and the Dawn rune were all connected untill the Night rune turned into a sword and cut it's self away. The Sun rune and Night rune are both still very powerful and have different spots on the 27 even though they were once connceted.

Basically im saying it may be possibly that all the element runes were connected at one point into a element rune chunk, but they were still different runes with differnt properties.

Corrent me if im wrong, but maby that the runes were joined at one time could explain how they could cancel out eachother. Like Geddoe's Rune cancled out Luc's wind rune. The back gate peice takes away what the front peice produces. The twilight rune plus the dawn rune can dampen the harmfulness of the Sun rune. And how the Bright shield rune is always fighting the Black sword rune and neither side clearly wins.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not that they cancelled each other out, it's that they were equally powerful, to be honest I don't think I could see any RPG making one element stronger than all the others. Lots of runes within the Suikoden world have conflicts with eachother, and most of them have started full-scale wars, Suikoden is all about the True Runes in the end...
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji wrote:
It's not that they cancelled each other out, it's that they were equally powerful, to be honest I don't think I could see any RPG making one element stronger than all the others. Lots of runes within the Suikoden world have conflicts with eachother, and most of them have started full-scale wars, Suikoden is all about the True Runes in the end...

Yes, I agree with Uji's explanation here. I also think that they were just equally as powerful that they just cancelled each other. I believe Luc and Geddoe's skill with the use of their runes were equal, that's why their spells negated each other. I don't think that it's because that they're both using elemental runes that they cancelled each other. I believe any other true rune bearer with equal skill as theirs would have been able to negate their spells too.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Uji wrote:

Yes, I agree with Uji's explanation here. I also think that they were just equally as powerful that they just cancelled each other. I believe Luc and Geddoe's skill with the use of their runes were equal, that's why their spells negated each other. I don't think that it's because that they're both using elemental runes that they cancelled each other. I believe any other true rune bearer with equal skill as theirs would have been able to negate their spells too.

Actually, I meant that because they were both elemental runes, as in all the True Elemental Runes are equally powerful, but I suppose their experience with the runes counted as well.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Ryusei wrote:
Uji wrote:

Actually, I meant that because they were both elemental runes, as in all the True Elemental Runes are equally powerful, but I suppose their experience with the runes counted as well.

but, dont they explain that some elements outdo others? like Water to Fire... so.. they arent equal I would think...

also lightning spells often only hit a single target whereas Fire hits everything on the battlefield, and earth has one pretty powerful offensive spell (earthquake) that hits everything on the ground, and wind has one semi powerful spell (The shredding) that (depending on the game [in suikoden 1 it's a singular target spell]) hits everything...

so.. some elements are more powerful than others while some balance out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: