Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Halo 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
The equipment works better on multiplayer. Though 4 player co-op with all the skulls turned on the bubble shield and regenerator really helps. Jossef, did you and your friend have Campaign Scoring turned on when you guys where going through the stages?

Nah, we just played through the campaign mode without the scoring just to play through the story. We were more concerned with covenant ass kicking and seeing the final chapter in the Halo story unfold than trying to gain a score. If you get bored, you can see what I've done by checking the player name "Spuderik" on bungie.net.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just found this clip of a Halo 3 Saved Film clip of a multiplayer match that has to have the luckiest plasma grenade throw ever. Good thing this game has this Saved Film feature or this person would never have been believed whenever he tried telling people he did this.

Luckiest Halo 3 plasma grenade throw, stick and kill

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought this game the other day, I've only played it for about five minutes though, I'll have to sit down with it again.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
I just found this clip of a Halo 3 Saved Film clip of a multiplayer match that has to have the luckiest plasma grenade throw ever. Good thing this game has this Saved Film feature or this person would never have been believed whenever he tried telling people he did this.

Holy crap, is that even possible!? Haha, that was so awesome.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, it's possible. Everyone with the game has downloaded the video from Bungie and watched it. So far, people have been trying to replicate their own version.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why does the grenade take so long to explode? Is that how it's set in multiplayer?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

plasma grenades have a longer burn time than the regular frag grenades or the newer fire grenades. Plus, plasma grenades won't begin to count down to detonation until it sticks to a surface. That's why it's a great for killing the person who killed you if you can do a last moment stick to them with a plasma.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The new Fuel Rod Cannon aka Flamethrower is a nice heavy weapon which when used in the right way can take out a room full of players in Slayer or Team Slayer. The only drawback with the weapon being it puts the player into an over-the-shoulder third-person view and cuts down your movement speed by half.

One thing I like about the weapons in this game is that no one weapon becomes a superweapon which tips the balance of a multiplayer match to the person or team wielding it. Even the powerful Gravity Hammer which has splash damage beyond the impact point has its own drawbacks.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was playing around with that massive hammer thing yesterday, man it kills everything in one blow, shame it runs out of power or whatever it uses.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:
One thing I like about the weapons in this game is that no one weapon becomes a superweapon which tips the balance of a multiplayer match to the person or team wielding it.

While there is no one weapon which tips the balance of a multiplayer map, one of the key factors of success is finding the "best" weapons within a given match. The Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Energy Sword are likely to give any team or individual a strong advantage, if they can use them well.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, thats the trick. The person holding those weapon better know how to use them. Nothing worst than someone on the team who picks up the sword but doesn't know how to use it. Same for the Hammer.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So yeah, I just bought this game, mainly because it had a collectible helmet thingy, and I love collectibles. I'll get around to playing it sometime, and I do have XBL, so you could no doubt get some cheap victories if you ever happen upon me while I'm playing. Really, I'm terrible at these things.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can join my group and you can be bait. It always help to have bait so we can find where the snipers are hiding. :)

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tullaryx wrote:

Thats funny, my classmate pulled me away from my computer in the computer lab to show me that very video. I got yelled at for looking at videos and got kicked off my freaking computer. Was it all worth it?

You bet your sweet ass it was! :D

I recently finished the campaign mode and I have to say, I was pretty disapointed. The game felt rather short, and I wasn't exactly pleased with the ending. But in the end it's Halo, you can either love it, or move to Soviet Russia. To me the choice is simple.

But yeah, I'm loving Live, I try not to play it much because I have work to do, and live has a tendency to convert minutes into hours.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jorge, did you finish the campaign on Normal, Heroic or Legendary? Really finishing the game on anything outside of Legendary will be easy. Legendary with skulls turned on for some Meta-scoring action is where its at. I got two skulls and need the rest before I try Legendary again with my friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: