Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tekken
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Tekken Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do any of you like the Tekken games? It is one of my favorite fighting game series. I like Fighting and RPG games best. Are any of you picking up Tekken 5 in the future like I am? Is it just me or is Christy (from Tekken 4) one of the hottest Video Game Chicks out there (of course, Jeane is one of them also).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only played Tekken 4, but I hear there were better ones. I'm generally no good at fighting games, but I liked this one anyway. I don't currently plan on picking up Tekken 5; I wasn't enthralled enough by 4. Christy, eh? A friend of mine oggled her enough for the both of us. I'm just not that taken in by polygonal/drawn women. (Not that there's anything wrong with that :| )

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recently i saw this trailer from gametrailers.com and the CG is beautifful,specially the rain effect.

About the characters Heihachi is one of my favorites char. of any game fro any console.Its a shame that in Tekken 5 he dies and reborns as a cyborg or sumthin :S

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have played some of the previous Tekken games and i would have to say that i was unimpressed. That is not to say that it isn't a good series, but just that it wasn't for me. I am not much of a fighting game person and also prefer rpg's to anything else.

Come to think of it i haven't really been into any fighting game since way back in the mortal kombat/ Street Fighter 2 days.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Historically, I've hated fighting games except for Battle Arena Toshinden.... And Tekken.
I love the Tekken series (I think I've done this rant somewhere else on this board...). Ever since the first one, I've loved the realism of it (well, it wasn't VERY realistic in the beginning but it got there!). The different fighting styles pitted against one another, the fact that there was never, EVER combos you could do to kill someone without them being able to recover, that it was always based on skill and not just knowledge of in-game exploits. Even the rare infinite combos aren't perfect and deadly.

I'll be picking up Tekken 5 when it comes out.. Hell yeah. :)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Battle arena toshinden was one of the first games that I got for my playstation man... hahaha I MMan9000... I rate you man! good, another person who enjoys both role playing games and fighting games...

Anyway yeah I like the Tekken games... I have played each and everyone one of them, from Tekken one to Tekken four... soon to be Tekken five hahaha... of all the characters, in no particualr order, my few favourites are

Martial Law/Foest Law - why on earth not? everyone must like the Bruce Lee wanabe's hahaha... but Martial Law has to be the closest to Bruce Lee than any other wanabe's in fighting games... Jann Lee comes Fei Long second from Street Fighter games, Jann Lee gets thrid place from dead or alive... well... Law's got great moves, good combos and nice fast, strong blows!!! cool...

Lee Chao Lan - Great style, like the moves (espesially the ininate kick combo which annoys my stupid bredrens) and has a similar, HIGHLY similar fighting style to the Laws... great... but has other moves as well...

Lei Wu Long - A great fighter, nice confusing moves... for the opponents of course hahaha

Jin Kazama - like the hoody, another evil yet not like character...

Kazuya mishima - great design, turns into the devil and a cool villain like character

JNX out
Trevoke

The missing liberty

25000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have liked, to date, all the characters except Xiaoyu who is the first character I have never "mastered" because I never understood her fighting style, so it would be rather pointless for me to make a list. Let's just say I like pressing their buttons ;-)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
because I never understood her fighting style,

THAT my friend is the beauty of that character... with her confusing moves she can be a very complex character having that as her advantage... she is quick and skillful... her flips and sidesteps dodge and damages others easily making her like a ninja... expect the unexpected from this character...

The characters that I hate the most in the Tekken series are Kuma and Panda... what on earth is the point of having them there? they are useless... they are not a challenge nor are they good to play as... strong yeah but slow and short ranged? ugh... but still I have mastered them and everyone else hahaha...

JNX out
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scary enough, I thought that Kuma and Panda were quite good. My best character out of all games is Jun Kazama of Tekken Tag. I memorized her White Heron Dance and I could literally almost drain all the health with one of those combos. My second best character is Christie. I personally thought she was one of the best in Tekken 4. Of course, when I get enough money I am picking up Tekken 5 when it comes out.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Tekken! I've never played the first one though. <_< But I've played all of then after that.

My favourite one is the Tag Tournament. =) Since it had all my fav characters together. XD Plus the TT had bowling!! I used to play that rather than fight. XD

I played Tekken 5 at an arcade in downtown Toronto. =) Xiaoyu's outfit is so cute! XD
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've also not played the first Tekken, but every other Tekken after that. I plan on buying Tekken 5 as soon as it's out.

And Christie? Umm... I like Nina Williams better! Have you seen Death by Degrees????? :D

But my favorite character would have to be Kazuya Mishima! He's one badass guy and Jin Kazama is okay but it gets on my nerves how overrated he's becoming. Kazuya all the way.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about you guys, but i managed to beat Teeken 4 story with Ling Xiaouyu with no defeats at all, even against Heihachi in diapers. I've come to love her fighting. But she's second to the Laws. Man, do they kick butt! As JNX put it, you just got to love the Bruce Lee wannabes.

And Christy is certainly very hot. But it seems that people have forgotten about Eddie Gordo. Who was the Capoeria master dude? It's Eddie my friends. But, *sigh*, Christy sure is pleasing to the eye.

I like Stevie as well. When i first tried his character, other people sure got annoyed with my weaving. Lol, Weaving is goooood.

So, I really want to get my hands on Tekken 5, definitely. one of my favorite fighting games, along with the King of Fighters series.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... it seems quite a few people missed out on the first tekken... well I don't blame ya'll, it really wasn't that good even for those times... Tekken 2 was thr turning point for the game... where it gained it's popularity... well that's how I see it anyway. then it just kept getting better and better, what annoyed me about Tekken 3 though was the difference between that and the japanese versions of the game...

The Japanese versions of Tekken three was much faster which is a good thing when you look at how slow the PAL version is and I think the NTSC version as well... also if you have noticed the ending for Nina Williams is completely different... *Spoilers*

In the Pal version I can't remember what happened... sorry but in the japanese version Nina walked up behind Anna and undone her bra in a few seconds... leaving all the guys staring at her lol

Tiger, Eddy Gordo, Christy... they are all the same to me... of course I would choose Christy simply because She has looks which would hopefully distract opponents lol...

Death by Degrees is a game based on Nina Williams... the idea is like Ninja Gaiden where they take a fighting character and make their own game for that particular character in this case... the game doesn't look that good...

Tekken is one of my top fighting games... but it lacks some speed especially in tekken four, and from the movies and hoards of gameplay movies I have seen the speed seems to be lacking there as well... oh well... good for those with slow eyes then... :twisted:

JNX out
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just bought Tekken 5, and am enjoying every minute of it, well...except for the Devil Within mini-game. I am thinking of getting Death by Degrees, just to see how good it is (if it is any good). You know, one of Christy's victory dances has her leaning over towards the screen...well you know....anyways, two of my friends went ga-ga over that victory dance, but I digress.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ehhh... Tekken's alright, but I prefer the Soul Blade/Soul Calibur series, myself.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: