Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

former President Ford dies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: former President Ford dies Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Former President Gerald Ford has died at the age of 93. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

http://enews.earthlink.net/article/pol?guid=20061226/4591fdd0_3ca6_1552 6200612272135080083
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. He was still alive?

And how many more people are going to die this year? Was the Grim Reaper busy or something? Did he get a new scythe for christmas and he wanted to try it out?

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

People die every year. Well, it was far worse at this time two years ago when the Tsunami hit South and Southeast Asia.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rest in Peace, Mr. President.

He's probably having a nice laugh and toasting a large glass of beer with Michigan Wolverine foorball coach Bo Schembechler right about now.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I was sitting at the computer minding my own buisiness, and the tv behind me was on the news, where they just announced that he passed away. I mean it really isnt all that surprising, considering that he has been sick for a really long time now, and it was just a matter of time until this happened. He lived a ood long life, and unfortunately due to his connection to Nixon, and all the things that Nixon did, he stood no chance of being reelected. He was known for his love of football, and his presidency, which for what he had to work with was fairly decent anyway. So today, the US has lost another fairly good President. So I would like to wish my sincere condolences, to his friends and family in their time of need.

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

r.i.p. gerald ford after 93 years old (WOW) are thoughts and prayers with his family during the hoildays.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
People die every year. Well, it was far worse at this time two years ago when the Tsunami hit South and Southeast Asia.

But I mean there have been like 3 or 4 famous people who have died in the past week. Oh well. He's in a better place now, wherever that might be.

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

glen wrote:
r.i.p. gerald ford after 93 years old (WOW) are thoughts and prayers with his family during the hoildays.

Rest in peace Mr Gerald Ford,my thoughts go out to the Ford family in this tough time they must go through this holiday season.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rest in Peace Ford, condolences to his family and anyone else left behind.

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope he rests in peace. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought he was a good President. To make light of the situation, here's an SNL skit with Dana carvey. yes, its relevant to the topic.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-89770458144460734&q=gerald+for d+snl

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

R.I.P., President Ford. Honestly, I don't know much about the man aside from the fact that he had the daunting task of taking over the country following Nixon's impeachment (portraying him as clumsy should be disregarded considering he was an All-American for Michigan). However, my respect for the man grew tremendously after reading this article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16372929/

Once again, R.I.P.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
unfortunately due to his connection to Nixon, and all the things that Nixon did, he stood no chance of being reelected.

Minor correction: he was never elected to begin with. He would have to had been elected first before being reelected. He was sworn in as President after Nixon resigned. Plus, since he served more than 2 years of Nixon's term, he couldn't have run again had he won his first election (which he didn't, Carter did). You are right in that he couldn't be reelected, but for different reasons. ;)

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is always sad when a person dies. He was well respected and a decent leader. He only brought honor to the seat of the Presidency, a claim not many presidents can make...

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read that article about his disagreements too, Thor. I thought it was quite classy of him to keep quiet about it even though he disagreed. Shows a good deal of character, and it makes me respect the man a little more, despite how little I knew about him.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: