Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Has anyone else's Nash done this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Has anyone else's Nash done this? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so, the other day, I was on the plain just south of Budehuc (Suikoden 3, of course) when (suprise) I got into a random encounter. Now, I never run from encounters, as a matter of fact I was looking for them. I'm an uber-leveler/min-maxer by nature, the vast majority of my gaming time is spent in pursuits of just about every random encounter possible.

I had Nash in the front of my third rank, and he was almost at level 50 (his is, at the present moment, at level 56). He did not have a title at that time. One of those, um, blue, wingedy boar thingamugummies (I'm pretty sure that is the right enemy, but I wasn't really paying attention until IT happened having auto selected and all) attacked him, and he either countered or parried (No idea which). That's not the amazing thing; the amazing thing is that he did it with his dagger- the big one.

Everyone (myself included) always seems to forget that he wears that on his hip (when discussing all the weapons Nash carried in the Gaidens over at Suikosource, they left that one out, which is, as far as I know, the only one the forgot). He actually drew it out and slashed (or that's what it looked like; just like, say, if Augustine had done it, except backwards and with a dagger).

I've been getting him intentionallyhit for my last few sessions with the game, trying to duplicate it, but to no avail. Was it just my imagination? Could be; it was pretty late. But I feel positive that that was what I saw. Does a certain stat let them parry occasionally without the Parry skill if it meets some given criteria? Has anyone else's Nash done this?

Anyone at all ('cause if not then I must be mad and I really don't want to have to get therapy or glasses)?

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it would be helpfull if you rermber and then....screen capture it if possible.

maybe it was a dream>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't say I ever remember that happening, Not saying your crazy or anything, Just I have never seen it happen, I guess it could be possible.
:?:

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done the same thing a couple of times, after some people said Nash uses the Grosser Fluss when he counterattacks. However, I discovered he used his knife, which wasn't as shocking as the Grosser Fluss, but nevertheless cool. He isn't parrying by the way, this is a counter-attack, which doesn't require any skill to perform.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

COOL! i need to replay s3 eventulary anyway. I want to see this as well.

IS the Gflusso n the pronuntiation page?

If he did have that weapon hed be going beserk and attacking his allies wouldent he? Thats why he used darts instead. ( i would have loved to have seen it too)

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I need to play Suikoden III again as well and pay close attention, I want to see that since it is true.

Hrmmm...I think I shall just do that since I am finished with my second play through of IV now.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Could you imagine if the Developers had done something as cool and as hidden as put the Grosser Fluss in the game. Say once nash is raised to level 70 say, and he was in the party a slash command was put in place of release, such as in IV with the slash orb. All the allies would retreat leaving nash alone to quickly destoy any enemies with the Grosser Fluss.

This idea just popped into my head after reading your posts. Just something to entertain the mind.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If something like that were in the game one would think it would have been leaked well before now. 3 years after suiko 3 came out. But yeah it would be totally cool.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did notice Nash using a longer sword to counter but it didn't come to me as the legendary Grosser Fluss... I know he already sealed it... Now he has a dart-thrower similar to a certain-faction rebellious girl in the 8th series of the 'game that shouldn't be named...'...

But it would be interesting to see if Nash uses it at somepoint... But highly unlikely...

The Emissary Peregrine

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am so glad to know I'm not crazy; I'm also glad I found something that is overlooked. It gives you appreciation of the smaller details programmers put in the game. But mostly I'm glad to just have an answer.

And not be crazy.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure Nash didn't even bring his Grosser Fluss with him in Suikoden 3... It's probably left with his Missus whoever it is... If his missus is Sierra, she'll probably be having fun with the grosser fluss...

Anyway, i always thought Nash shouldn't have been using darts in S3... It just seems to make him feel... Weak... I'd have thought he'd at least be using a normal sword or something... He after does possess pretty good swordsmanship...

I got quite annoyed especially when he told Chris "i can handle a sword pretty well" Or something like that, and then he ends up using darts...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To be fair to Nash, he doesn't use "darts."
He uses spikes that gets launched from a mechanism on his arms.
Because he's a spy, he needs weapons that are more discreet.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard that Ayame counters with claws and Watari counters with his katana, but I have not confirmed this. I guess all the "dart class" weapons users counter with melee weapons.

^Actual quote!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can confirm that Watari counters with his Katana for sure. I think that Ayame uses her claw, but I am not sure. I am 100% sure about Watari though.
Claude-o-san

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry hasn't happened yet - but will keep trying to see if it there is a random chance
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: