Suikoden United and Illegal Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viki in IV!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Viki in IV! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone seen Viki mess up her teleporting in IV yet?

Because I haven't. And I got Viki just as soon as I possibly could and teleported like mad all game long, but I never once got sent off somewhere by one of her spells.

I wonder if she's actually improving her blinking skills as the games go on?
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think so too.

I was teleporting like crazy to all the trading posts and all the places I needed to go for the next scenes or something and I never got teleported wrongly.

But then again, unlike Suikoden II, I don't think there're any hidden places that we can't explore or go...
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Viki in IV! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Carabbit wrote:

suidoken four came before all the other ones so shouldn't her skills be worser? :?

anyways Viki is probably the useful one out of all the 108 SoD
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Viki in IV! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God wrote:
Carabbit wrote:

suidoken four came before all the other ones so shouldn't her skills be worser? :?

anyways Viki is probably the useful one out of all the 108 SoD

:shock:

LOL! :D I really did not think of that one! You're sooooo~ rite!

That means that she was better in the past than in the future!

I really should have thought of that!

Good one!

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I believe that she arrived in Suikoden IV directly after Suikoden III--there is nothing to confirm that with, I just like to think that IV is a sequel in some sense (even if it's just for one character). So if I'm right, then yes, she is improving with age. So BLEH! :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was all kind of talk that viki did come from after the evens of III before the game came out. and the game hints it during the bath scene with her and jeane, viki says some thing to the effect of "I seem to remember doing this before..." I really don't know the point of putting that in, other than to give fans a quick smile but why and how else would she say that?
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Well, I believe that she arrived in Suikoden IV directly after Suikoden III--there is nothing to confirm that with, I just like to think that IV is a sequel in some sense (even if it's just for one character). So if I'm right, then yes, she is improving with age. So BLEH! :D

I think you are right. With her teleportation its very likely. She doesn't seem as dumb either does she? Maybe she is getting smarter as well??

Somebody check hell for ice....

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viki does seem more intelligent in this game. Her dialogue is a lot less spacey. Of course that may also be because she doesn't seem to talk as much either. It's possible that she's from the future and is finally getting better. Or it may be that teleporting all the time actually is messing up her brain.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One reason i would say that Viki comes directly from the events of Suikoden 3 is that when you recruit her i got the here we go again feeling from her. It seemed as if she expected it to happen and just wanted to hurry up and join the unsuspecting hero.

Or it could be that this is the fourth time i have recruited her and it is my mindset that i am projecting.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

She probably expected it to happen because that was the way it happened in all the other Suikodens!

Anyways, I agree that she doesn't seem as spaced out as before.

And yes, I am checking hell for ice... where is it....?

LOL.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Konami just didnt develop her thats why she seems more intelligent. Konami didnt bother putting in her messing up the teleport location either. ITs like they didnt even try with suikoden 4.

Also i believe Viki Jumps Thru Time and space with her sneezes. Little Vik and something to do with the time space continum a alternate self of big viki or a past version? Whos to say. But by the fact that little viki tells big vik i what year it is and where they are on the mountain between grassland and harmonia in 3 gives me reason to believe that Viki is more than she appears.

Perhaps shes like Merlin In the Arthurian Legends? An Immortal Aging Backwards thru time and as she gets older the more she forgets? Or perhaps some variation? ITs preety Fascenation speculation i must admit.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
Perhaps shes like Merlin In the Arthurian Legends? An Immortal Aging Backwards thru time and as she gets older the more she forgets? Or perhaps some variation? ITs preety Fascenation speculation i must admit.

You may have something there I never thought about her being modeled after Merlin. I am sure others have, I just never did. It makes perfect sense since little Viki seemed to be very smart and big Viki was her usual ditzy self. Traveling through time could also be making her brain jelly and that is why the "young" Viki was smarter.

It could be that the reason she seemed smarter in IV was that Konami was just lazy with her character this time around, but maybe not we may find out later on who knows.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They -have- come out and said that Viki pretty much teleports out of the one game's ending and into the next game. She vanished from the victory feast after both 1 and 2 and popped up in the next installment, and the same thing happened with 3. I believe SARSadmin confirmed this long ago, I just don't for the life of me remember where.
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
They -have- come out and said that Viki pretty much teleports out of the one game's ending and into the next game. She vanished from the victory feast after both 1 and 2 and popped up in the next installment, and the same thing happened with 3. I believe SARSadmin confirmed this long ago, I just don't for the life of me remember where.

Yup in Suiko 4 she also vanished from the feast.And its obvious that shes got some kind of mental problem because of teleporting form game to game,land to land,and why i say that???because she cant remember anything.lol

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so she vanishes again? I guess we should just go ahead and fill in the name of her star for Suikoden V then. I'd imagine now after a decade since it all begin, there would be a huge uproar from fans if the rune master or the keeper of the mirror is changed for no good reason in future games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: