Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

character comparisons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: character comparisons Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am wondering who is better between these certain groups (based on your own experiences, not what the guide says)

Mizuki vs. Lo Fong
Maxine vs. Jeane
Helga vs. Mitsuba
Sigurd vs. Hervey
Wendel vs. Warlock
Kate vs. Flare
Gretchen vs. Ameria
Axel vs. Selma

after a few people post, I will post my opinion...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm...
Well, as far as character design goes,

Mizuki
Jeane(hehehe)
Mitsuba
Hervey
Warlock
Flare
Gretchen
Axel

In combat I'm thinking,

Mizuki
Jeane
Mitsuba
Hervey
Warlock
Kate
Gretchen
Selma

Heh, I thought thered be more of a difference there....(ahem) o well. Theres my answer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my choices:

Mizuki vs. Lo Fong: battle wise- Mizuki (speedier, and just more fun)
look wise- Mizuki (I like ninjas)

Jeane vs. Maxine: battle wise- Maxine (she can equip 3 runes, Jeane can't)
look wise- Jeane (something about Maxine I don't like)

Helga vs. Mitsuba: battle wise- Helga (stronger...)
look wise- Mitsuba (cuter and just looks better)

Sigurd vs. Hervey: battle wise- Sigurd (can use magic)
look wise- Sigurd (he just looks cooler or something)

Warlock vs. Wendel: battle wise- Wendel (both have extremely high Mag, but Wendel is faster)
look wise- Wendel (Warlock reminds me too much of my dad)

Flare vs. Kate: battle wise- Kate (not as fast, but better at magic)
look wise- Kate (I like ninjas)

Gretchen vs. Ameria: battle wise- Gretchen (stronger)
look wise- Ameria (for different reasons....)

Axel vs. Selma: battle wise- Selma (kick-a$$)
look wise- Selma (looks awesome)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki vs Lo Fong - I tended to use Mizuki more, but neither of them were very useful to me.

Jeane vs Maxine - I liked them both as mages, I'll probably give the edge to Jeane for being old-school and also for pleasing the eyes ;)

Helga vs. Mitsuba - In my experience, Helga seemed to miss a lot more, whereas Mitsuba was always laying down the hurt.

Sigurd vs. Hervey - Hervey was usually always the first to act, at least when all the characters' levels were about even, and he was just as strong as the Hero. Sigurd seemed to get more critical hits though, so I think it's a toss-up. Definitely these two stars have been two of the best throughout the series (Alen-Grenseal, Camus-Miklotov, and Borus-Percival).

Warlock vs. Wendel - Wendel was able to take some physical damage (and even give some out) whereas Warlock was totally weak. I actually like them both, but I have to give the edge to Wendel.

Flare vs. Kate - I never used either of them much, but Kate was one of the few characters early on who could use the 4th level magic spell. Flare I didn't use much by the end of the game.

Gretchen vs. Ameria - Two more characters I barely used. I give the edge to Ameria for the short-shorts. :D

Axel vs. Selma - Selma had higher magic and just seemed like a more well-balanced fighter than Axel. Plus I dig the green hair.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What, the short shorts rank higher in your esteem than the virtual lack of a shirt? For shame!

*coughs*

Uhm, what were we talking about again? Oh right. Uhm. I dunno, some of these comparissons I don't like, since I either used neither or both! ;) I didn't use the ninja, Flare or the Lo family, so that knocks out both.

I took -both- Ameria and Gretchen to either the final boss or the second-to-final boss; both are kickass fighters who can use level 4 magic. Add to that mix Frederica, who would win the battle between the three of them for looks [there's just something... attractive about her; I can't begin to put my finger on it, no matter how much I might want to ;)].

Wow, Warlock is beaten out by -Wendel- of all people? I so never realized she was worth bothering with. *glances at his spreadsheet* Yup, never used her once. Damn.

Sigurd and Hervey, and Alex and Selma I always used as teams. And then stopped using them altogether. S&H I stopped using at level 37... wow, and A&S I also stopped using at level 37 ^_^;; Found better people, I guess.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are my choices in terms of character designs and combat skills:

Mizuki
Jeane
Mitsuba
Sigurd
Wendel
Flare
Ameria
Axel
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wendel is one of those people with hidden talent. When I originally saw her character art way back in august at Suikosource (I don't have an account there, tried, and entered the link that they told me to go to, and that "Error" message popped up) I thought she would be worthless. I asked a while back in a thread I did (forget what it is called right now) and I learned that she wasn't all that bad. I planned to try her out and see, and turns out they were right, and she was really good.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki-Shrike Rune powa!

Jeane-badass and sezy magician............what else do u want???

Mitsuba-not my favorite char. but i think shes better as a fighter than Helga.

Hervey-Kikas right hand says it all. :wink:

Warlock-yet another old and kool wizard.

Flare.

Gretchen-powerful and shes got good Thunder affinity.

Axel-as good as Izak.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki = She's fast, very fast. Her skill points are better than Lo Fong's.

Jeane = Jeane wins, hands-down.

Mitsuba vs Helga = Dunno. I didn't use both very much. I hated them because of their low hit rate. So i gave up on the both of them.

Sigurd = Hervey might be faster, but Sigurd has better magic points and he has better skill points. In my game, he criticals every second encounter when equipped with a Killer Rune. Hervey, in this sense, was lacking.

Wendel vs. Warlock = Dunno. Hardly ever used.

Kate = Better skill points, better speed, better magic. Need I say more?

Gretchen vs. Ameria = Never used them. But looks-wise, Ameria definitely wins.

Axel vs. Selma = Never used either.

Sorry, I'm not much help.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki vs. Lo Fong = Mizuki she is faster and has the shrike rune, looks wise she is better also.

Maxine vs. Jeane = battle wise Maxine since she does not have the Charm rune and can equip more runes. Jeane wins the beauty contest obviously.

Helga vs. Mitsuba = Mitsuba, I used Helga very little I do not care much for axe users. Mitsuba also wins the better looking character vote

Sigurd vs. Hervey = Hervey, he is more powerful than Sigurd and hits twice. Sigurd wins my vote for better looking character.

Wendel vs. Warlock = Wendal, I never used Warlock so I cannot speak for him, but Wendal is a decent character that I like

Kate vs. Flare = Kate, she is a ninja and is rather quick herself. Looks wise Kate also wins as Flare is rather drab.

Gretchen vs. Ameria = Ameria, I use both of these characters but Ameria seems to be the better of the two even though they are similar. Looks wise Ameria wins that as well, for obvious reasons "cough" see through shirt.

Axel vs. Selma = Axel, I did not use either of these two until my second play through but Axel turned out to be pretty good, Selma is as well but I think Axel in the higher levels is stronger (at least I think) Looks wise I like Selma as I love elf characters

:mrgreen:

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki- For good reason. Fast and has the shrike rune. Not to mention she's got the whole ninja-thing going on, and everybody loves ninjas.

Jeane- I used both a few times, and I found that I preferred Jeane for... well, one reason or another. Maxine was simply never all that useful in my eye.

Mistuba- Never used Helga. But Mitsuba isn't all that bad, except she misses quite a bit...

Hervey- Heh, he has a nice double hit in his attack. Like him way, way better than Sigurd, who always seemed too stiff and dry to me. Didn't stop me from using them together, though.

Warlock- Even though I never used him, Wendel wasn't all that much fun to use. Besides, I've heard he has better magic anyways. Wendel may look better, but looks don't mean a whole lot if I can't kill bosses.

Flare- Okay, so I can't remember who Kate is. I think this has happened something like five times, but I still can't remember what she looks like. Now I'll go look her up on the game and then promptly forget again when I go to sleep. A vicious cycle.

Ameria- Only ever used Ameria. And I have no intention of bringing Gretchen to battle.

Selma- By a long shot. Never liked Axel, never will. But Selma is a neat character, if you ask me. Big swords are fun, heh heh.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kate is the ninja that you had to take Mizuki along with you to recruit. Is it just me or is Mizuki a tad bit overrated? I thought she was alright, but not the best. I thought that personally Kate was a tad bit better, sure she's not as fast, and doesn't have the water-rune affinity that Mizuki has, but she is still somewhat better in my book. I'm probably one of the few that did not take Mizuki along to either defeat Graham Clay or the Giant Tree Boss. I actually thought that Wendel was one of the better characters in the game. She is not the typical mage by any means, she also is stronger then most mages, faster then most mages, and possibly gets hit less then most mages (she has the highest evade rate in the game), but let's not get into an argument about that. I still don't have any idea what skill does, so will one of you please tell me?

Official Smoke Bomb User

OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Kate is the ninja that you had to take Mizuki along with you to recruit. Is it just me or is Mizuki a tad bit overrated? I thought she was alright, but not the best. I thought that personally Kate was a tad bit better, sure she's not as fast, and doesn't have the water-rune affinity that Mizuki has, but she is still somewhat better in my book. I'm probably one of the few that did not take Mizuki along to either defeat Graham Clay or the Giant Tree Boss. I actually thought that Wendel was one of the better characters in the game. She is not the typical mage by any means, she also is stronger then most mages, faster then most mages, and possibly gets hit less then most mages (she has the highest evade rate in the game), but let's not get into an argument about that. I still don't have any idea what skill does, so will one of you please tell me?

Well, Kate is better as an offensive mage, even if she's not as fast as Mizuki.

I never took Wendel, so I wouldn't know.

Skill is probably the attribute that determines your hit rate (or accuracy rate). People with high Skill points but low STR will probably hit more frequently than people with high STR but low Skill points.

Take Mitsuba for an instant, she has high STR but low skill points so her hit rate sucks real bad. Sigurd, on the other hand, has better skill points, so he criticals and hits a lot more than Mistuba....

Just my point of view...
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: character comparisons Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mizuki vs Lo Fong - Probably Mizuki. I don't use either a whole lot, but Mizuki wins in my book because of her Shrike rune and her nifty ninja evasion skills.

Maxine vs Jeane - I think Maxine was the faster of the two. Unless I'm confusing her with someone else, Maxine was one of the few mages that actually had decent speed. Jeane has a high magic stat, but I'd prefer a couple less spells and faster casting time.

Helga vs Mitsuba - You know, I've never actually used Helga. Mitsuba was alright. Sometimes it seemed like she could never hit a darned thing.

Sigurd vs Hervey - Really it depends on what kind of fighter I need in my party. Hervey with Ogre Set, Killer and Double-Strike Runes, and a Medicine rune can handle practically everything in the game by himself. Sigurd has a much lower physical attack since he can't wear the Ogre Set, but makes up for it with great magic. My verdict? Take 'em both with you and you'll destroy everything you encounter. It's nice being able to Auto my way through Reinhold's training battles.

Wendel vs Warlock - Well, Warlock has a Mother Earth rune, highest Earth magic affinity possible, and something like six Earthquake spells. You do the math.

Kate vs Flare - I haven't used Flare a whole lot, but I'll go with Kate anyway. Higher crit and evasion rate, I think.

Gretchen vs Ameria - I kind of never used Gretchen.... Ameria's surprisingly strong though. I like her and Millay alot.

Axel vs Selma - Nope, haven't used them either.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is earthquake the strongest spell out there? If so, then I need to find someone who has an affinity for it (other then Warlock). I personally thought that the Thunder Rune was better, and Wendel can work wonders with that rune. Rage rune is also good, and Kate can do so much damage with that rune! On the Mizuki-Kate debate, I guess that the preference is up to you, if you like mages better, then go with Kate, but if you like Damage Runes (such as Falcon, Shrike, etc.) then go with Mizuki. On the Wendel-Warlock debate, I guess the same thing holds true. If you want a pure mage then go with Warlock, or if you want a mage that is probably stronger, and a little less magic, then go with Wendel.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: