Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Character(s) In Suikoden IV & Why [MAJOR SPOILE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasim Hazil

The Blue Moon Brotherhood

11390 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were a lot of characters in IV that had the potential to become really interesting, but the story never really fleshed them out enough. Too many characters were left as mysteries.

Aldo, Trishtan, Travis, Jeremy, Maxine, all of them seemed very interesting, but nothing really happened to capitalize on it. It just seems like a waste to me.

Still I like some of the other small characters for what little back story they have. Especially Eugene! Poor kid! A mom constantly trying to throw him into battle, a Firefly rune to make him the easy target, you had to laugh at his situation, but then feel bad for him about it later. And I actually really liked Ramada's character a lot, I wish he were playable in battle somehow, but still he was very interesting, as presented himself as nothing but a mercenary but had a real sense of morality and did just as much to help the army as anyone, even taking TWO shots from Graham Crays mechanical arm.
Riot

Repeated Fire!

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my fav character is probaly Rita that game is very addictive Noah's card game is good too

Ted is my fave male character too so strange how he arrives tho

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Troy emerged as the favorite because when claims were made that he was great, they weren't lies. He's just a thousand kinds of awesome. Generally calm, but he could be very passionate, but even at his angriest, he was still dignified and powerful. He just had the "it" factor with his very prescence.

Too bad it seemed like he was shafted. I don't think he was ever presented properly in the game. There just wasn't enough of such a great character. Maybe I'm biased, but I think he could have gotten more screen time.

I also like Snowe because of his complexity. I don't think he was without courage, but I do think he got too panicky and screwed up as a result. To make matters worse, it seemed like everytime he tried to correct the mistake, more mistakes happened. He's just very human and someone who messed up and couldn't quite recover from it until the end.
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jurhael wrote:
Troy emerged as the favorite because when claims were made that he was great, they weren't lies. He's just a thousand kinds of awesome. Generally calm, but he could be very passionate, but even at his angriest, he was still dignified and powerful. He just had the "it" factor with his very prescence.

Too bad it seemed like he was shafted. I don't think he was ever presented properly in the game. There just wasn't enough of such a great character. Maybe I'm biased, but I think he could have gotten more screen time.

Yeah, really. They build him up so much at the beginning of the game and then when it comes down to it he's just a more developed Teo or Culgan and Seed really. You know he doesn't "get" what Kooluk is doing but he is loyal to his country and confronts you even as El Eal is collapsing. He could just let you go cuz you've done your job but he has a useless duel vs you.

He really should have had more of a plot emphasis but I'm just gonna view him in the realm of Teo, Culgan, Seed, and Ain Gide.

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the characters, I like Kika the most 'cause she's pretty wicked with the dual swords. Using the Falcon Rune with her is most awesome.

During fights, however, my favorite combo is Dario/Gau. You can't imagine how many times they saved my butt whenever I got into trouble.

Last edited by Guest on Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't like this game , he wasn't good enough for a Suikoden...
But a few characters are cool :

Elenor : my favourite strategist. She got syle , and voice is amazing ! Plus her character is really cool. She is the opposite of Shu : he was very good-looking , she is ugly . He was kind , she is vicious etc ... She rocks ! :D

Ted : Just for his fight skill. His rune is amazing.

Kika : Sexy as hell ! She is strong (Falcon Rune !! ) stylish , and the dual sword is my favourite weapon !

Snowe : I love his pirate outfit and his unite attack with the hero .He is powerful too , so even if I hate his behaviour , I use him everytime . Paradox ...

Keen : haha , the confessions is great ! haha i never forgive anyone :twisted:

Rita : RITAPON !!! Best mini-game ever made in any Suikoden

First time i've played , i didn't get the 108 SoD , so i played another time but just to see the good ending , so there is a lot of character i don't know , i recruited them but never used them or knew their story , just like Trishtan Frederica Jeremy etc ...
Rikimaru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lino En Kuldes-Awesome Voice for him, I liked how he ruled his kingdom, Great Fighter, Connected to the Rune (his wife), Connected to Lazlo (His son). Lino is just a great dynamic character .
Its A Catapult

Arcarsenal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Olorin wrote:

First time i've played , i didn't get the 108 SoD , so i played another time but just to see the good ending , so there is a lot of character i don't know , i recruited them but never used them or knew their story , just like Trishtan Frederica Jeremy etc ...

Just like everyone else who played the game. There's no story for like 90 of the characters.
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh... I don't remember me posting in this thread... My favorite character from SIV is definately Troy! He's so cool character, and is Silent type of guy... it's to damn bad that he died at the end.....
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Quote:

Olorin wrote:

Just like everyone else who played the game. There's no story for like 90 of the characters.

OK, but , as i didn't remenber anything about these characters , i thought that it was because I rushed the game to recruit everyone as fast as possible.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Olorin wrote:

Elenor : my favourite strategist. She got syle , and voice is amazing ! Plus her character is really cool. She is the opposite of Shu : he was very good-looking , she is ugly . He was kind , she is vicious etc ... She rocks ! :D

Hello, i've come to contradict you! :twisted: The line i'm intruiged in is when you say: "he was kind, she is vicious"... I found Shu to be quite cold, not kind. An example was when (Potential Spoiler for those who haven't played/ finished Suikoden II) Shu had Viktor bring Pilika along to Muse to rescue Hero2 and company when Jowy and Leon betrayed the truce thingy. He didn't care if Hero2 or Nanami hated him for it. (End Spoiler) Or when (Spoiler again) Shu had Apple and company search for the coin at Radat in the frigid river. He wasn't kind then!(End Spoiler)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal favorite is Troy. He is a great captin who puts his crew before himself.

As a side note, I read the whole Rita-pon thing and it was pretty funny seeing as how the world was blinked out of exsitence because he lost a game.

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Olorin

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher => Yeah , i used to think about these 2 events when i wrote my post but i don't know why but i always think about Shu as a nice man. He worry about your health every time , try to save everyone but ready to sacrifice himself in order to win a battle .
[spoiler]
When Nanami died , she call for Shu and explain him why she did that .I don't think she will do that is Elenor was the main strategist
[/spoiler]
Shu also trust Chaco or other character whereas nobody trust a poor winger thief. I think it is the same for Fitcher. He has a great role in several events ( Greenhill for example) . Shu uses him whereas I would personnaly never ask anything to someone like him...

I think Elenor , drinking wine in her room is more cold and distant than Shu
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lino En Kuldes - I think he's a great leader. He just seems like the type of guy you would want to hang out with and go to if you have a problem. He's basically laid back.

Hero & Snowe for thier Unite attack at the end of the game (if leveld up properly and with the right set-ups )

Ted for his amazing Soul Eater Rune.

Selma - I actually liked her Voice. I also liked the voices for Chiepoo and Champo.

Kika - Her "serious" attitude is charming.

Maxine & Jeane are also good magicians.

Setsu - Just for that damn taunt at the Obel Hills :) :P :lol: !

Keneth - He's like the Gremio/Nanami of Suikoden 4 IMO (if you take him with you especially) Assuming he's a tad older then HeroIV, he's like a big brother to him.
Prophecy

Local Ruffians!!!!

60970 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked SUikoden 4, and as for reading this topic im forced to blow the dust off and play it again lol. No sarcasm i just haven't played it win awhilem, im playing 1 and 2 for nostalgia.

Kika - Its been said, beautiful, fierce, and mean with those 2 swords.

I cant think of anyone else that i was intersted in yet, i will edit this after i play the game again to see if i missed anything which is very posssible since i was rushing through it almost.[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: