Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Character(s) In Suikoden IV & Why [MAJOR SPOILE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reideen wrote:
My Hate-Characters are Jango and Brec .... I dunno why but they just came into your room , smelling like rotten fish (my imagination) , and claim to join your team. Aech...I never EVER take them into my party thats for sure.

Well, they are bums...big bums...but they are good for only one thing. They are good Captains. I always use them to be Captains. And i never lost a Naval Battle. Well, except for one, when i was doing New Game +, and tried to board the ship on the very first mission. Looks like i got Snowe in trouble. :twisted:

Well, here is my list:

Ted - Soul Eater Rune. Very well rounded. But his anti-social behaviour yanked my chain a bit.

Tal - Great fighter, even at Fort El-Eal. I like his personality as well.

Izak - Great Fighter. Comes with Lightning Rune.

Selma - Great Two Handed Sword fighter. She did what she thought was right, and i respect that about her.

Kika - Cool headed, hot, and comes with the devastating Falcon Rune.

Kenneth - Comes with Lightning Rune.

Snowe - the 2nd version, when he joins the Army. Very Strong, more humble, and True friends attack.

Helga - So Strong...

Gretchen - Something about her catches my attention. Not a bad fighter.

Konrad - Great magician.

Katarina - Comes iwth Lightning Rune. Also has Water Rune, which makes her very versatile.

Rakghi - Cute kid. Even though he's useless.

Jeremy - In battle, he's a second Tal. But faster. Cool.

Jeanne - Super strong mage, comes with Lightning Rune.

Sigurd and Hervey - Good fighters. Loyal. But Hervey can get too arrogant.

Dario - Berserker Unite. ^_^

Warlock - Probably the first humble super-magician. Not like Crowley, Mazus or Sarah, he's got a conscious.

Mitsuba - Powerhouse. Just so strong...

Viki - Very cute. Really nice costume.

Maxine - Cyclone Rune is cool.

Desmond - Reminds me of a good friends of mine. Was good with the Rune Cannons at the beginning.

That's all to note.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite characters in Suikoden IV were Snowe for his True Friends Atack and his constant 1200+ attacks, Mitsuba who I found to be uesful as well as...cute, and Tal because of the his love of fishing.
Flik

The Blue Lightning

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite character from Suikoden IV is Troy. He's really cool, calm and mysterious. What Glenn said in the beginning of the game tell us that he's a great and strong leader. To bad if he did died that time.................
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite character of all. Well, theres alot i like about -certain- characters of Suikoden 4. I'd have to say probably Elenor. I've never seen a game have a good female role that was wise, drank, had an awesome voice. And really owned. She made the game *alot* more exciting. I mean, come on, first time you go see her she drugs everyone. How cool is that? And how bout the strategies with the ships? It sounded cool! Though the connection to Graham Cray wasn't really explained (or i cant remember..eh heh...)

I also admired Brandeau, Sigurd, Hervey, Etienne, Helmut and a bunch of other. But Elenor really stood out.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say...... Aldo and kika..... don't ask why but I loved aldo's personality and I just thought kika was prolly the hottist female in the suiko world.. I mean she's tuff, smart, good looking, loyal to her crew, sexy, and did i say she was hot????
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Mine is Sigurd and Hervey. They sorta reminded me of the Camus and Miklotov, Borus and Percival thingie. Surprisingly, even though Sigurd is supposed to be more serious about work"

Same here, I've always been a fan of those stars, and Sigurd is my most favorite.

I liked Helmut too, he was an honorable soldier.

Snowe, I liked because I could relate to him to some degree.

Ted, it just was plain kool to see him as SOD and learned more about his story.

Troy, had potiential until Suikoden decided to a Darth Maul/Jango Fett/General Grievious on us..

Fog Ship Guide, I found him very interesting.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you! it was about time someone else i see posted some interest in Mr. Captain, first name Fog. I might have forgotten to put him in my list, but he was very interesting. Hope to see more about him/his people in Rhapsodia or in V.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
forever-zero

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to me is mitsuba id like her...and helmut
Pierrot Le Fou

Rain Dogs

37957 Potch
0 Soldiers
196054 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graham Cray!!

If it weren't for him I dont think I coulda played that game all the way through. He reminded me kinda of a blended version of Luca and Neclord.
(at least certain elements) He was a good villian, and actually had some style to him unlike the other villians in Suikoden 4. His voice actor did the best job out of all the others I thought...(exept maybe Chiepoo haha) He was ruthless and only thought about himself which are always good qualities in the vile.

The only Star Of Destiny I liked was Elenor Silverberg.

Sure she was a bit of a angry ol' bat but I actually believed she was a Silverberg, moreso than Caesar. It was nice to see a woman strategist, much less an older one. Mathiu, Caeser, and Shu were all younger guys who were sure of themselves (Mathiu least of all) so she gets points for variety.

And I never got to see Ted but I assume from what I've read about him that they could have done a lot better.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pierrot le Feau wrote:
And I never got to see Ted but I assume from what I've read about him that they could have done a lot better.

I believe that they did better with Ted than with other characters in IV. There were some interesting chemistry with other characters, especially with Aldo.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gretchen, Jeane, Lazlo and Kika were my favourite characters based on IV alone, but if you start including Tactics then I've started to like characters such as Jeremy and Millay.
SnowKing

INF Medic Magicians

306 Potch
0 Soldiers
2350 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are my favourite characters from Suikoden IV and why.

Elenor I know some people can't stand her but I just love her character, the attitude, the asppearance and the voice I thought worked really well, that and she IS a Silverberg.

Ted Powerful in the party, excellent stats. Nearly always use him, plus our future knowledge of him and the Soul Eater make him cool too.

Tal I just liked Tal based on his appearance, and his strong attacks and awesome flipping animation. I don't always take him but character wise I just love him.

Selma A kickass elf with a massive sword. She's one of the few not arogant elves and she has a nice voice.

Kika Powerful, hot, excellent rune and a great voice. I think her character just rocks, she can be pretty powerful too.

Jeane Sexy, very powerful, mysterious and interesting, seductive laugh is awesome. I quite liked her voice aswell.

Queen of Obel Gave her life for her family, kept the rune of punishment for many years. Brave and she supposedly saved Lazlo's life with that green shield, go her!

I do like most of the characters but these would probably have to be my favourites out of them all.

SK

"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Sigurd and Hervey right off. They're pirates, and how protective they are of Kika shows a reat deal of respect and loyalty. I liked Helmut quite a bit once I met him, and he asked for me to spare his men's lives. He seemed much more aware of what was actually going on, which I appreciated muchly.

My favorite lesser character was easily Selma. I'm a major elf fan anyway, and she was just too badass to overlook. While I do like elves with bows, I don't like -every- elf with a bow. It really depends on the character. She, like Helmut, had a better awareness of what was really going on, and I respect her for that.

I didn't really care for Setsu, but he deserves a mention just for that taunt he did to the Kooluk flleet. Soooo funny! :D

-My DeviantArt-
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i do not have a single favourite character but the ones have most of my personal preference in random order are:

Gau - This guy is just funny. I never could really take him serious dressed up like he is going to celebrate carnaval or something. I thougth his unite attack and bath scene with Dario were funny too. He has some of the best ialogs in the game as well.

Kika - Well what is not to like about her? She looks cool, has a great voice and is a great character in battles. And she has red hair...! No i am not a redophile by the way.

Glen - I liked him from the moment i saw him, and heard. I think his voice really suited him. I still have my doubts about his haircut but for the rest he is your typical bad good ass if you know what i mean. Too bad he died so early in the game. Too bad he died in the first place.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...Suikoden IV's cast was a bit...underdeveloped...so that makes it kind of hard to pick about half of them...because they're hardly in the game...regardless, I suppose I've got a list. These are all aesthetic judgements, because I don't really care how powerful characters are, so long as they look cool, or have cool voice actors (in the case of a single pick on this list...)

Kika - Pirates are cool, especially dual-wielding female pirates with cool-looking warships and red hair. I'll straight up admit to being a sucker for red hair. She's also got a bigger role in the storyline...she gets more development time than a lot of the other characters. >.>

Sigurd and Hervey - Kika's bodyguards/friends/fellow pirates. Cool pair of guys. I'm not sure what else to say about them. >.>

Paula - Elves are cool. I liked her and Tal (mostly because of his cool backflip animation) out of the initial four knights. Along with Paula also comes Selma, also a cool elf.

Graham Cray - Ouch. This is tough for me to admit, but it must be his voice actor. He looks like a bad guy. He talks like a bad guy. He acts like a bad guy. But somehow, nothing about him quite seems to click with him being the bad guy.

Lino en Kuldes - I had to give this guy a little respect here. I thought he was pretty cool...and he has the advantage of being ridiculously important to the storyline, so he gets a lot of screen time.

Mizuki - I've always had a soft spot for the Suikoden ninjas. I liked Mizuki quite a bit better than the others, but I also liked Kate. I was not terribly impressed with Akaghi.

...Hmm...there are probably others...I liked Ted in this game, but he hardly ranks as one of my favourites - unless of course, we're basing this on character power. In that case, Ted, with a Mother Earth Rune and his own Soul Eater is one of the game's most brutal warriors. He even does pretty good physical damage. Stupid Rune of Life and Death...being so cool...;.;

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: