Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Smallville

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Smallville Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(All spoilers are to be posted in black text please)

I've recently started watching a show on television called Smallville. It is about Clark Kent aka Superman as he was before he became superman. He lives in a town called Smallville. Clark has several friends on the show too. There's Chloe, a young journalist, Lana, who runs a cafe, Pete, who is Clark's best friend and knows about his super powers, and Lex Luther, the son of a rich businessman who lives in metropolis (Lionel Luther).

The show is very entertaining because although he has super powers, he certainly hasn't mastered them and because he can't let anyone know about his powers. He doesn't have a super suit to hide his identity either. The show also presents him with problems that his powers will not solve. The romance in the show is very entertaining and each character has great development and growth. The stories are original and they don't stress the same plot points over and over again like some shows do, save for the slow-paced romances.

My favorite character on the entire program is Lex Luther. He is played by an outstanding actor. He has a wonderful judge of character and always seems to be the smartest one around. His struggles with his father are entertaining to watch and his mental state is an interesting plot point. My other favorite character is Chloe because she is pretty good at understanding things and is always eager to learn more. She is a very valuable friend for Clark for all of the things she is able to help him with. Lastly, I like both Mr. and Mrs. Kent. They are also played very well by their actors. They are very supportive of Clark and are more eager to help him with his problems or fixing his mistakes than punishing him or shying away.

Thoughts anyone?
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watch this show too, I like it alot. I like Chloe the most and Clark is cool too.

In this show you can see the emotional problems Superman had when he was a teenager. Watching this show changed the way I looked at Superman. You know more about everything elso too, how Clark learned to use his powers, how he and Lex become enemies (but I still didn't saw this) and how Clark meet Louis Lane.
The effects are amezing too, when Clark use his powers you know, like when he runs at super speed, when he burn things with his eyes and when he throw someone or something away.
Another thing I like in the show is that Lex Luthor father Leonel Luthor. He is an awesome character and watching him and the way hi is with Lex you can see why Lex Luthor become what he becomes.

It's a wonderful show and everyone should give it a try and watch this show sometime.

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh totally! I agree with you there. I had always found Superman to be boring. Now, I like him. He didn't have to much character development in other series', but in this one, you really get a chance to see his true character. I also love the visual effects. I like when he throws things or something shatters on him.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am a big fan of this show, and not just because Tom Welling is gorgeous. :) It is hit and miss though. When it hits it is AWESOME, but when it misses it is pretty laughable. The Christmas Special was pretty bad, but the Flash guest spot was amazing.

I'm not a big fan of Lana, but Chloe is very cool, mom and dad are great and Lex and Lionel are perfect. I have always like John Glover's work. Also, has anyone else caught the Dukes of Hazzard jokes they've slipped in here and there? I also like how Jor-El is played by Terrance Stamp, who played General Zod in Superman II.

I hear rumors about a Bruce Wayne cameo. Can't wait!

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:mrgreen: When you said Bruce Wayne I imagined Bruce Willis. I was happy already. I don't know who Bruce Wayne is. :? But I know I heard this name before, or at least the lat name. Wayne... where I hear this?

I liked the Flash episode too, it was awesome. He is so fast and stuff. ***SPOILER*** I liked the one Aquaman was a guest too.

I also liked the episode Lana, Chloe and Louis are possessed by witches, then they are all mean, and are dressed like witches of the present day, they are so sexy with that clothes and that attitude. (I just needed to say that :). I have something with witches and mean girls. :) )
***END OF SPOILER ***

Chloe is so smart (I have something with smart girls too. I don't know, I just like them :mrgreen: ), Lana is kinda boring... Louis Lane is the best! She is so beatiful, intelligent, brave and so many other things.

Mom and Dad Kent are cool too, but I think they could have tried to understand Clark more, the boy need to have fun sometime.

That friend Clark have (can't remember his name) is kinda boring too, he just does nothing at all, but he has always something to talk.

I think I saw an episode about Dukes of Hazzard. I don't know, I'm brazilian so when the american shows do something like that, make people form other shows appear in a show, or talk about other shows, is kinda hard for me, since sometimes they talk about a show I don't know about or people I never heard of. ***SPOILER*** But anyway, the episode I saw a guy appeared in Kent's Farm with a car much like the one used in Dukes of Hazzard. He was kinda old, and he was a politician. In this episode Clark Chloe and Louis are investigating about a dude who is killing the girls he take from a strip club. ***END OF SPOILER***

I missed when Jor-El appeared :cry: . And I don't know if he is going to appear again. Anyway, I can always buy the DVD of the season. :mrgreen:

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New season about to start in half an hour of me typing this in the UK. I quite enjoyed the first two seasons although the story is starting to get rather epic and strange - maybe too much for my liking.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the third season. Lots of Lex in that season. If his complex character is something that interests you, I'm sure you'll love it.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I was misled, I'd already seen seasons 1 to 5 (I just didn't know it) and for some reason the channel paraded the first episode of the third season as a new one, no idea why.
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah. Well, I've seen the first five seasons as well and I'm still faithful to the show. I'm glad that someone else is too.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love this show. I try my best to see every episode, and have probably only missed a few. I really like Lex. Michael Rosenbaum is a hilarious guy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: