Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is your favorite villain??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was under the impression that it was Neclord in the Lorimar region but when Viktor was about to land the finishing blow he used his dopelganger technique to get away safely.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the same, He replaced himself with a copy and simply phased...Quite brilliant if you ask me.

But not to get off topic another of my favorite villains is Yuber.

I like Yuber for the simple fact that he loves chaos and doesn't seem to care about destroying thousands of people. Almost heartless to the core. So much so others could even sense it from him.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited by Neclord on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Blademaste

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree yuber is verry cool

But i think no one can outmatch luca blight! :mrgreen:

Luca is the most hated character ive ever know and its all beacuase of the ... actlike pig scene :lol: :lol: :lol:

and a nice runner up is Leon silverberg
He is really a genius i doubt anyone van be better then him when it comes to strategies :o :o
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good question! I like a whole lot of the villains in the game, Luca Blight, Yuber, (particularly in III) etc. I think that there is one villain that sands out above the rest in terms of villainy, plot an other features. That, to me, is Neclord, so I'm unoriginal. Sue me. Over the years there have been thousands of attempts to recreate vampires over the years, each with its own pizzazz. Suikoden made one of the best attempts of its time. An original villain created with an old idea. Paradox.

First Corps of Royal Emissaries

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My personal favorite is Luca Blight. Neclord was a pansy to beat.

-Will Rogers

Take the diplomacy out of war and the thing would fall flat in a week.

-Ibid.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favorite villain would have to be Yuber (as you might see)

Hes one of the toughest characters at the end to beat.

His swords that just come out of his hands is so mysterious.

And his clothes in Suikoden 3 just makes him more mysterious.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Emissary Peregrine wrote:
My personal favorite is Luca Blight. Neclord was a pansy to beat.
Gameplay wise yes you would be right.

Character wise that is arguable

Luca was a good villain because he was pretty much insane. He also had a motive for doing what he did.

I still think Neclord is the better villain however because of the fact that he was around so much longer than Luca Blight was. He had alot more time to do evil deeds, such as destroying the Village of the Hidden Rune with Windy and Yuber. Stealing of the Moon Rune from Sierra thus killing her/their clan, Killing thousands and turning them into zombies for use as a play thing, Destroying Northwind because he got bored, Marrying 70+ girls to drink their blood.(forcing them mind you) Not to mention his rune (or sierras rune that he stole) made him invincible to sword or magic unless you retrieved the Star Dragon Sword.

Lastly he can turn into a bat, Let's see Luca Blight do that!
:P

Don't get me wrong I love Luca Blight "DIE PIG!!!" I just think Neclord is way better character wise as a villain.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No one impressed me as much as Luca. All the other villains made me yawn, but Luca was memorable for me, for several reasons.

1. A name identifies your character on the spot. 'Blight' means to destroy or ruin, so it was a wildly appropriate last name, though it didn't seem right for Jillia or Jowy.

2. His inhuman strength. My God, Luca and the Beast Rune definitely made S2 a strategy game outside the strategic battlefield. He gets two attacks, and both were vicious, all while being impaled with arrows several times, fighting Flik's, Victor's and Riou's parties, getting his face mopped onto the floor by Riou... and he still stands up and admits his mighty evillness before dying!

3. His personality. Totally nuts. I mean, Yuber may like death and destruction as much as Luca, but he's not as funny! Even in pictures, Yuber looks like he's saying, "I'll kill you". Yay. How many of these guys have I seen before? Luca, on the other hand, looks like he's about to say, "I'm gonna EAT you!", and only Kefka can match his insanity.

4. The firefly scene. While the pig scene was great, the firefly scene was even better. It showed a different, more dramatic side to Luca that's almost impossible to discover... and it was a clever strategic maneuver too, making it all the more incredible.

5. His ruthlessness, and all the other fun qualities of a villain. Hell, he would've killed Pilika were it not for Riou and Jowy. And wolf symbolism, cuz I like wolves. :D

So there you have it. My main reasons for liking Luca Blight as a villain. And I can't stand redemption fics for him. No, siree.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is my top 5 list of favorite villians:

1. Luca Blight (of course, he is pure evil. Sure he had his motives for doing what he did, but it gave him no right to kill innocent people. I was glad I got to kill him, unfortunatly it took forever to do so...)
2. Yuber (He was somewhat less evil then Luca Blight, but of course he wouldn't be up here if he didn't have any evil in him. He was just so mysterious and hard to beat, I hope we will learn more about him in future installments. I just wanna know why Pesmerga was after him)
3. Neclord (He was not exactly pure evil, but he was a villian, and a damn good one if that. He turned an entire city into zombies just trying to get some blood. He had to be smart or he wouldn't have been able to use the Doppleganger Secret. I guess the thing I like best about him is his battle music-I hope they use it in future games, or just bring him back...)
4. Wendy (Of course, she was the real villian in Suikoden I. She was evil, loosly translated to a witch. She manipulated most everyone in the empire, except Barborossa, Ted, and Sonya. I wish you could've fought her as a final boss, but I guess they had their reasons. She could come back in the future-after all she wasn't officially dead at the end of Suikoden I, it was just assumed that she was)
5. Luc (Who would have thought? Luc an enemy! Well of course, he wasn't evil all that much, but he did have some pretty twisted views. He was willing to kill himself just so that millions of others could die also. I guess the True Wind Rune must've tooken a tole on his soul...)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My top 3 villians:

1. Luca Blight: Insane psycho who cares about absolutely no one. He lives to kill and loves death. Simply amazing.

2. Neclord: Crazy deranged vampire who loves feasting on young girls. He also has to be one of the coolest looking vampires ever.

3. Yuber: Mysterious guy who just comes and goes as he pleases. He's got the coolest looking armor.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really have any favorite villains. I do like Luca the best, but I'd rather talk about a villain I love to hate: Neclord. I was seriously mad when he came back in Suikoden II.. so mad that I threw the controller.

Neclord is by far the worst character ever in suikoden. He doesn't even look like a vampire. What is wrong with his face? Know what a vampire looks like? Kate Beckinsale or Stephen Dorff. Yeah that's a joke.

But seriously, the guy comes to the Warriors Village, steals Tengaar, and invites you to come up to the top of his castle. (yeah, I know it's his doppleganger... but that would make them the same, thus a negative opinion can be formed upon what his clone does) Then he sets the dumbest puzzles to try to keep you from getting there.. uhm.. What exactly is your point? Do you want me to come or not?

He has an obsession with playing that pipe organ. It was some really bad music too, the worst in all of the games.

He steals a true rune because he doesn't have the skill to fight and kill someone that already has one. Just keep leaching off of the other people who have lives Neclord.

And then, there's his name. Neclord. Someone want to explain to me what that is? Is it supposed to be Necrolord? or Necklord?

Another reason to hate Neclord, is that he makes it necessary for the incarnation of the night rune, the star dragon sword, to appear. This is the dumbest named weapon of all time and to help it along, it has a personality that is just annoying.

One of the main reasons that I love Sierra is because she helps kill that ugly little pest.

Nuff said...

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Then he sets the dumbest puzzles to try to keep you from getting there

You're kidding right? That painting puzzle was the hardest thing I'e ever had to do in a video game. The zombie, he was NO help at all!

And as far as the star dragon sword's name, it's a translation error. He was the Zodiac sword I believe.

My favorite villain, Yuber...simple and clean cut. Yuber is superior to any villain in SUikoden for one reason, he could flat out murder any of them. Not one of them could match Yuber in physical combat, and I'd be shocked if I saw any of them outsmart him badly enough to score a victory. Luca could not top Yuber in a fight, do not even say that he could because you won't be able to sleep tonight.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kuroi Neko-kun

Maximilian Knights Back Up Unit

Location: The Maximilian Knights Headquarters... I just have to find it!
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite villain is Luca Blight. All because he actually is a crazed, psycho, lunatic, mad-for-murder villain and he actually had an interesting back story that only give reason but JUSTIFIES his actions. When I first played the game, I was like 'Whoa, this guy's one crazy ******.' Then I found his story and almost cried. (That and I had this crush on Luca that caused me half an hour of game time because I didn't have the heart to kill him.)
Yuber comes in second because he's cool but I'm just frustrated that I don't know his back story. He should have been one of the generals in Luca's ranks FROM THE BEGINNING just to make the story more interesting. I mean, imagine these two happily massacreing people side by side.

I don't know about Luca not being able to beat Yuber. It took eighteen people and a few rains of arrows to SUBDUE Luca. Plus a duel with the leader before he finally croaked. (And he died laughing. Evil to the end.) While Yuber got beaten by a boy, a duck, a griffon, a spoiled brat and her subordinates. (Yes, gameplay, I know but still it's a point.) He ran away when he got beaten by Ged and co at the Ceremonial Site. And for that, he lost half of his coolness points.
Luca didn't even have a true rune, or a rune for that matter. Top that.
I'd watch the Luca vs Yuber duel if they had any.
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say that while Luca Blight is an obvious answer, I'm going to have to go with Windy on this argument. Oh sure, Luca was a raving lunatic which is a rare treat in RPGs these days, but he was a mere babe compared to the insideousness of Windy. Windy never had to fight, because she could bend people to her will with her Conquerer rune. Hell, she even used Ted to try and take the Souleater from Tir. Another thing was Windy had plotted for over 300 years on how best to get her revenge, and there's nothing like letting a good plan stew over for a long time in the back of your mind, always refining and improving the weaker points.

But don't get me wrong, I still like Luca, it's just that I think Windy made a better villian than him, that's all. it's like the saying goes, "Old age and expreience will always overcome youth and enthusiasm." :mrgreen:

That's my two potch on the issue.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.

Last edited by Raze on Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight

Who else can be crazed and imbued with a sprirt so strong that it took 3 parties of six members each, and 1 team of archers to take him down?

His death was perhaps the most memorable because of the acts he committed in war before he died, and because of what he said the few moments before he breathed his last.

While I do not feel that his background justifies his actions, I do feel they provide us with a clearer view of his motives and why he did what he did.

Well, you could say that there was no one like him in the entire of the Suikoden Series so far. Perhaps that is why so many people find him memorable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: