Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Simple Questions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Simple Questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've noticed a lot of closed threads in the suikoden discussion forums and I figured it would be a good idea to cut down on this with a very simple and effective strategy I've learned from inhabiting forums. This is, the simple questions thread. Instead of having a ton of threads asking easily answered questions with no discussion to them, anyone with a question like"What was that stupid Kobolds name in Suiko 1?" doesn't need to make a thread which will be closed as soon as someone answers "Kuromimi or Gon?" instead, they can post the question here, someone can answer it, and then we can move on. In addition to this, in an attempt to cut down on duplicate questions, I will update this first post with all the questions and answers from the thread.

I'll start this off with probably the only two things I can't remember from Suikoden 2.

Question: Where is it that you can allow Ridley to die, and where/how do you meet Georg?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I understand your question correctly, if you run away with Nanami while in Tinto instead of choosing to stay and fight (when she talks to you in the middle of the night), Ridley will die in the ensuing storyline.

Georg turns up during that same event sequence, apparently saving you, but you recruit him in Lampdragon Pass after you defeat Neclord. When/how you meet him depends on which story path you take I guess. I haven't actually gone that route before so I am basing this off of what I have read.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Georg turns up during that same event sequence, apparently saving you, but you recruit him in Lampdragon Pass after you defeat Neclord. When/how you meet him depends on which story path you take I guess. I haven't actually gone that route before so I am basing this off of what I have read.

if you decide to run away with nanami, when you get to lampdragon pass you'll meet up with georg and he'll offer his service to you.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
PesmergaS

Fallen Angel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, and if you didn1t try to run away, you would just need to take a sidepath on the Lampdragon pass and find him, and after you`ve defeated NEclord he will offer his services to you.

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was wondering, could anyone tell me the name of the that BMG in Razril (Town)?

Thanks in advance.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
I was wondering, could anyone tell me the name of the that BMG in Razril (Town)?

Thanks in advance.

I think the soundtrack calls it "landing" or somthing
good topic. it should be a sticky!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might as well use this too. I've got a couple of questions.

I've been playing Suikoden III recently and I just got to the point where the new Flame Champion is selected. Watching the scenes with the old Flame Champion and Sana got me thinking a bit.

If the old Flame Champion was from the Grassland, what clan was he from? Has it been said? I mean, he's obviously not from the Duck, Alma Kinan, or Lizard Clans. He doesn't look Karayan. Was he Chisha?

Also, Geddoe said that he was part of the founding of Budehuc Castle, on the Grassland side. Does this made him a Grasslander? He looks like he could be from Le Buque, though he doesn't have those really wide legs.

This last question doesn't have much to do with anything, but I thought I might ask. Does the Suikoden world have an established equator?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Flame Champion was not from Chisha, but I cannot recall where he is from at the moment.

Geddoe was the representative for the Grassland side of things, but he was a third party representative. It's like having a lawyer.

Not that I have heard of, regarding the equator.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
If the old Flame Champion was from the Grassland, what clan was he from? Has it been said? I mean, he's obviously not from the Duck, Alma Kinan, or Lizard Clans. He doesn't look Karayan. Was he Chisha?

It's never stated.

Tonberry wrote:
This last question doesn't have much to do with anything, but I thought I might ask. Does the Suikoden world have an established equator?

It's never stated, so it does not exist, yet.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget that there are other towns and villages in Grassland that we cannot explore in Suikoden III - it's possible he's not from one of the major clans and is just a hardcore villager.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to open a can of worms, but the Safir Clan was never really seen. Perhaps Geddoe or the Flame Champ could have been from there? Perhaps both of them could have been?
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course, there is always the possibility. But if you go with that logic, we can say the same thing to about any other person in the Suikoden world.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei is correct. Let's not discuss the Flame Champion's place of birth further (as there is already a thread dedicated to it somewhere).

The official answer is (like so many others): Unknown.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a question that I been asking since V came out but have yet to get a good answer: Why was Georg in the first Suikoden but didn't really show up?

I found that to be very interesting and puzzling, as much as I respect the writers in the series for doing a great job bring old characters and small details from way back in the past, I highly doubt they created georg that long ago just to set him up for the later games, yet I want to believe there is a good reason for him being created a decade before his real story is told.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To answer the question, Georg was something of a freelance swordsman even before the events of Suikoden V, it would seem. He was recruited by Barbarossa during the Succession War to be one of the six generals, however, he left the army for the Grasslands sometime before the events of Suikoden I. That is why he is on the cover of Suikoden I, but not in the game.

Of course, Georg would have had to be a pretty reknowned warrior to be given the status of general by Barbarossa, but unfortunately we don't know anything about Georg before that.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: