Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Christmas plans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Christmas plans Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, what're you all doing for Christmas? I'm pretty sure that I'm going to a meal at my grandma's. There's been confusion as to our plans though, so we might not, but yeah...
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I should be on a bus to Toronto right now, but I missed it because of my ungrateful, lazy roommates. I'll be going back home later tonight (it takes about 3 hours to get home).

I'll most definitely be working over the break, since I always need money. For the first time in far too long (about 11 years) we'll be doing the celebrations of Christmas at my house, and not my Aunt's tiny apartment where I barely have any room to move. This is all thanks to a co-operative bitching effort by me and my sister, but I don't care. My cousin is severely disabled, so I understand why it's easier to hold it there, but god I hate it. There's no privacy, and I always end up leaving just after dinner just to get the hell out of there. Now that it's at my house, if I want to be alone I can go lock my room to play videogames, or I can slip out for a few minutes to visit my friends. When dinner's over I can also bail right after if I please, so I gotta love that.

Then, I'll probably be alternatively working and seeing my friends. I have no New Years plans yet, but I think that Niagara Falls will be the destination of choice this year, and I have no problem with that, we went four years ago and had a blast. The day after (the 2nd, my birthday), I'm throwing a mansion party in the house of a family friend who is going to Paris on New Years Day, so I can't wait for that. After that, I'll probably work until the 4th or 5th before coming back down here to continue my learning. Classes start back up on the 8th.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm on winter break now and ordinarily I would be heading to my parents' place to relax for the next month. However, I have a research project to work on so I won't be traveling until this next weekend-ish.

But I will go to my parents' place and enjoy free food and presents before heading back here to school after the new year. Nothing special beyond that.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My plans involve sitting alone at home and having a brew or 20. I gotta go back to work the day after Christmas, so I don't much feel like doing anything special.

~Uguu!~
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My only plan this Christmas is to relax, and forget everything about school. This is one of the few times where I can enjoy my freedom from school, and I sure will take advantage of it.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My mother is trying to get me to spent Christmas day with my Step-Dad's family as we do every Christmas. However, if I have my way I'll be spending Christmas day on my own, and not have to put up with anyone at all.

My ideal day would be me sleeping till midday, then waking up, making myself a cup of tea, and making myself a bacon sandwich. After that I go and have a shower, and so on, then I read until I'm tired.

What will really happen is I'll wake up, my mum will turn up with presents, I'll be grumpy, then I'll get dragged off to my Step-Dad's sisters, where anything i take with me will be destroyed by his relations. Fun 'ey?
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Usually Christmas is just spent around the house decorating and baking and the like. Right now we have a lot of that ahead of us. We don't have a tree setup at all and none of the outside decorations have been mounted yet. With the warm weather all of the snow has melted and we might not even put the decorations out this year. Usually they come down once it starts warming up and the snow really helps to make the lights and figures look their best.

Usually my uncle comes up from Georgia to spend a couple of days around here and then he leaves for Georgia again. He's very used to the warm weather down there and doesn't care for cold Wisconsin winters anymore. With the weather being so warm he might stay a little longer but I guess that depends on his work situation.
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to spend Christmas at home. My brother is in from college so my parents, him and I will all have a good 'ol family time. I'm looking forward to my presents, hopefully I'll get three games for christmas: Gears of War, Ultiment Alliance and Splinter Cell Double Agent. If I don't get Gears of War then I'll trade in for it becuase I've heard very good things about it.

Sometime the week after Christmas my family and I are going to go up to my grandparents house with most of my mom's side of the family and then we'll exchange gifts with each other and spend New Year's Eve/New Year's together. It's allways lots of fun, and I might bring my girlfriend but I need to talk to her about that.
Aggression Then Silence

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably go home to my parents' house.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had made plans to go visit Peru for all of my Christmas Vacation. At first I was very bummed out but then I was actually happy to do it. Of course my plans where stymied when my mother decide going to a third world country was hazardous. So I'm going to spend my Christmas with my family, probably going to visit some local relatives and spend the rest of vacation home. I'm really hoping for a Wii or a 360.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll spend Christmas by myself, unless somebody decides to take me in out of pity.
I will go to NY from Dec. 28th until Jan 1st though, with a friend of mine.

Well, likely I'll just be working on this site or something.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we'll have dinner after opening gifts and watch movies; since we're at two instead of three, it's not as much of a holiday.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My plans for Christmas include working until close on Christmas Eve (boo, retail! D:< ), then going home, eating lots of crab legs, opening the obligatory pajamas from my mother and gifts from the siblings and out-of-town family members, then going to sleep. Then, on Christmas we're opening stuff from the parentals, eating cinnamon rolls, opening stockings, and then generally bumming around the house in our new pajamas until I go and do Christmas-like things with the boyfriend and his parentals... then possibly drinking and forgetting about work.... which I won't have for a whole week after Christmas. :D

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tokuro

White Storms

22016 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll do the same as always. Helping my grandma to make the food for all the family (all the family...more than 30 people!!) and at night, just spend the time with them. Who knows maybe go out with my friends after midnight, but nothing else planed.
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pretty much have two choices. Go to Boston with family and spend 4 - 5 hours in a minivan full of small children each way. Or stay in NY with other family and somehow end up babysitting my step-sister's 8 year (or however old) -old daughter. So it's basically be bored at home or be bored in someone else's place. Yay, choices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: