Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what if Pesmerga was the main char for S5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
white paladin12

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: what if Pesmerga was the main char for S5 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

but just think about it ....having Pesmerga and the main char in S5 whould be cool i mean they would have a great storyline to it and like you would acually get to now why Pesmerga turned on yuber and stuff like that its would be a pefect game ! and like still have the shops and stuff the the rune Pesmerga has and how he got it also you woul get to go allrund the suikoden world findng yuber...and pursueing him. do anyone agree?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really agree.

Mainly because Pesmerga is a rather boring character, and for other reasons I detail in the following article.

http://suikox.com/ed/pesmerga40907.html
white paladin12

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
I don't really agree.

Mainly because Pesmerga is a rather boring character, and for other reasons I detail in the following article.

http://suikox.com/ed/pesmerga40907.html

well thats your thought on him but other PEOPLE might think he is relly COOL like me for one and I'D say it make a good story line

*spell out words; don't use abbreviations or intentional misspellings. this isn't an im to a friend, but a post seen by others. use grammar correctly in the future.*
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, to say that he would make an 'awesome' lead character for a future game is foolish-he has nothing of interest beyond this supposed 'awesomeness' to even suggest using him in sII *i did, for all of five or so minutes, realised that he's not half the tank that some other characters are, like miklotov or humphrey,* saying that this loser character deserves a spotlight in a future suikoden is ridiculous.

if you want to make a serious debate, have more support than just 'he is the awesumnes,' since that makes it seem more fannish desire than an actual desire for a worthwhile game/storyline.

Quote:

but just think about it ....having Pesmerga and the main char in S5 whould be cool i mean they would have a great storyline to it and like you would acually get to now why Pesmerga turned on yuber and stuff like that its would be a pefect game ! and like still have the shops and stuff the the rune Pesmerga has and how he got it also you woul get to go allrund the suikoden world findng yuber...and pursueing him. do anyone agree?

on another note, try to make your posts sound less like silly fanrants and more like actual posts; this it a huge run on sentence, with no supporting anything to lend strength to your argument. there are rules posted about this; i suggest you read them and think about that for future posting's sake.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I personally thought pesmerga was badass. But for a main charector? NAh His main point of intrest is his ongoing hunt for yuber. Now an apperance of pessy and yuber would kick ass and yes perhaps have pes as a SOD again. But since they represent dharma and choas thier final battle shouldent happened until Suikoden X. Since Yuber and PEsmerga MAy or may not both posses half of a true rune or a whole rune themselves it would be interesting to see that play out. He certainly has more personality than the majority of cast of suikoden 4. But one things for certain Assuming Pesmerga is in any future suikodens AS soon as i get him hes a permanet party member

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excerpt from the article concerning "common traits seen in Pesmerga fans"

Quote:

# They can not spell ("pezmeragera iz kool lol0rZ!!")
# They display no logical thought ("pesmeragra is the b3st!!")
# They use no punctuation ("i wuz playin sukoden 2 and wuz uzin pez he iz so kool i tink im hungry an stuff omgwtf lol wherez mommy"
# They do not capitalize ("i lurve pessy")
# They spam (making topics such as "i saw a skunk today...")
# They have no skills, and often beg others to make their avatars, etc. ("plz mek mee a picture thingie")
# They make unrelated topics in unrelated forums (Talking about DBZ in the error report forum).
# They do not wash.

:shock: :shock:
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

don't forget the 'cannot quantify why pesmerga deserves more in story time' other than 'he iz the kewlness-his armer rokxrz!!'

if you want to have a character in the spotlight, they have to deserve said spot for better reasons than stated above, which most 'pessy' fans just don't seem to understand.

Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me Pesmerga is not a so cool character he is just a thing that no speak much dont move much dont eat dont sleep and chases other thing named Yuber,what is cool about that?And that is cool?For me cool characters are the ones who have personality and speak at least more than 10 words.And how can you think in Pesmerga being a main character?What he would say?"Where is Yuber?"or "I...kill...Yuber..." Pesmerga is just a char that is a little cool for some people because of that black armor but nothing more.

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
what if Pesmerga was the main char for S5

Then I would never ever touch a Suikoden Game again :shock:

I mean just think about it having a guy like Pesmerga or Yuber as a main character...That would be so stupid and a far, far step backwards from Konami. I think that thought is so absurd that Konami acutally never really thought about that theory

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Excerpt from the article concerning "common traits seen in Pesmerga fans"

Quote:

# They can not spell ("pezmeragera iz kool lol0rZ!!")
# They display no logical thought ("pesmeragra is the b3st!!")
# They use no punctuation ("i wuz playin sukoden 2 and wuz uzin pez he iz so kool i tink im hungry an stuff omgwtf *laugh* wherez mommy"
# They do not capitalize ("i lurve pessy")
# They spam (making topics such as "i saw a skunk today...")
# They have no skills, and often beg others to make their avatars, etc. ("plz mek mee a picture thingie")
# They make unrelated topics in unrelated forums (Talking about DBZ in the error report forum).
# They do not wash.

:shock: :shock:

A common misconception not supported by facts. I have seen nothing to suggest that this is true, being as I have seen many a person who has loved Pesmerga yet they do not share any of the traits you have outlined. It's a stereotype isn't supported by anything other than observation and speculation. Though I usually find your observation unbias, though slightly exaggerated, this goes a bit too far. I used to think this to be true about Kirby fans, but it isn't true.

Pesmerga is a character that I think hasn't been let out of his cage yet. There is probably a lot of plot not revealed, that will be as soon as the time is best. The reason I like him has little to do with his armor, its his correlation with the fate of this world. In a world created by dharma and chaos the rivalry between the two is a microcosm for such. I suppose it isn't the character that I adore, it's the connection to other characters and their representation to others.

So to you I humbly submit, a dislike of all fans of anything short of fascism is a quite ignorant dislike. In my point of view at least. Argue that all you want.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, brecht0, then you've missed many past posts by pes fans that do fall under that listing that sars gave; there are far more of those than there are of the ones you mention. the majority that speak up tend to fall into one or more of those categories; that having been said...

there have been three suikodens that had ample opportunity to develop this particular character, but have not, leaving him, not as a mystery, like jeane or viki, but just another colorless character, that for some odd reason, has a fandom, despite the lack of any real background beyond the hunt for yuber.

there was no dispute over whether or not pesmerga has intelligent fans; i'm sure there are some *few?* however, they have yet to step forward and distinguish themselves from the bulk of the 'fandom.' when that happens, then some of the held stereotypes might fall, but not until then.

Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I happen to have a little more faith than you do on this particular subject. A majority of these fans are partially as he described. Yet I find that there are many who do not fall under that majority. A friend I have that introduced me to Suikoden wasn't that way, and he loved Pesmerga. I didn't share that love quite as much, though I did like how he looked.

In any case, liking a certain character is a matter of preferance. For example a character with a large fanbase in the Video Game world is Link from the Legend of Zelda. I don't find all too much character in Link, being as he doesn't have any dialogue. I don't particularly like Link either, but is that to suggest that all his fans are topographies of ignorance? Who are only attracted to Elvish cool looking figures, and care more about appearance than character, of course not. It only suggest that I don't like Link. Because Link fans are in such a majority, you can't assume they're all ignorant of what a good character is. Hell, the reader of this probably likes Link.

You base this only off of posts by Pesmerga fans. Most of the people who adore Pesmerga are unsung. They like another character better, or simply don't speak up. In other words you're considering a huge majority of these people who think Pesmerga is a great character to be fools. I have more faith than to believe that true.

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

there was no dispute over whether or not pesmerga has intelligent fans; i'm sure there are some *few?* however, they have yet to step forward and distinguish themselves from the bulk of the 'fandom.' when that happens, then some of the held stereotypes might fall, but not until then.

somehow, you missed that final part of my last post; that would have cleared the smoke, so to speak and rendered part of your last post unnecessary by virtue.

a post can say a great deal about a person; what/how they think, their ability to grasp the situation or what's being said, their abilities to read, comprehend the posts of others and the rules for a given site.

that is what the currently held stereotype is based on-that was my point in the last sentence i wrote, but, again, it was overlooked/missed/whatever you wish to choose. i'd say that's case and point, on more than one level.

Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it, merely didn't address it. You see, I didn't assume you thought all of them were topographies of ignorance. But with the inclusion of the word few I was arguing that most of them were not only unsung, but that there is a great mass of people that simply like Pesmerga but don't think he's wonderful, don't think he's the best thing ever, simply like him. I'm one of those. This large mass of fans expands over much more than the word few. Since you haven't heard them nor know if they are or are not intelligent you cannot assume that most of them are this way. Speaking up or not, it's something you just can't assume. I think it's fair to say that "Most of the fans of Pesmerga I've heard are fools." But anything more vague than that borders of ignorance.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Yuber and Pesmerga are alright characters, but they're not my favorites and I think I would be very bored if I had to play a game where the main plot concerned them. Especially considering how little we know of them. I think the Yuber/Pesmerga thing is going to be milked a few more games. (Though I'm a bit surprised Pesmerga hasn't shown up in Suikoden IV.)

Personally,I would prefer that the game has an entirely new hero, just as they have had for every game; I like learning a new story, with new people involved, and keeping the returning characters on the sidelines.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: