Suikoden Ugly and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Left Behind: The Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Left Behind: The Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If somehow you don't know, The Left Behind series is a bunch of books about the Rapture and the Christian Apocalypse as foretold in Revelations. The books have all been bestsellers, and I'm pretty sure that even though the Final Battle was fought, they decided to make some prequels. Because the apocalypse has a prequel.

The series is of course ridiculously bad. Religious sentiments aside, the writing and characterization make Dan Brown look like John Steinbeck. They made a movie, which garnered two sequels straight to video. These were not quality films.

Now they have made... a computer game. Gamespot Review

I guess this happened a month ago, but I missed it. But I'm still incredibly excited. This game looks so bad that it has to be good.

Plus, the Limited Edition comes with, a METAL BIBLE (their own words).

That is one smoking bible.

Sadly, it's still 50 dollars, so I think I'll pass. But when it hits the 10 dollar bargain bin in six months, I will be all over that.

Is anyone else spiritually enthralled by this game as I am?

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With such a glowing review, how could I possibly stand to pass? I mean, honestly, it's obvious the Gamespot people really tried this game, and tried not to hate it just because it's Left Behind: THE VIDEO GAME.

It's worth saying that if the people who make games like these would just try a little bit harder, they could actually produce some good titles. Titles where the only thing we're making fun of is the premise, and not loads of bugs and errors, interface problems and terrible mission design, as the absolutely stellar review tells us.

Did you know that some people are absolutely flabbergasted at the fact that I don't know the first thing about Left Behind? Some kind of books, right?

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, but is the Bible King James or NIV?

DUM DUM DUM!

Quote:
Similarly, the game has a 1950s-style attitude about men and women. Only males can become priestlike disciples and handyman builders, whereas only women can become nurses. Female units are actually designated as such and given ridiculous titles like "Friend Woman" and "Medic Woman," a sexual distinction that unsurprisingly isn't extended to their male counterparts. Finally, the game isn't politically correct when it comes to race, either, because a fair number of the bad guys bear Arab and African names.

Wow, so a fundamentalist game with racist and sexist undertones?

WHERE DO I SIGN?!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Enemy units feature college-trained secularists, devils, and foul-mouthed rock stars with their electric twangers.

I died after I read that little quote.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

....How did I miss that?

Electric...twangers?

...Uhm, maybe I'm not up on the lingo, but isn't a twanger slightly outdated slang for..uhmm...?

...This may be the most bizarre game in existance.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is neither! Here's the
Quote:
Bible Description: Plain and simple and totally unexpected--this small, plain-text, NLT metal-cover Bible is about giving teens something totally unique without directly saying it's for them. The Metal Bible has the hippest exterior ever! With a metallic matte finish on the outside and the complete NLT translation on the inside, the Bible will be a favorite among students of all ages. Style-conscious teens will find this lightweight, compact edition of the Scriptures irresistible.

On second glance, I think this isn't actually packaged with the game on standard, put it's being thrown in by this Christian ebay strore. They also have a "R U Ready for Rapture" link that encourages people to write letters to their loved ones for after they are taken into heaven.
Quote:
A person will arise to be the broker of this peace treaty. He is the anti-christ. He is bad news!!! He will seem very suave, and irresistible.

The emphasis is their own.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yohn

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... a Bible that can be used as an effective bludgeoning device. It might be effective. XD

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: