Suikoden Unique and Informational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eyeshield 21: Best manga ever
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lies! That title belongs to 20th Century Boys and One Piece!

I've had my on this for a while but haven't gotten to it yet.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been a very, very, long time, so i thought that it would be appropriate to make mention of this now. Chapter 242 or so is out. And it finally ends!! Whopee!! What am i talking about? Do you care to read any spoilers? *Spoiler* The game of Oujou White Knights and Deimon Devilbats have finally ended! It went on for around 30 chapters, which is fine. Not too long, and definitely not short at all. The finals are coming up really soon! Some rivalries have reached their conclusion for this year. Now we hopefully get to see Seibu versus the Dinosaurs. I wonder what Maruko/Marco can do?*End spoilers*

It's not so much of a spoiler, since there are more important things happening, but there is a small disappointment. There wasn't anymore development between Juumonji and Ikari. They just faded into the background altogether. Ikari was kind of interesting, and Juumonji was getting cooler. But it was overall a trivial matter.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I still follow this series, and I'm satisfied with the outcome of the match. Both teams had been built to be very strong and their epic match delivered the hype between the strongest offense versus the strongest defense.

As for Juumonji and Ikari, well it's never meant to be the main thing anyways. Sena vs Shin, and Monta vs Sakuraba are the two main rivalries between the two teams for that particular match. So when it's crucial time, I fully understand if the focus went to those four people instead.

Juumonji is definitely getting cooler and cooler.

But what I think would be even cooler is if there's an "All-Star" game where Ouju and Deimon can be on the same team (together with few other schools) against other schools from different regions. It would be awesome to see how Himura would lead the play if he had a team with players who are all top notch.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yesterday, I was reading Eyeshield 21 right into the beginning of the Autumn Tokyo Tournament when suddenly, I was caught by a sudden infatuation. It quickly became a passion, an obsession, and just like that, I was trapped in this web of dilemma.

I am enamored by the teams' managers and cheerleading captains.

I myself am at lost as to why such a thing can occur; it is but an enigma. Maybe it is because of the costumes their wear, or their varying character design. The romanticism, the attraction, and the mystery of it all. I have no doubt, though, that I desire to collect all materials existed regarding them.

The problem is, I still have a long way to go before the end of the chapters.

I am sure many more managers would have made an appearance by then and I can't just as well skip to the end just to search for managers as opposed to slowly enjoying the story. It is not an effective idea in the first place, for searching for sign of those elusive managers would actually require me to read it slowly.

Nevertheless, I must quickly gain knowledges of the managers. My burning prurience dictates me so. If not, I do not know if I could continue on living as I did before.

Thus, I implore you, o kind ones. Would somebody be as gentle, as benevolent and as noble as to provide some information and a good picture - or any picture at all - of the managers who has made their appearance in the series?

What I have gathered so far are:

- Anezaki Mamori, manager Deimon Devilbats
- Tani Suzuka, cheerleading captain of Deimon Devilbats
- Tsuyumine Megu, manager Zokugaku Chameleons
- Konzo Natsuko, manager and cheerleading captain Yuuhi Guts
- Hakui Naasu, manager and cheerleading captain of Amino Cyborgs
- The manager and of Kyoshin Poseidon
- Supposedly the manager of Seibu Wild Gunmen
- Supposedly the cheerleading captain of Seibu Wild Gunmen
- Supposedly the manager of Hashiratani Deers
- The manager of Noroi Occults
- Supposedly the manager of Tsukufu Super Eagles.
- The manager of Sankaku Punks

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't have a picture right now, but i can get it later on. You might be be that far in the manga story yet, but there is Julie, the manager for the Bando Spiders. She's wearing some pretty funky 60's/70's outfit, can't tell exactly what it is (i'm no fashion expert), but she's pretty funny, when you see her interact with the two stars of one of my favorite teams the Bando Spiders. I think that she's the hottest of them all.

Oh, and don't forget the co-captain of the Kyoshin Poseidons, since she does appear a bit more often then the rest of the cheerleaders. The name escapes me, but she's hilarious.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, if I was really feeling motivated, I'd either scan in a picture, or look one up myself, but the manager for the Ojo White Knights is Koharu Wakana. She's probably my favorite of the opposing teams managers just because she's such a little cutie! She doesn't stand out like some of them, just there's something about her that I find cute.

~Uguu!~
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes! I completely forgot about Koharu Wakana! How shameful. This is exactly why I was compelled to seek help from this forum; I am merely a forgetful human being. A picture would not be necessary for her, Sailor Sexy, as I can easily seek her out myself.

Thank you for the information, Starslasher. Unfortunately, I know of neither Julie nor the co-captain of Kyoshin Poseidons. Would you be so kind as to provide any picture of them.

Any other information, o kind souls? Any information regarding any other managers or cheerleading captains post-Tokyo Tournament, or even before it but I have regretably missed (as like the case of Koharu Wakana) would be very much appreciated.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, hold on. Here's a picture of both the captain and sub-captain of the Kyoshin Poseidon cheerleaders.

And here's a picture of Julie.

And i thought that you might enjoy this, in case you didn't have it. It's just too big to put up on this post, if the other two weren't big enough. You can find Julie in this picture located between Onihei and Shun, in the lower left region.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm.. no. I am a fan of this show but I am not going to say it is the best manga ever (obviously because it is’nt) however I find the show to be pretty fun at times but somehow somewhat following the cliché of the existing sports anime. That aside it’s good (though I hate, hate, hate how they overpower eyeshield at times).
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my, manager overload! In color! It even has the Sankaku Punks manager in higher resolution!

My eternal gratitude to you, o Starslasher. May the spirit of the wind and grass guide your soul eternally.

Nevertheless, it is a shame that Shinryuuji Naga is an all-boys school...

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehe, no problems, Scrooge.

Quote:
Nevertheless, it is a shame that Shinryuuji Naga is an all-boys school...

But that is what makes them so funny, especially the linemen. I love it when that big guy (Yamabushi? I think that's his name) gets so jealous when he thinks , whether true or not, the other players are getting girls, especially Agon and Ikkyu.

To talk about the manga, i was very interested in seeing the flashback of Hiruma, Kurita and Musashi in Chapter 247 and 248. We finally get to find out more about Hiruma, since we got a general background on Kurita and Musashi already.

I am up to 108 in the anime episodes. I was hoping to find the one where the finalists for the Kantou tournament would pick their numbers and find otu whom they would be facing (chapter 168 in the manga). Did that never happen in the anime?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: