Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Play Any Instruments?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blindside

101263 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See above post!

All of those instruments bring back memories. Like the time we brought a Cowbell to the school lunchroom...

The Timpani is quite fun, I played that for concert band for two years in a row. Give the Piano a shot, I think you'll like it.
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I know keyboard instruments are set up like a piano.

We used to have a piano at home, but it was old, had broken keys, and took up space, so my parents got rid of it. It would be kinda nice to have one though.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blindside wrote:
Once you play the Piano, you can play any instrument. The same thing can be said for writing music, once you learn it you can play most instruments pretty well.

Haha no. Piano teaches you theory more concisely than others, and knowing theory makes learning any instrument easier, but technique is an enormous factor in learning to play music. No matter how much the instrument might make sense to you you're not going to just pick up a guitar and be able to play jack on it knowing only piano.

That being said it is easier to jump from a piano or guitar to a new instrument than from something else, but the vast majority of the time you spend will go in to proper fingerings and means to actually produce the sound you're looking for - something that may be consistent between similar types of instruments but ranges widely across the board. I imagine the actual technique side of playing piano doesn't cross over to many others.

That being said, I really really really want a piano. :)
Sir Kan of Grassland

Magicians of Lordlake

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my ninth grade year I tried out for band I played the flute and well they said I suck so i quit but I do play a fluter in are JROTC Band.
Blindside

101263 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I said play, not be good at. :)

I've played many instruments over the years and recently found myself quite uninterested with most of them. However, the Piano is much more difficult to play and requires a lot of work to get down. As does any instrument, I guess. I just personally feel that every instrument would be a breeze if you were able to master that of the Piano. It was for me, hasn't failed me yet.

Of course the technique of every instrument takes time and practice. I'm not saying otherwise. For the majority of people, it's not about the instrument but music itself that they have trouble with (not the technique). Once you get that down you can learn to apply it.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i guess im one of those unforutuhnate guys who dont knoe how to play any instrument.

But i have this big interest on the bamboo flute.does anyone now how to play bamboo flute here in suikox. if yes is it hard to practice?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing the guitar (both electric and acoustic) for a while now (1 and a half or 2 years), I sometimes do some Suikoden selections as they are really nice to play.
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been playing the guitar for 10 years now and I have been playing the piano for 14 years. I also somewhat know how to play the bass guitar and the drums.

Azuma

4917 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing guitar for roughly half a year maybe. I love it, but i'm not particularly amazing at it since i've been playing for so little time. I mainly took it up just so I had something to sing too.

My main 'instrument' is singing. While it could not be classed as an instrument in the sense you're probably talking about in the thread, I'd still like to just mention it. ^-^
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played the Recorder in grade four and five. Then the Alto Recorder in grade six (we had the music teacher as our homeroom teacher, so we got better recorders :P). Then in grade seven, eight and nine I played the Alto Sax.
Vengeful Child

Snowy Mountain Peaks

60113 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can play the piano and the accordion, but I am not especially good with either. As a child, before starting my piano classes, I had to learn the glockenspiel and the recorder.

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've pbeen playing the piano for 4 years already same with guitar. I've been playing the bass guitar for 3 years, the drums and double bass for a year, and the flute for 2 years.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear, let's see...O_o
Flute/Piccollo
Recorder/Penny whistle
Harp
Guitar (6 and 12 strings :))
Piano
Bodhran
I sing too...
I can also play a dulcimer to a limited extent. Ours is perpetually out of tune. O_o

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If we are counting singing I can scream like some of the guys in the screamo bands >_>

dont know if anyone counts that though...

Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Philosopherking wrote:
If we are counting singing I can scream like some of the guys in the screamo bands >_>

dont know if anyone counts that though...

You've tried screaming like that? I like screamo bands, but I can't imagine any kind of situation where you'd scream like that if you weren't actually, like on stage or something... o___O
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: