Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Play Any Instruments?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Play Any Instruments? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I was in the fourth grade, the very first instrument I was taught to play was the Recorder. It was a requirement to pass the fourth grade, and I remember hating the instrument because it felt like a boring flute. When I got to the seventh grade I played the guitar in band class. I wasn't very into it, so I just do enough to pass the class and get a good grade. Now I love playing the guitar, I even taking another guitar class. I'm not great, but practice when I can.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this should be posted in the "Educational" forum...
but anyway, here goes:
yup, i did played the recorder as well... it's pretty much the same story with you Jorge... and beside that i needed to play a flute and an "angklung" which is a type of an Indonesian instrument that we play...
also starting from Grade 3-5 i was told by my parents to take a piano course/class and so i did XD
then in Grade 7 i played a violin... since Grade 9 i haven't played a single instrument yet... that's pretty much it actually :)
Artificity

Ronery Puratoon

17923 Potch
0 Soldiers
750 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play 'virtual' instruments. Meaning I can only play vague facsimile's of actual instruments at a local arcade and get high scores like WHOA but couldn't name a tune because I am almost literally tone deaf.

Oh, but I do know how to play the guitar but every male of some sort of spanish descent is required to know how to play the guitar even just a bit thanks to cultural stereotype.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first instrument I learned to play would be the bamboo flute in Sixth Grade. It was boring, though - I can't even play Metallice on it. ;)

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play the guitar back when I was still on fourth grade. It was mainly because I had to, for my music class. I never knew I had a talent on playing it though, because I was never interested in music, but I still got the highest grades in my class. After that year ended, so did my time with playing the guitar. Now, I have already forgotten how to play it.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm practically tone deaf, so I can't play anything. Except rhytmic (?) instruments, like the drums. Which I'm currently diving myself into.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can play a mean Hot Cross Buns on the recorder. :P The recorder was probably my first instrument I learned, and I was quite good. Although that was years ago, I probably don't remember the notes as much as I used to. But I'm sure the whole breathing part I still have. I can play basic guitar and drums too. I wasn't really bad at guitar, although I always had to look at my fingers when I changed notes, but I was really good at drums. Unfortunately, in school was the only time I had a drum to play with.

I always wanted to learn how to play the piano or violin. They're such beautiful instruments.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raidou wrote:
I can play a mean Hot Cross Buns on the recorder. :P The recorder was probably my first instrument I learned, and I was quite good. Although that was years ago, I probably don't remember the notes as much as I used to. But I'm sure the whole breathing part I still have. I can play basic guitar and drums too. I wasn't really bad at guitar, although I always had to look at my fingers when I changed notes, but I was really good at drums. Unfortunately, in school was the only time I had a drum to play with.

I always wanted to learn how to play the piano or violin. They're such beautiful instruments.

XD yes, that and the egpytion song are the only songs that I know.

I also forgot to mention I used to take piano lessons when I was seven, but i can't remeber crap now in days so it was in vain.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Hot Cross Buns probably owns yours. I can play it in my sleep (and I even know the words!).

I played the recorder in elementary school and didn't like it (which is why I didn't decide to play the clarinet). In 5th grade, I took up the flute, but didn't like it, since there were too many buttons and too many people making fun of me. I solved both problems by switching to the tuba, which is what I still play. I love it.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been playing the clarinet for about 8 years. I really like it. I would also like to learn how to play the piano. I have attempted to learn how to play the alto saxophone so that I could play in jazz band. I have since given up on that though. My band director keeps forgetting to find a sax for me to play, so I just said, screw it.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play the Euphonium, Marching Baritone (which kills my arms >_>), Tenor Trombone, Bass Trombone-- and I have very basic knowledge on playing other brass instruments, such as Tuba, and Trumpet. I'm not going to attempt the French Horn for a while-- I just can't make a decent sound out of it.

I'd like to leard Violin, and I need to learn how to play Piano.

I also played recorder in elementary school-- but that hardly counts. ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too played the recorder back in fourth grade. Nothing special.

I took piano lessons from when I was in at least third grade I think through high school so I can read music just fine. Anything that requires complex use of my left hand though is a disaster. It's the anchor that weighs me down. With enough practice I can play things just fine, but I cannot just sit down and play most things.

I played guitar for a couple years in elementary school, but all that moving around with my left hand screwed me over on that instrument too. I'm afraid that my right hand got all the coordination.

From fifth grade through high school, I played saxophone. Nothing complex so I was good at it, but not awesome. It was mostly alto, but during my last couple years of high school I played baritone sax for the high school jazz band, pep band when all the tuba players disappeared, and for concert band when there was an important part we were missing out on. I much preferred the alto. It took a lot less effort. >_>

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play the acoustic and electric guitar, and also a bit of bass. I was interested in the saxophone and/or piano for a while, but I've decided to stick with the guitar. Haven't actually been playing for that long to be honest, but I think I've made quite a lot of progress, I get offers to joins bands anyway, that is what I base it on. I think I will join one, it'll help my practice.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is my school the only one that doesn't force people to play the recoder? For serious, from what y'all are saying, it seems like most people have to learn how.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to play the Double Bass and the electric bass, though lack of practice has made wht little skill I had go away.

And by the way, my school didn't require anyone play any kind of instrument, and I'm thankful for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: