Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Weapon in Suikoden?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
apathy

14000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am a fan of the staff so i will have to go with tir and kai's staffs from suikoden 1

Adelphos

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i love suiko weapons!
but my very favorite weapon is probably the sword! The Sword is a deadly weapon, it could deal critical blows from any swing; the sword is not as heavy as the axe or a mace and a sword's swing can come from any direction unlike the spear. And a sword's thrust can deal death blows just like a spear. The quality of a sword differs from its design thats why swords are very unique. For example, a bastard sword or any two handed sword muck like Humprey and Duke's swords and the Star Dragoncut a person in half. The rapier just like Queen's sword is built for speed and accuracy. A sword is not only an offensive weapon, its a good defensive weapon too. Sword can parry and deflect enemy blows and if the swordsman is fast enough he/she can deal a counterattack that can bring down his/her opponent. A sword's high guard can block attacks from mounted enemies.
The sword rules!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite weapon out of all Suikodens that i have played has to be Hervey's Blood Sword i thought this was a great weapon.
cathy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the HeroIV and Kika's double swords. They're totally awesome. Hardly any characters like those two had double swords. All swordusers used only one sword. I also liked Katarina's long rod, as I loved magicians too, not only swordusers.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say it's the ladle and wok from suikoden 2.

How badass must oen be if they decide to beat random monsters down with kitchen finary. Hell, Suikoden 2 had the most unique weapons in any of the suikodens to date, excluding Branky.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't those cooks (Antonio and Lester) from Suikoden 1 used some cookery-based weapons, too? I'm quite sure Hai Yo wasn't the first.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Didn't those cooks (Antonio and Lester) from Suikoden 1 used some cookery-based weapons, too?

i am not sure if they could even fight then in that game

i love the weapons in suikoden they are all amazing and i know that commander glen is ( very unfortunatly) not a playable character in suikoden 4 his weapon is one of my all time favorites its well used by glen in combat and is big and powerful and it looks heavy and glen uses it with one hand thats some skill he has there. My second favorite has to be hero4's amazing one haned training sword okay sue my so its a standard issue sword for cadets but i like it,and last but not least hero4's twin swords oh and tirs staff its allot but those are my favs.

Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Nash's coat. Yes, his coat. The one he pulls poisons and explosives and Grosser Flues out of. How many ways to kill someone does this guy have?

2. Hero4 and Kika's dual swords. They use them almost identically, but they look so different. Hero4's look like two standard military swords used together, but Kika's look like they were supposed to be flashy.

3. Graham Cray's arm. Its a cybernetic arm. With poison darts. And some sort of rune (probably lightning or earth).
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty interested in just about all the weapons, especially if they have a story behind then. The Zodiac Sword (Or Star Dragon Sword, whichever you wanna call it) is pretty nifty, but I don't consider it a weapon really.

I'd have to say my favorite weapons from the Suikoden world, would defintely have to be Mond, as well as Sturm and Stern. Firstly, I'm a huge fan of Elza, and her story. <3<3<3<3<3 .. .

I find it interestng, that Mond is supposed to symbolize betrayal. However, Kelly choose Mond in his duel against Elza, knowing it would result in his death, giving Elza a chance to escape. Then, In Elza's final duel against Clive, Elza chose Mond, which remained unloaded, and died herself instead of killing Clive (which in my knowingly arrogant opinion, she easily could have done >_>).

Mond became a gun of (rather literally) personal sacrifice, of willingly choosing to die in the stead of one of your loved ones.

Sturm .. . O_o stupid Clive, when the big holy gun thing decides it doesn't wanna shoot someone, doesn't that say something?!? Oi! . ..

Well, anyways, yeah. ... I think these three guns have facinating stories, even if I dislike the concept of guns in the suikoden world (or in our world for that matter.)
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lo Wen has the coolest weapon

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HeroIV's double swords, Kika's double swords, and (with great sadness in my hear as I say this) Yuber's retractable double swords...

Two swords are, more often then not, a better way to go when it comes to strategy and field advantage. Especially if you're ambidexterous (right spelling?). And I do have to say, Yuber does look might cool dressed up as Fred Estaire and rockin the field with those two swords. Kika looks mighty fine hacking and slashing everything in her way, and HeroIV, I noticed, uses a lot of technical and well thought out moves when dueling. Pretty awesome, really.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
soulmate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Landis scythe- Heh I'm a big fan of scythes and Death. When I first saw a scythe I was like wow this was the coolest weapon I've ever seen although now I have seen more unique looking weapons.

Hero of the first suikoden's staff- Heh it must be really tough killing things or people with a bo staff unlike killing people with sharp weapons that can easily be used for decapitation. I really love bo staffs because in real life I have some skill with the bo staff but my bo staff is not as cool looking as the hero's bo staff.

Kika's two swords- I like the thin crisp polished look of her swords. When I first recruited her I kept using her and leveling her the most even though she wasn't that strong. I like how she holds her weapons in battle.

Yuber's weapon(s3)- It was so cool how his two sword things are capable of going in and out of the hilt. The attack animations of the weapon is also a thing I liked and the sound it makes when it attacks. Also his rune attack looked cool(the way he would split into 3 and use his swords to slash in different ways). The thing is though that his weapon doesn't look at all that sharp but it still did MAJOR damage to my party. His weapon looked like one of those toy swords that light up in the dark and are multi colored except silver.

The lizards' glides- They look cool and do a tremendous amount of damage. Enough said
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

for now i will say that i like the weapons of jowy riou nanami and chris and some other i will post this another time cause i will speak of the weapons
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the shining sword that selma had looked pretty cool. not only that, but it was hella powerful for my standards
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of people seem to think that quarterstaffs aren't deadly. For someone trained with the weapon they can be very deadly (especially to the neck) but they were typically used by villagers rather than soldiers although there are many stories of farmers with quaterstaffs beating a soldier with a sword.

Anyway my favourite weapon would have to be the dual swords, the weapons could so easily be used for some cool moves (SIV wasn't very inventive with it's battle animations) and no matter what anyone else says I always see Killey as having two swords. If Suikoden V has Killey in it and puts the ressurection rune back in I'll have no complaints.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: