Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Could Genoh Be...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Could Genoh Be... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That little turtle you find on the deserted island on Suikoden IV? (Who also becomes the save data icon on the memory card?)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes.

Genoh could also be any turtle. Ever. I mean, like ever.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Yes.

Genoh could also be any turtle. Ever. I mean, like ever.

Even ?!

I smell crossover!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, Genoh's a tortoise. That turtle you're talking about is a turtle. I can see a difference in there.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Could Genoh Be... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Axis wrote:
That little turtle you find on the deserted island on Suikoden IV? (Who also becomes the save data icon on the memory card?)

I don't think hes a conventional turtle, besides the guy loves old people, not mermaids.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, if I take the theory seriously for a second.

We don't have any official information regarding Genoh's age but Genoh himself puts himself at over 1,000 years old.

I'm not an expert in telling the age of a tortoise by their looks, especially not fictional video games tortoises with hairy eyebrows, so the only sliver of evidence is that millenium-claim.

Eh, I see no reason to discard his claim. He's senile, but he's never lied about anything else. So, really, Genoh is too old to have been a wee little tortoise in Suikoden IV anyway.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
The Lone Fire

0 Potch
6 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah even if look at the age of the Genoh....hardly he can that young,right?
and if we look at the positions seperately its hard to get to Falena that way,maybe possible because of years distance but only hardly....if we imagine that Genoh was a Crab that we fight on Deserted Island in S IV it would be possible I believe...and what significance actually that little turtle has to IV,does it cant remember (I think not) ??

Ai wo Koete - Himekami ~'entering the Suiko III...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He has no real significance besides being so terribly cute.

Maybe the little tyke is one of Genoh's children? If he had children. . . which we don't know that he does. He seems a bit too lazy to be getting it on with a misses anytime recently.

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would not be able to tell how old Genoh is, but I believe he is older than the time frame presented between Suikoden 4 and 5. However, I don't know what the aging rate of giant ancient land based fictional tortises is.
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmmm could be. Maybe that should be a question you should ask Konami. In my opinion i think they are both very different as i don't really know how Genoh could get from the Island Nations all the way to Felena. Maybe he spent all his life doing that, who knows.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Assassin01 wrote:
as i don't really know how Genoh could get from the Island Nations all the way to Felena.

easy, he's a turtle and turtles can swim in water.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:

He has feet, not flippers like a (sea) turtle. He is a tortoise (or maybe a terrapin). As such, he cannot cross an ocean like a sea turtle could. He'd have to walk on the ground, and since as a reptile he cannot breathe water, that's impossible.

Since Genoh is obviously not a common animal, but rather a magical beast (maybe some sort of lesser god even), I think the idea that he might be identical to a common turtle in another game is more than far-fetched.

He has been known as "boss" to the beavers for generations, which (even though beaver generations are relatively short time spans) implies an old age. And as John said, Genoh himself claims to be more than 1000 years old (and I see no reason to doubt that claim).
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Buff wrote:

He has feet, not flippers like a (sea) turtle. He is a tortoise (or maybe a terrapin). As such, he cannot cross an ocean like a sea turtle could. He'd have to walk on the ground, and since as a reptile he cannot breathe water, that's impossible.

ha ha, didn't think about that.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Buff wrote:

The solution is simple...he obviously took a boat after shredder spilled mutagen on him and his brothers...
Athene Airheart

117406 Potch
300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Genoh is Jeane's secret form. That's why he won't respond to her because at that time he's just an illusion, and that's what the dog was talking about in Su III.

Okay, I'll stop being a smart-ass now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: