Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

An idea for maybe, Suikogaiden 3???

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should they make a Suikoden action game??
Yeah, like Dynasty Warriors
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Yeah but more like a Kingdom Hearts game
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
No, it would push the remaining fans away
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: An idea for maybe, Suikogaiden 3??? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikogaiden seems to be the typr of game that is like the behind the scenes or previews of other Suikoden games. Well how is this for an idea. You take the game engine of Dynasty Warriors with the tons of enemies coming at you and you hacking and slashing your way through, mix in a suikoden style concept with Suikoden characters, make it a world where you can run all over the place, instead of musou attacks you can use rune attacks, and a good storyline like in my fan fictions (Cheap Plug, sorry had to!!) Would that not bring two types of game fans together? I think it would end up bringing more fans to this cult series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unless the game was outsourced to Koei, I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole and even then I'd plow through it for any extra information and then it'll be on the shelf for all eternity.

It also wouldn't be much of a Gaiden. It'd need it's own new mini-franchise, like Rhapsodia, the franchise of one.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
It also wouldn't be much of a Gaiden. It'd need it's own new mini-franchise, like Rhapsodia, the franchise of one.

True. The Gaidens aren't really much of an action type of game anyway. It's more of a "pick this one and see what happens" type of game. If a Suikoden spin-off would be made out of this, it should have its own mini-franchise as it really isn't a Gaiden.

And unless Konami would release it outside of Japan, I could care less about this game.
SwissStopwatch

Largest Falco Tribute Band Ever

186774 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I really don't see how a Dynasty Warriors game engine would fit a Suikoden game well. It might attract a few purchases by fans of actions games and such, but it'd quickly be tossed aside for a more focused game that they like better. And it would probably annoy a lot of the people that play Suikoden games for trying to draw the focus out with a bizarre genre shift. Sure, there are plenty of people who like both types of game, but... when I think Suikoden, I don't think "Powerful guy who can kill thousands of soldiers with his weapon skills alone".

Besides, the flavor doesn't work. You couldn't really do rune attacks well or accurately, except for some of the unique technique runes (for some reason, Double Tusk and Boronda Hawk come to mind right now), and those would just be the musou attacks. I just fail to see how targetting a Blazing Wall fits here, or most other rune magic spells.

Also, I don't really think it's been shown that most Suikoden characters really have it in them to take on the thousand man armies that the Dynasty Warriors cut through in a matter of minutes. With the exception of people like heavily armored tanks in Suiko 3, I don't think the Stars of Destiny could stand up well in this setting, given that they can get seriously hurt or even KOed after going a few rounds with regular soldiers that just happen to come later in the game. The way I've seen combat go in the Suikoden games, it would not feel right to have one of these people kill every general in an enemy army singlehandedly, along with most of the army (Well, not without something like a True Rune releasing a giant inferno, anyway). It feels right to have people like Zhang Fei go up against giant armies by themselves because in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel, they were shown doing heroic stuff like this. Not usually so in Suikoden (even though I'm certain one of you can show at least one example of someone who can, and I'm pretty sure I know who). The Stars of Destiny are sometimes very heroic, but not really quite like thaqt, the way I see it.

So it'd be great to have some way to get more people to play the Suikoden games, and it's a nice avenue to be thinking along. I just don't think this would be a particularly successful approach. It might work mechanically in some ways, but it just wouldn't feel quite right. Although, now that I think about it, maybe there's a good chance somebody's giving a video game pitch along the lines of "It's just like Dynasty Warriors, but with True Runes!".
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Dynasty Warriors thing would be a good war type of game in Suikoden. It would be funner. About the thing about Kingdom Hearts, I wouldn't like it to be that type. I would prefer the good ol rpg type because the runes wont be as cool if it were the Kingdom Hearts type.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dynasty Warriors itself doesn't do all that great over here, as it is.
Suikoden and Dynasty Warriors both do better in Japan, I don't think merging the two would do any better in North America.

Tactics style was nice, but I think that's the extent of spinoff games, I think.

-My DeviantArt-
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I vote for no. I don't think that is something i would like to see. Stick with the RPG.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Kain

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yup my vote is no also.. i would like the game in original form.. it batter that way...

Royal Yaoi Fanpeep Brigade

5500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though I voted for the Dynasty Warriors style, being a bit of a Dynasty Warriors dork, let's think about what Konami hasn't done yet... So, we have a text-based-somewhat-dating-game-type game. A strategy game. A card game... What can we do? :3

I KNOW! DANCE DANCE SUIKODEN! Where you can choose your favorite Suikoden chara and dance to the music!

I was joking, of course.

An action-adventure-style Gaiden would be cute. Not like Kingdom Hearts, really. I'm not too fond of its system... actually, wouldn't it be cool to have it be like, say, Escape from Monkey Island? Especially if we're going to have another Nash Latjke-type character... Sleuthing and finding out the tiny details and stuff... And for battles, you could have it be something like Final Fantasy XII or .hack//'s system...

My brain is failing again. D;
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, they do have the skills to make an action game as seen on OZ/The Sword of Etheria/Chains of Power. Now they just need to make a fitting story and make the game more Suikoden-ish overall and voilĂ , we have a Suikoden action game!

Puu wrote:
I KNOW! DANCE DANCE SUIKODEN! Where you can choose your favorite Suikoden chara and dance to the music!

Well, one of the latest Beatmania games had a version of The Queen's Knights song and Mario Mix had a storyline so...

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: