Suikoden United and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Those with wings!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Those with wings! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am horrible with names. Both virtually and realistically. It took my two weeks to be able to remember Carabbit's name-and she's my best friend! The point being that I have a really hard time obsessing over Suikoden just because the rest of the fan-community has no problem with this. *Sigh* So I'm going to try to make this work.

M'kay, the characters with the wings--who look half dragon. Does anyone know what exactly they are? I am insanely curious. I have no names (heh, I just explained why) but I'm sure you guys know who I'm talking about. Where do they come from, what are they??

I just want whatever anybody has to offer.

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cid, Chaco and Landis? The Wingers? You can't be Bright, the actual Dragon in Suikoden III? I didn't really think the Wingers looked very dragon-like - or do you just mean because they have wings. That's the only characters I can think of with wings, other than the animals Feather, Fubar, Bright (mentioned), the Dragons from Suikoden I (Black and all the other fairly insignificant ones I can't remember) and Rubi.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow, wingers are sure becoming popular, two winnger posts in shuch a short time!

and to think I was going to make one (again?)

yes they are facinating! bat wings and bird feet, the rest apparently human.
well we never saw one naked. Thos fan comics don't count.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
Cid, Chaco and Landis? The Wingers? You can't be Bright, the actual Dragon in Suikoden III? I didn't really think the Wingers looked very dragon-like - or do you just mean because they have wings. That's the only characters I can think of with wings, other than the animals Feather, Fubar, Bright (mentioned), the Dragons from Suikoden I (Black and all the other fairly insignificant ones I can't remember) and Rubi.

Yeah I don't mean Bright. Landis was my favorite in III. I know they probably aren't really half dragon but I like to say that word for some reason *I'm way to obsessed with dragons*

What was the deal with Landis anyway? Does he have a story?

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not that I know of. He was just an oddity. I once heard someone say that Sid and Landis are the same person as they look similar and if you reverse Sid's name and put LA on the front, you have Landis. Stuning. But nothing conclusive I'm afraid.

SuikoX wrote:
Name: Landis
Origin: Two River
Position: Wanderer
Landis is an eccentric Winghorde who joins the Fire Bringer without anyone's knowledge. He tall, slim, and his eyes are filled with madness. He loves to tell horror stories and scare kids with the gory details. In addition, he uses a giant scythe as his weapon, adding to his eerie demeanor. He often speaks of being friends with the grim reaper, but it is unknown if his claim is genuine.

Which does sound a little similar to Sid, but as there is no official word, all we know is that Sid happened to be wandering around the forest and decided to join the Fire Bringers.

Who knows why he wandered so far from Two-River, if indeed, his is from Two-River. Perhaps there's a Winger village somewhere in or near Grasslands. Or maybe he's been at Budehuc since before the startings of Suikoden III, who knows.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Landis is six years younger than Sid, so I would guess they're not the same.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohh in the big army battle modes in Suikoden 2, I loved Choco. His ability to fly over walls I believe was insainly usefull. Expeically in the last battle, were I think all you have to do is infiltrate the enemy city. I acutally never noticed you could do that till later, but it was amazingly useful. ^^

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't even know you could fly over walls until just now when you said it. That is pretty useful especially if you are rushed trying to finish the clive and elza subquest. I think am going to have to experiment with it. I mainly used Chaco in the battle to save Ridley. His combination with a person with calvary provided a quick help for a chance to save him.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, yeah, that is useful. I never thought Sid and Landis were the same. But considering the Pesmerga/ Yuber phenomena I wouldn't be surprised. I doubt the wingers have much importance in the story but anyone who joins randomly and for no apparent reason-and claims to be close friends with the grim reaper has got to be some sorta cool.

But most of all I enjoy their character designs. I know I know, I'm supremely superficial...I can't help it.

Atavaka

Werewolf Brigade

Location: Fort Retto, which just got a Senseo Cappucino Maker ^_^
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aren't Sid and Landis supposed to be related? I could've sworn I read somewhere that they were cousins.

Anyways, I like wingers, too, and feel that they don't get enough love in the Suikoden community. I realize a lot of people don't like their village theme song and get annoyed by Chaco, but they're still a pretty neat race. And they're much more central to the plot of Suikoden II than Pesmerga, who basically had almost zero effect on the storyline besides his position a star.

Wingers are great and the scythe Landis uses is a perfect weapon for them. His character design was neat, despite his rather superficial (see nonexsistent) background.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sid is related to Landis? Well, that ain't a surprise. They have the same "i'll eat you up!" personality. So it wouldn't really shock me at all...

I also love the Wingers. They are useful in battle especially in Suikoden 2. When using Chaco in the war, you'll be able to save time and go thru anyobstacle. I can't seem to understand how his ability works though... Will he carry each soldier over the wall? *thinks*

Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wingers are actually one of the few non-human races in Suikoden I like. Probably because they are like the dregs of society in the Suikoworld.

Hope we get to see more Winger villages in the future, or at least more Wingers.

CHAAAAACO, I'm Going to EAT you!! XD

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehehe... Now you're imitating Sid.

What's really intresting about them is the culture that they have. Other than the kobolds, mermaids and nay-kobolds, they are aone of the races that i empathize with. They look like they are those in the community that are experiencing poverty but they have ways to survive. That's why i like them. They neer really give up...

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is the winged guy in Suikoden 3 related or from the same tribe as chaco and sid?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Landis is indeed Sid's cousin.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: