Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what area of na nal do you get ugestu ??? ( spoiler )
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: what area of na nal do you get ugestu ??? ( spoiler ) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have been to na nal so many times and i have yet to locate ugestu ,what area of na nal 's harbor is he located,
like is he by the ocean or by the tower behind the trading shop.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you first have to recruit Rita for him to appear, but I AM NOT 100% SURE. Usually I recruit Rita, then I walk down to the shore and he's there. He should be standing on the dock off to the side (where the guy who sells you that trading tip stands).

Maybe someone else can confirm this. I haven't had any problems recruiting Ugetsu.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't had any problems recruiting Ugetsu either. He appears right in front of the Trading Shop. I think you have to wait until Axel joins you for him to appear. Either that or when you first supposed to visit Na-Nal to have Na-Nal join forces with you.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read that he appears after you retake Obel, and that's when he showed up for me; my first visit to the island following retaking Obel was when I first saw him, so I'm going with that as the trigger until I see other evidence.
maverick

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I had to sail into the harbor to get him you could try that.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Harukaze, I got him a lot earlier than after retaking Obel so I don't think that might be the trigger.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got him soon after I got my stronghold (and before I went to the Nest of Pirates). Like I said, I recruited Rita and then he appeared. I'm sticking with that as the trigger. BAH! :)

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, damn. I went with when the guide said, and it worked, so I dunno ^_^ I hope this doesn't turn into another Pilika thing. Specially since he's such a minor character.

Rita is who, again? The tile game girl? Hm. I don't see the connection, but I can't actually refute that, as it stands....
Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugetsu is in front of the trading shop.
omae no kaasan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was holding off but this is just too much. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH NA NAL IN MY GAME!!!!!!!??????

The fisherman has NOT ONCE shown his face. I just freed Obel AND STILL NOTHING! This is preventing me from getting several other characters.

Not only that, but with Reinbach in my party I can't even get a scene to come up on the beach to save the girl! What the bloody hell is going on? These were never listed as 'missable' characters so what's the deal? Do I need to talk to someone? Do I need to sell my soul? I'm not going to play through again just to get like 4 stars I missed because my game is funky.

Can anyone either sympathize or help please?

BTW, new members not being able to make a topic is a real nuisance.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if reading the posts above didn't help you, I'm not sure what else to say. Ugetsu SHOULD appear after you complete a certain trigger--what that exact trigger is, I do not know. For me, I played the game through twice, and he appeared right after I recruited Rita. Maybe you're not looking in the right spot for him? He should be directly in front of the trade shop when you enter the island, standing on the dock. Oh, maybe try exiting and entering the island by boat instead of by Viki? Maybe that has something to do with it too? :| I'm sorry my friend, but that's all I can suggest to you.

Oh, and new members have to make exactly 1 post (which you just did) in order to make new topics. ;) Welcome to the boards!

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm no expert in this Ugetsu thing, but if a certain character doesn't show up, your best bet is that you probably would have to recruit more characters. Not saying that it's definitely the answer, but if you could recruit other characters but haven't, then it might be your problem. Who knows if Ugetsu's appearance trigger is "must have recruited X characters"

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

omae no kaasan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Maybe you're not looking in the right spot for him? He should be directly in front of the trade shop when you enter the island, standing on the dock. Oh, maybe try exiting and entering the island by boat instead of by Viki?

Definitely the right spot. Did that with the ship too. For an hour.

Quote:
Not saying that it's definitely the answer, but if you could recruit other characters but haven't, then it might be your problem.

Good idea but I've recruited every other character in the game except him, the characters associated with getting him, the girl on the beach and of course Snowe >_<
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did you get Snowe if you didn't get Ugetsu?

Edit: Yeah, the wording threw me off a bit there.

Last edited by Cedric on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
except him, the characters associated with getting him, the girl on the beach and of course Snowe >_<

He said, except the following. So, like, he means he doesn't have Snowe, Shiramine and Millay.

A common thing to 'trigger' Star of Destiny appearances is to leave the island via Rakgi not the Blinking Mirror and to sail to the harbour manually rather than using Viki. The 'trigger' for causing a Star to appear is contained within the command code for entering a town via your ship more often than not. There may also be a small degree for randomness so if that doesn't work, simply keep trying.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: