Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

First Battle with Troy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forgive me for Hijacking this topic, but I figured it's ok since It's been solved.

Can anyone give tips on how to beat that lousy angel hairball that holds the Golden Hammer? I'm trying to beat him BEFORE getting the headquarters, so I can have the golden hammer before leaving.

I'd rather not use any cheat devices because the last time (second in all) through the game, Lilin didn't register as one of my recruited Stars of Destiny despite the fact that I got her sisters. I couldn't get Snowe because of this and I found out much later in the game after liberating Obel. This was without a cheat device, so I can only imagine how bad things would get if I used Codebreaker or something similar.

Any Hints? Suggested Parties, Runes? (Remember, this is a New + Game)

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have any characters with level 4 magic attacks, that worked well for me. But the was after returning to Obel after its liberation. I used the magic combinations.

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it would be mighty difficult to win before liberating Obel. YOu could try to get a bunch of stat increasing stones in random battles or play throught the game over and over and stock up your stones each time. You should probably use Paula and Keneth in the fight. Those seem to be the best. (my opinion) If you picked someone else, make sure to equip a lightning rune.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the playing through the game over and over again is just rediculous EG. That would defeat the entire point of even trying to do Ced is atempting.

I know that those hairballs like to use lightning attacks so having a lightning amulet or some lightning absorbing armor wouldn't hurt. I don't know if you can get it that early in the game though. Lucky for you the Angle Hairball only has 3000 HP. I really don't know what else you could do besides have people with the highest lightning spells available to them in your party.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you can buy lightning amulets at that point. Make sure to use rush. It is not much damage, but it is better not forgotten.
Soria

The Plateau Wolves

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While they do only have 3000 HP, their defense and magical defense are both extremely high. Its physical defense being around 300 and its magical defense being around 150. Even when I beat after the Obel liberation, with my team in the mid 50's to low 60's their attacks and magic only did about 1/3 to 1/2 of their normal damage amounts.

"If somebody's trying to shut you up, sing louder and, if possible, better."
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paula and Keneth are your best bet as you won't be able to deal enough damage to make it worthwhile. I suggest Chiepoo for your fourth party member, because he's decently fast. Give him, if you're in a new game plus, the Magic Canceller and Thunder Rune. You'll need to be around level thirty (Higher if you're not in a new game plus), and have a lot of Jizo Clocks. Put Chiepoo on revival duty, and have Paula, the Hero and Keneth blast it with magic. It takes a lot of luck, and you may have to attempt it multiple times, but it is possible.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: