Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NCAA Bowl games 06-07
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seriously... How can ANYONE applaud the current system, when all it does it create controversy... Why don't you consider this... In Division I-AA football, there's practically no money involved (at least not in comparison to I-A)... And how do they decide the champion...?

A 16-team playoff system.

And is there controversy, whining, complaining about the Division I-AA National Champion...? Of course not, because everyone who can claim they're the best team in the nation has a shot at proving it, that way... By knocking off all challengers on their way.

And here's ANOTHER one for ya... Does anyone whine about March Madness...?

Nope. Not unless you don't like basketball, and don't want to hear about it anyway... The fact of the matter remains. Any TRUE football fan wants to see a playoff system to end the controversy. The only people that don't are the rich pieces of shit who already have their money tied up in the bowls, and stupid University Presidents that don't even watch football, and SOMEHOW claim that this playoffs would cut into schooling, which (again) is a crock of shit.

Even if Oklahoma wins big, OSU wins big, and USC somehow beats Michigan... The controversy and the problem won't end. Sure, almost nobody would contend that OSU is the best, but what if Wisconsin wins...? There's another 1-loss team that says they got snubbed, and Louisville could say that too, if they end up winning. Sure, I won't argue OSU being the best, but all these critics and whiners that everyone is so sick of hearing will FINALLY shut the fuck up when there is a playoff system. (That is anyone who SHOULD be able to complain will shut up... Some will always whine, but their numbers and legitimacy will SERIOUSLY drop off.)

And folks, isn't that reason enough to trash the current system?

FYI, I know the BCS bullshit will almost certainly last until 2010, but some university presidents are finally standing up (Florida) and saying that the BCS is wrong, and their schools want no part in it. So, with any luck, the torch will be carried to the majority of the other big schools, and by the time the contracts are up... The BCS will give way to an NCAA tournament... The way it should be.

One last thing... I agree with Florida being put in the championship matchup, because they won the SEC, and Michigan didn't win the Big Ten. There are FAR more reasons to place Florida in the game than Michigan, not the least of which all the bitching that would result from a rematch. I'm not complaining about Michigan not being there. I'm just saying that there needs to be a playoffs, and all the trash that Urban Meyer was saying at the polls would HAVE to be backed up, if there was a playoffs... The way it should be.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Seriously... How can ANYONE applaud the current system, when all it does it create controversy... Why don't you consider this... In Division I-AA football, there's practically no money involved (at least not in comparison to I-A)... And how do they decide the champion...?

I don't think many people are applauding it. Accepting it would probably be a better word.

One of the questions I do have about the playoff system is, how would it work? I don't pay any attention to DII at all, so yeah... How many games would be played in the regular season? And how would you decide who makes it? And how many teams? 16? Is that fair? It extends the season too long.

Would the games be reverted to home vs away games? With the better team having homefield advantage through out (how would that be determined)? And what about the fans? What if the bowls didn't revert to a homefield advantage type of situation? I think they would have to for it all to work. The seats won't be able to continue filling up, because fans can't travel every single week to watch their team continue play.

Maybe a situation can be set up where all bowl games would remain intact. Except the top 16 (8?) who would be in the playoffs and then a champion could be determined. But the controversy of who gets in would still remain. Any ideas?
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Seriously... How can ANYONE applaud the current system, when all it does it create controversy...

You obviously didn't even read my post. Let me repeat myself.

"Not that I don't think there would be potentially more interesting matches (although it doesn't help March Madness many years), or that I think there would be more legitimacy to the system (although not less controversy), but because I'm sick of hearing everyone and their dog complain about the damn system. "

Does is say "I like the BCS"? No. Does it say "I think the BCS is a good system"? No.

Read it this time. It says I'm tired of hearing all the BCS whining. It says the more I hear it, the more I hate it. It says I want to hear about the games, not about how every sports analyst has come up with some "novel" idea, that being a playoff. I wouldn't mind an 8 team playoff (I think a 16 would lead to the regular season being worse), but I'm tired of hearing every sports writer complain about the BCS, taking whatever arguments everyone else has already expanding on, rather than doing real writing and analyzing.

When 2009 rolls around, everything is going to be drudged up again. Before the bowls begin each season, everyone is going to scramble about who goes where. In 2009, we'll see it all drudged out like a Jerry Springer episode. When that happens, fine, but I don't want to hear it every quarter of every game that is shown on television, regardless of if it's a BCS caliber team or not.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Why don't you consider this... In Division I-AA football, there's practically no money involved (at least not in comparison to I-A)... And how do they decide the champion...?

Why don't you consider this, I don't care. I know that Div. I-AA has a playoff system. That doesn't mean I want to hear BCS whining.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
And is there controversy, whining, complaining about the Division I-AA National Champion...? Of course not, because everyone who can claim they're the best team in the nation has a shot at proving it, that way... By knocking off all challengers on their way.

Yes, people do complain. I'm sure if I wanted to find it, I could without much problem. Div. I-AA just isn't covered.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
And here's ANOTHER one for ya... Does anyone whine about March Madness...?

Nope. Not unless you don't like basketball, and don't want to hear about it anyway... The fact of the matter remains.

You must have been living under a rock, either that or smoking from a very special stash.

YES People do whine about March Madness. They whine every year. People whine about how certain brackets are obviously easier than others. They whine how the big-6 conferences get the majority of the at large bids. Many wanted the tournament to change to benefit mid-majors more. They complain when a 3 or 4 loss team gets left out for a more traditional team. Dick Vitale made a big deal about how the teams in the Final Four should be reseeded to make the best matchups. Every bubble team who gets left out for the NIT complains, they complain about how teams schedule matches against St. Mary's Episcopal School early season to get easy wins. They complain about everything, you just obviously aren't paying attention.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Any TRUE football fan wants to see a playoff system to end the controversy. The only people that don't are the rich pieces of shit who already have their money tied up in the bowls, and stupid University Presidents that don't even watch football, and SOMEHOW claim that this playoffs would cut into schooling, which (again) is a crock of shit.

Any TRUE football fan should want to hear more about the game and less holier-than-thou announcer crap about the system. They should care more about their team getting credit, rather than

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Even if Oklahoma wins big, OSU wins big, and USC somehow beats Michigan... The controversy and the problem won't end. Sure, almost nobody would contend that OSU is the best, but what if Wisconsin wins...? There's another 1-loss team that says they got snubbed, and Louisville could say that too, if they end up winning. Sure, I won't argue OSU being the best, but all these critics and whiners that everyone is so sick of hearing will FINALLY shut the fuck up when there is a playoff system. (That is anyone who SHOULD be able to complain will shut up... Some will always whine, but their numbers and legitimacy will SERIOUSLY drop off.)

Bull. They won't shut up if there is a playoff system. There will always be a Wisconsin, every year, a team that doesn't get in but has a legitimate claim that they should be. The legitimacy won't end. If anything, you'll see more big name teams playing weaker non-conference schedules because all they have to do is finish in the top 8 or 16, which they can do on name-recognition alone. There won't be less legitimacy to complaints, that's a load of crock. Numbers? There may be less among the top 8 or 16 teams (depending on how many are in the playoff), but there will be far more among the bubble teams, among the teams one, two, three, four and five spots out of it. There will be just as many from smaller conference schools who think they are getting jobbed.

Your entire premise rests on there being a decrease in controversy, which I find ridiculous.

And if Wisconsin wins, big deal. They can complain more about the automatic bids given to the Big 10 than anything else. If they were in a playoff system, we'd see Oklahoma with a legitimate excuse to complain, or Penn State, or whatever team would be left out.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
FYI, I know the BCS bullshit will almost certainly last until 2010, but some university presidents are finally standing up (Florida) and saying that the BCS is wrong, and their schools want no part in it. So, with any luck, the torch will be carried to the majority of the other big schools, and by the time the contracts are up... The BCS will give way to an NCAA tournament... The way it should be.

You know why they are standing up? Because they think they're team is getting jobbed. They are going to go with whatever system benefits them, and they may say they want no part in it, but their tunes will change the minute they get offered the $15 million check. They're spinning, nothing more.

They aren't standing up because they think the system is unfair, they want their athletic departments to take home $15 million in the vain and uninformed belief that it will benefit the university as a whole.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
One last thing... I agree with Florida being put in the championship matchup, because they won the SEC, and Michigan didn't win the Big Ten. There are FAR more reasons to place Florida in the game than Michigan, not the least of which all the bitching that would result from a rematch. I'm not complaining about Michigan not being there. I'm just saying that there needs to be a playoffs, and all the trash that Urban Meyer was saying at the polls would HAVE to be backed up, if there was a playoffs... The way it should be.

Or it could have been backed up if more teams played against opponents from other big conferences, by making sure they are more connected during the season so you aren't comparing apples and oranges in schedules. But that might lead to more losses, and the human element care more about how many losses than they do about how good the teams are.
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. I read your argument. I know you want to hear less whining... Frankly, you WILL hear less whining if and when there is a playoff system, and if you don't think so, than it's YOU who're living in a rock. People will have some complaints... But, there won't complaints about the system, it'd be analytical arguments about why such & such team is better than such & such.

As a true football fan, people should want to see the best matchups possible, and while the bowl system DOES provide this to some degree, it leaves all but the National Championship Bowl winner with a meaningless victory. Well, they're better than the team they beat, but what about the best?

Naturally people find things to complain about. I'm talking about scale, here. There are SO MANY teams in college basketball, which is why there are 64 teams going. EVERY CONFERENCE CHAMPION GOES. Even those horrid #16 teams that just get DEMOLISHED. Yeah, there are whiners on the bubble that have to settle for an NIT matchup, but they're delusional if they think they stand a SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL against the winner of the Final Four. Some brackets ARE tougher than others, but what the hell does that matter in the end?! IF YOUR TEAM IS THE BEST, THEY WILL KEEP WINNING... You know, barring bad calls or injuries... :P So, they whine that they weren't able to get as far as they did. Still, I'm talking about finding a TRUE #1 team, that has no controversy. There will be some regarding who makes the playoffs, as there is in March Madness, but those teams couldn't have beaten the National Champions, anyway. And as much as they may refuse to acknowledge it... Even the whiners know its true.

Also... If you don't care anyway, why are you arguing...? Consider that before you respond. You cooked up a long-ass argument for someone whose only point was, "You know what... I don't care about the system, I just want people to stop whining." Of course, that'll never happen, so perhaps you should instead refuse to read opinions on the matter, or get involved with arguments about the issue at hand. Because.... That's sort of what this forum is for. Arguing, voicing complaints, etc...

Continuing on, though... Florida, of all schools, knows they're NOT getting jobbed... Okay, maybe if they started campaigning for this change in the system during a year they DIDN'T go to the championship, but we all know they're getting the big break this year by playing OSU in the championship. Wake up and smell the coffee... Read what I'M writing before you claim that I'm not reading what you are.

And to figure out how it's worked. (My take on this, not how they'll really do it...) I think they need a hybrid system. Some bowls are for weaker teams, and the playoffs are for the top 16. If they're smart, they won't stop the computer ranking system for the top 16, which would mean that in order for a team to get in... They better add some "quality wins" to their regular season schedule. That should solve the "cake scheduling" problem. If you want to prove how good your team is, you better have them go against decent schools, so you don't get dicked by the computer.

And NATURALLY these games have to be played on a neutral field. Heck, call all seven games "bowls" if you like, it doesn't matter. What matters is that though, like all year, we'll still get to see decent games... Except that we'll see seven games that actually mean something. We're still only seeing a two-team playoff, which just isn't enough. Even if it was four, it'd be a million times better than it is now.

Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
No. I read your argument. I know you want to hear less whining... Frankly, you WILL hear less whining if and when there is a playoff system, and if you don't think so, than it's YOU who're living in a rock. People will have some complaints... But, there won't complaints about the system, it'd be analytical arguments about why such & such team is better than such & such.

Then you missed the point, because if you had gotten it, you wouldn't have claimed that I was applauding the BCS.

That said, if people are going to complain about March Madness, they will complain about any college football playoff. They will complain about how teams are ranked, they will complain about how tradition trumps actual talent, they will complain. It won't be about the BCS, but it will be about the rankings, which is still part of the system. I think it's inevitable that there will be complaints, because you're always going to have people who have legitimate gribes, regardless of how fair it is.

And that whole "YOU who're living in a rock" doesn't make sense, not because the phrase is supposed to be living under a rock, but because living under a rock means oblivious to what's going on, so while you've been oblivious to complaints about March madness, I'm more than well aware of the controversy that's going on, I just disagree that there would somehow be less, or that it would be any more analytical with a playoff system. We'll always see complaints, I just believe that we'll see it about both, which you seem to disagree with.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
As a true football fan, people should want to see the best matchups possible, and while the bowl system DOES provide this to some degree, it leaves all but the National Championship Bowl winner with a meaningless victory. Well, they're better than the team they beat, but what about the best?

If you are a true football fan, you shouldn't want the whining about the system to take over coverage of the actual game.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Naturally people find things to complain about. I'm talking about scale, here. There are SO MANY teams in college basketball, which is why there are 64 teams going. EVERY CONFERENCE CHAMPION GOES. Even those horrid #16 teams that just get DEMOLISHED. Yeah, there are whiners on the bubble that have to settle for an NIT matchup, but they're delusional if they think they stand a SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL against the winner of the Final Four.

That's why we play the game. Isn't it the point of a playoff that those who have played on that level deserve the shot?

And you've ignored the system complaints that I addressed, which is what people have wanted to change the system to do.

As for scale, you still have 119 teams in Division I-A in 11 conferences plus the four independents. Yes, that's less than the number of teams eligible for March Madness, but it's still

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Some brackets ARE tougher than others, but what the hell does that matter in the end?!

The exact same as playing in the Big East has against playing in the SEC.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
IF YOUR TEAM IS THE BEST, THEY WILL KEEP WINNING... You know, barring bad calls or injuries... :P So, they whine that they weren't able to get as far as they did. Still, I'm talking about finding a TRUE #1 team, that has no controversy. There will be some regarding who makes the playoffs, as there is in March Madness, but those teams couldn't have beaten the National Champions, anyway. And as much as they may refuse to acknowledge it... Even the whiners know its true.

First of all, can you say "upset?" Is Oregon State better than USC? Is UCLA? The claim that the team that is better always wins barring injury or bad call is flawed. On any given day, either team can win.

Every game has an element of luck in it, not just bad call and injury. When some teams go through pissant schedules to the final four, they remove that element of the game, while other team, who may be just as good, get knocked off.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Also... If you don't care anyway, why are you arguing...? Consider that before you respond. You cooked up a long-ass argument for someone whose only point was, "You know what... I don't care about the system, I just want people to stop whining." Of course, that'll never happen, so perhaps you should instead refuse to read opinions on the matter, or get involved with arguments about the issue at hand. Because.... That's sort of what this forum is for. Arguing, voicing complaints, etc...

I think you misunderstand me. I don't care about the system, I care that it's being discussed so much more than the actual games. I care that I can't watch Oregon State and Hawaii play, two teams that have no chance in hell of making it to the BCS, but still have to hear the announcers complain about the BCS. I care that there has been far more BCS complaining than there has been about any of the bowls. I think this thread is an ideal example of it.

If there were a thread only about how a potential playoff system worked, then I wouldn't bring this up. Odds are, I would join in in discussing how it should work. If there was a thread set apart for people to complain about the BCS, I may read it, but I wouldn't pay much attention to it. But that's not what this thread is supposed to be about. Instead, it has been become a thread about establishing a playoff system.

I think it's just as valid of a thing to bring up as your dislike of the system, and we are both certainly have the right to discuss it. If you don't like this fact, too bad.

Of course, I'm the pot calling the kettle black, because I have done just as much to derail this thread.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Continuing on, though... Florida, of all schools, knows they're NOT getting jobbed... Okay, maybe if they started campaigning for this change in the system during a year they DIDN'T go to the championship, but we all know they're getting the big break this year by playing OSU in the championship. Wake up and smell the coffee... Read what I'M writing before you claim that I'm not reading what you are.

I addressed everything you've said point by point, which I believe is indication enough that I have read what you've said. If I've misunderstood, feel free to point it out.

Florida, of all schools, knows that they were a few votes away from getting knocked out of the game. Had they not been at the center of the controversy, you can bet they wouldn't have spoken up.

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
If they're smart, they won't stop the computer ranking system for the top 16, which would mean that in order for a team to get in... They better add some "quality wins" to their regular season schedule. That should solve the "cake scheduling" problem. If you want to prove how good your team is, you better have them go against decent schools, so you don't get dicked by the computer.

If name recognition/tradition didn't play such a large part in all college football rankings, I would absolutely agree with you.

I agree that the ranking system should have a computer element, however, I don't think it solves the "cake scheduling" problem, because most of the computer systems use the human polls in their formula, directly or indirectly. The problem is that teams are still ranked well in the preseason, which more or less determines the quality of the wins. What ends up happening is that the name of your team can, barring some sort of catastrophic meltdown (re: Miami), can often be counted as a "quality win," even if it really shouldn't be. Hence, Notre Dame gets a few even though I don't think Weis has beaten a ranked team in his tenure.

What they should do is stop all rankings until the point which the BCS comes out. Every year you see a few teams in the top that fizzle out into a mediocre season. Every year you see a few teams that aren't ranked that turn into potential powerhouses. While I don't think it's feasible to prevent rankings until the end, if you postponed them, you might not have a situation like Auburn had in 2004, where they began so far out of the rankings that even a perfect season couldn't get them in. I think that this would help prevent teams from using their name rec. and high preseason rankings from carrying them to a top 8/16 finish.

Now, in a vain attempt to actually address the bowl games, I'll go through my predictions of the BCS bowl games, and maybe select other tames at different points.

Fiesta Bowl
Boise State vs. Oklahoma- Oklahoma was jobbed out of a win that would put them in the BCS talk. Boise State went undefeated, so they should have been in the discussion, but isn't in a BCS conference, so they wouldn't get in. Boise State has beaten Oregon State, who is ranked, and Hawaii, who was just prior to playing Oregon State, so you have two "big" wins to their name, and by big I mean two teams that you can't say suck on their own merits. Oklahoma has beaten several bowl teams. The big question is if Boise is really a legitimate team. If I were to place a bet, it'd be that they aren't, and that they should lose significantly to Oklahoma. I pick OU to win by 21.

Orange Bowl
Louisville vs. Wake Forest- The ACC sucks this year, and the Big East is slightly better. Louisville beat most Big East contenders and a Miami team that nearly lost to North Carolina. Wake has a similar resume, only against bad ACC teams. I like Louisville in this one, although not by much. I pick them to win by a TD.

Sugar Bowl
LSU vs. Notre Dame- As far as I'm aware, Charlie Weis hasn't beaten a ranked team in his career. I don't think he's going to start now. While LSU was doing well in the good SEC, Notre Dame was benefiting from being an independent, beating the armed forces teams on it's way to a bad schedule and an embarrassing (but so awesome) loss against Michigan, as well as one against USC. In case you can't tell by my hatred of ND, I pick LSU to win this one, and they will win by 14.

Rose Bowl
USC vs. Michigan- The game of the almost but not quite, can I say I think Michigan is the second best team in the nation? No, because I think Florida is a legitimate contender to that title. Do I think they are better than USC? Definately. USC hasn't been all that impressive, and they haven't been impressive in a bad conference. Michigan has been pretty good in a pretty good conference, and I think Michigan has several legitimate stars. USC has played multiple bowl teams, but they have lost to two teams they had no business losing to. I think USC can be competitive, but I think Michigan is going to win. Michigan by 10.

BCS Championship Game
Florida vs. Ohio State- I think Florida gets the tougher schedule bonus, although Ohio State beat all comers. I think this is a hard game to judge, because I think both teams are good enough to be national champions, but while Florida had tough games against good teams, Ohio State has dominated a a few good teams, but mostly teams not as good. However, I saw Florida make far more stupid mistakes, so I'm going with Ohio State to capitalize against it. Ohio State by 14.
Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I think you misunderstand me. I don't care about the system, I care that it's being discussed so much more than the actual games. I care that I can't watch Oregon State and Hawaii play, two teams that have no chance in hell of making it to the BCS, but still have to hear the announcers complain about the BCS. I care that there has been far more BCS complaining than there has been about any of the bowls. I think this thread is an ideal example of it.

I don't disagree. Anywho, my intent wasn't to start the whole Big 10 sos debate etc... But it does have some relevance to the bowls discussion though, considering how much it is always talked about.

As for the bowl predictions:

Fiesta Bowl

I have absolutely no legitmate argument for this game. I haven't paid all that much attention to either team. I just got a feeling Boise wins in a close game over the Sooners. 36-34 Broncos.

Orange Bowl

Wake Forest isn't even the best team in the ACC. Louisville stomps 42-10. (Wake Forest is purely a gimmick team, and that showed when their O was stomped by the much faster VT D). Lousville's D isn't at VT's level, but it is just as fast.

Sugar Bowl

I won't let my hatred of LSU get in front of my senses. Notre Dame has a great offense, but thats coupled with a weak schedule. LSU is a complete team when compared to the Irish. LSU wins 31-21.

Rose Bowl
Too much D from the Trojans. 20-17 over the Wolves. Unless that other team from the UCLA/Oregon state game shows up. They can't win with that offense. If that offense shows up, the wolves will win in a blow out. I'll stick with my first prediction right now.

BCS Champ

Will be a fun game to watch. Florida definitely has the talent and coaching to win. I like the setup with Leak and Tebow. OSU's a good team, but Gators win by three.

Really all of them are fun to watch. I've latched on to a new team to follow ever since Rutgers made the leap from bad to good. And that would be OHIO. Frank Solich has got something going in the mac. He's a better coach than callahan ever will be. Ohio should stomp southern miss. The MAC also got a great upcoming freshmen in the QB Lefevour from C.Michigan. He's only a freshmen and has been good ever since I saw him come in against BC, the first game of their year.

Other can't miss games for me:

VT VS Jawja- Peach Bowl

Purdue VS Maryland- Champ Sports- I'd rather see Purdue win... even if they're from the Big 10.

Ark vs Wisky- Capital One Bowl- I will enjoy seeing Wisconsin gettting knocked around. Mcfadden will dominate.

Gator Bowl- Down with WV
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I suppose this isn't the thread to discuss how terrible the BCS is... But, with a thread about the bowls, you can't really call it illegitimate to criticize the system in a thread like this.

Fiesta Bowl

I'll go with the assinine pick of Boise State over Oklahoma... Why? Because Oklahoma is a legitimate team, dispite losing to a Texas team that wasn't all that supurb as the season wound down... So why Boise State then? Because just because they're in the WACky, doesn't mean they totally suck, and it would open the eyes of many... Especially IF Florida wins. In all honesty, I'm expecting this game to be way closer than everyone thinks it will be. With that said, it should be decided by a FG.

Sugar Bowl

LSU ought to beat down ND... Even with those disgusting ass purple and yellow colors of theirs... Heck, you know what? Just for that reason alone, I'll pick Notre Dame to pull one out of their asses, even though LSU is definitely the better team. The best team doesn't always win, as was pointed out, and it's not as if LSU is unstoppable.

Orange Bowl

Should be dubbed the "Shitty Bowl." Seriously, how can they take a renowned game like the Orange Bowl and put two undeserving teams like these in there... Okay, okay, maybe Louisville deserves a BCS game, but to hell with... WAKE FOREST?! Yeah, that's a damn joke, and everyone knows it. Arkansas / Wisconsin ought to be a much better game than this, and as much as I'd love to see Wake pull a cinderella win out of it's ass... Louisville isn't THAT bad... And should win by a decent margin.

Rose Bowl

USC = Over-rated. Yeah, go put up nine against UCLA and come beat Michigan in it's favorite game? No. Not this year, not in a million years. I think Michigan will demolish USC, dismantle them, and take out their aggression and frustration at what they believe is a BCS snub. Maybe some of you want to see Michigan lose, but USC isn't the team to make it happen... Florida might've been, and hell LSU could possibly do it... Not USC. They don't have Reggie Bush and Matty Leinart anymore, and it's high time the damn media realized it.

BCS Championship

Florida all the way. Ohio State can suck the big one as far as I'm concerned, and even though they ARE a better team... As a Michigan fan, nothing is more gratifyinig than seeing Ohio State lose to ANYONE... Even if I'm not that big on Florida...

In all honesty, this should be terribly in OSU' favor... But, Florida CAN win... Just like Michigan could, if they were there... USC couldn't have, but hell... That's not the issue. Florida can, and hopefully they will. FUEL THE CONTROVERSY, GATORS!

Capital One Bowl
This matchup is BCS deserving. Both are great teams and will make a good showing for their conferences. I'm going with native Big Ten blood in Wisconsin here, but I know it'll be close either way. Arkansas / Wisconsin... Total toss up. Good game.

Peach Bowl
VT is ACC... ACC sucks this year. Georgia by default, even if they're not THAT good... VT couldn't even man up and edge out Wake Forest, for crying out loud...

Gator Bowl
WV could get edged out by Georgia Tech... I tend to think GT is pretty decent, and so COULD win... Hell, WV almost blew it to Rutgers, and that's just plain pathetic.

Samurai X

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow! What an end to the Boise/Oklahoma game. One of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. The Sooner comeback! The hook and ladder at 4th an 18! The statue of liberty to win the game when they didn't have to go for two! Simply amazing. What a call, what game! Boise's made a fan out of me.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sequence of plays was the most exciting I've ever seen in a football game, from OU's multiple two points to Boise going for it. It was easily the best bowl game of the season, and on par with the USC/UT game last year.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I can say to the Boise/OU game is OH MY GOD! I hadn't paid much attention to most of the game once it looked like the Sooners were going to get routed by the Broncos. But people in chat (major OU non-fans) kept cursing Boise for letting the Sooners back into the game in the 4th quarter. I finally turned the channel back to the Fiesta Bowl just in time for the Boise QB to throw that easy INT for a TD pass. I pretty much thought that the game was all done, until that hook-and-lateral play for 50 yards to end regulation.

I thought that play couldn't be topped until Boise decided to go for the win instead of a tie and moving onto the second round of OT. I think everyone except the Boise players and sidelines were fooled by that 2-point coversion play. Even when they showed the replay the hand-off to Ian Johnson still didn't seem real. Boise State's Chris Petersen's got a pair of stone and steel to go for the win instead of the high percentage PAT to tie.

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm. Good to see SEC completely dismantling all competition. Not that there is any surprise there though. Now it's time for my Gators to defeat OSU and shut all the doubters up.

Also Rose Bowl. USC WALLOPS Michigan. Thank you. Maybe now Michigan will stop all their whining. If Michigan put up so many points against OSU, maybe UF won't have as much trouble on offense as many people predict.

LSU will beat Notre Dame by at least 42. :wink:

Tostitos Bowl- With great games by Leak and Baker in their last game of their college career, a scary defensive performance by Reggie Nelson, and the electric plays of True Freshman standout Percy Harvin, UF should cruise to an easy 7 point win.

Well thats my dream anyway.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikoGator wrote:
Hm. Good to see SEC completely dismantling all competition. Not that there is any surprise there though.

Not ALL competition

Oklahoma State- 34
Alabama- 31

GO POKES!

Although the SEC has lost two other games (to have a 4-3 bowl record), neither of those matter all that much to me.

And for all the bitching about the Big East that people did, they're currently 4-0 in bowls with one game left to play. That's a better record than any other conference. I think that's saying something.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LSU: 48
Notre Dame: 14

Ok, so my 42 point margin of victory prediction was only a little off :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: