Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who is Zerase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I could be wrong, but didn't the SDS say that it had been in the cave for a thousand years or something like that? I suppose that it could've just said that to make itself seem more important, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that answer of Zerasse's long life can be answered if we asume that not only True Runes give immortality. Maby some of 'unique' runes do that too. And not to mention Crowly and Mazus.
Zerasse is obviously strong magician, beares strong unique rune, she knows Leknaat and Jeane who are there for a long long time.
I presume that Star rune is stronger from Dawn and Twilight, and by that it also lends more strenght via imortality (or perhaps just a loneger life than of a common human) and invulnerability.

I remember het saying something like 'Why was I choosen to0 do this'' or ''Why do I have to do this stupd quests''.

That would explain lot of things. Like the reason she's traveling. She's maby in some debt to Night rune (Zodiac sword) and now she's repaying it.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the halves of the Gate Runes give immortality, why can't the spin-off runes such as the Night Rune do so?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
Also do you not see a certain similarity in the personalities of the Star dragon sword and zerase?

I actually don't see any similarities whatsoever. Star Dragon Sword is a hot-headed and loud character. Zerase is more anti-social "leave me alone" kind of character. She wasn't loud by any means, and her 'anger' had always been reasonable from her point of view (such as being angry because she believes that only those worthy should bear Twilight Rune and Alenia wasn't considered as worthy, therefore Zerase was angry at Alenia). On the other hand, Star Dragon Sword got angry merely because trivial things like the way Viktor talked. There is a big difference between the personalities between the two characters in my opinion.

Bright Shield Rune bearer wrote:
I think that answer of Zerasse's long life can be answered if we asume that not only True Runes give immortality.

Unfortunately, this is something that will be very difficult to accept because a rune as powerful as Bright Shield Rune (oops! just realized that it's your username too, just coincidence really) and Black Sword Rune did not grant immortality.

Also, if powerful runes can give immortality, it would diminish the importance and power of True Runes. I personally would prefer that such thing can only be given by the True Runes and not any other runes.

Wes wrote:
Well the halves of the Gate Runes give immortality, why can't the spin-off runes such as the Night Rune do so?

That's because halves of the Gate Rune are actually True Runes too. Think like a cup of coffee being split into 2 cups of halves. They're still coffee. So therefore, they still give immortality.

However, "spin-off" runes are not True Runes. They're not coffee, they might be the coffee beans, they might be the hot water, they might be the sugar, they might be the milk, but they are not coffee itself. That's why they don't give immortality.

----

And now that I think about Zerase some more, I actually remember having the impression that I thought she could be a Night Rune bearer once upon a time in the past. Maybe she became ageless as she bore Night Rune, and then kept the agelessness (or simply ageing significantly slower than normal people) by bearing the Star Rune (which I think as lower tier of Night Rune).

To me, the important thing about Zerase is always back to her idea of "You must be worthy to be chosen by the rune". Normal runes don't get to choose, so we're strictly talking about "stronger runes". Stronger runes refer to Twilight Rune, Dawn Rune, and the 27 True Runes (and possibly, the Star Rune too). In my opinion, Zerase must've been chosen by a strong rune too in the past.

Though on the flip side, it is possible that her stubborness with that concept came because she was actually rejected by a strong rune (maybe she was chosen by the Star Rune, but rejected by the Night Rune?).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And now that I think about Zerase some more, I actually remember having the impression that I thought she could be a Night Rune bearer once upon a time in the past. Maybe she became ageless as she bore Night Rune, and then kept the agelessness (or simply ageing significantly slower than normal people) by bearing the Star Rune (which I think as lower tier of Night Rune).

That's a good point, BP. I always thought about it this way. She might have borne the Night Rune some time in the past which explains her connections with the Star Dragon Sword/Night rune, and of her knowledge about the things from the past. She might have lost possession of the Night Rune when she showed up in Suikoden V.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
this is something that will be very difficult to accept because a rune as powerful as Bright Shield Rune (oops! just realized that it's your username too, just coincidence really) and Black Sword Rune did not grant immortality.

There's no direct evidence to prove if Signature Runes grant agelessness, as we don't know of any Rune Bearers who lived long enough for us to know. The examples of the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune are not too helpful for the above reason. Han and Genkaku sealed their Runes away in the Toto Shrine, allowing them to age, and Riou & Jowy ran off at the end of the game, and we don't know if they aged or not. Zerase gives a possibility of Signature Runes granting agelessness, but, as a powerful magician like Crowley and Mazus, it may only be her runic power that keeps her ageless. So, frankly, we really don't know.

As for Zerase being the Night Rune, I find that pretty unlikely. Seeing how the Zodiac Sword was meant to have been in the Cave of the Night for centuries, and how rumors of a great weapon turned into legend in the Warrior's Village, I don't think the sword was only there for six years.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There's no direct evidence to prove if Signature Runes grant agelessness, as we don't know of any Rune Bearers who lived long enough for us to know. The examples of the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune are not too helpful for the above reason. Han and Genkaku sealed their Runes away in the Toto Shrine, allowing them to age, and Riou & Jowy ran off at the end of the game, and we don't know if they aged or not. Zerase gives a possibility of Signature Runes granting agelessness, but, as a powerful magician like Crowley and Mazus, it may only be her runic power that keeps her ageless. So, frankly, we really don't know

Well it is official information from Konami that Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune both did not grant any True Rune traits such as immortality. So I guess that's as official as you can get. Konami also mentioned that Back Gate and Front Gate both grant immortality to Leknaat and Windy.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
Quote:
There's no direct evidence to prove if Signature Runes grant agelessness, as we don't know of any Rune Bearers who lived long enough for us to know. The examples of the Bright Shield Rune and the Black Sword Rune are not too helpful for the above reason. Han and Genkaku sealed their Runes away in the Toto Shrine, allowing them to age, and Riou & Jowy ran off at the end of the game, and we don't know if they aged or not. Zerase gives a possibility of Signature Runes granting agelessness, but, as a powerful magician like Crowley and Mazus, it may only be her runic power that keeps her ageless. So, frankly, we really don't know

Well it is official information from Konami that Bright Shield Rune and Black Sword Rune both did not grant any True Rune traits such as immortality. So I guess that's as official as you can get. Konami also mentioned that Back Gate and Front Gate both grant immortality to Leknaat and Windy.
Yeah, since Black Sword and Bright Shield were not forcibly split from the Rune of Beginning as the Back Gate and Front Gate were.

And for those still wondering about the Night Rune and the Star Rune, Levi confirmed the connection in one of his suggestion box mails. And there's no way for her to be the Zodiac Sword since she wished that the Sword of Night was with her at one point of the game, but then there's that little detail of every Tenkan Star before her bearing a True Rune.

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if you accept the Tue Runes as Tarot theory, she may be a True Rune bearer. The Star is a card (#17) that is placed right before the Moon and Sun cards (#18 and 19).

Bloody Mage

567 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just make sure. Zerase's Rune is not a true rune? I thing that she hold Star Rune....

In my opinion, she is the guardian of Sun, Twilight and Dawn rune.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

psylo wrote:
Just make sure. Zerase's Rune is not a true rune? I thing that she hold Star Rune....

That's correct. The Star Rune is a unique rune borne from the Rune of the Night but is not itself a True Rune.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
And though this is just assumption, I have a feeling that Star Rune is somewhat related to Night Rune just like Twilight/Dawn Rune to Sun Rune.

I am about 90% sure that Zerase or some other character(possibly Levi) states that the Star Rune is a "child of the Night Rune" or something along those lines. It's been a while since I played the game, so I could be a bit off, but that line always hops into my mind when I think of the Star Rune's connection to the Night Rune.

As for Zerase being an incarnation of the Night Rune, it just doesn't sound right to me. I mean, I doubt the Star Dragon Sword would just turn into a human just to go to Falena, especially considering that it left the Sun Rune because it "became annoyed by the dazzling brilliance of the Sun Rune". I somehow doubt the Night Runa would change its mind a pay Falena a visit.

And concerning Zerase, I think she's just a kind of "powerful wizard" as someone mentioned before, not unlike Crowley and Leknaat(if she didn't have her half of the Gate Rune).
crushedvelvet

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Zerase is an incarnation of the Night Rune, more like a servant or representative.

She has the Star Rune right? What if when the Night Rune left Falena it not only left the Twilight and Dawn Runes but also the Star Rune and it's bearer Zerase, who would take on the task of watching over the Runes and ensuring the Sun Rune remained stable.

That's why we've never seen her before in any of the other games. Because she is spiritually tied to the Sun Rune and Falena.

There are probably others like her around the rest of the world and Jeane is possibly a servant of Leknaat's another member of the 'Rune Guardian Sisterhood'. That would be why they know each other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zerase is one of those annoying Suikoden cliches that seem to be ridiculously important to the storyline, but at the same time nothing is known about them.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you see the bath scene involving Zerase, Nikea and Bernadette, Zerase does seem to be a vampire:

[quote]Bernadette: Nikea... Did you notice?
Nikea: Huh? Notice what?
Bernadette: Her skin... It was so white...
Nikea: Yeah, does she EVER step out in the sun? I mean...
what?
Nikea: How warm is this water? Why wasn't she flushed --
at ALL?
Nikea: Oh! Um... You... You're not trying to say she's... No,
no way! That's... No way!
Bernadette: And remember? She said, "What do you think I am?"
"What," not "Who"...
Nikea: Ooh, I'm getting chills...[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: