Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

when and how did georg get his eye patch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: when and how did georg get his eye patch? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My question loud and clear when and how did he get his eye patch? he didnt have one in Suikoden II and I was kind of suprised when I saw he had one in Suikoden V
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he got it before suikoden 5 after a battle. he was to cocky and got his eye damange. he kept the patch on to remind himself not to be cocky in battle.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We also know that Ferid saved his life at that point.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
he got it before suikoden 5 after a battle. he was to cocky and got his eye damange. he kept the patch on to remind himself not to be cocky in battle.

To elaborate, fighting alongside respected friend, Ferid Egan, presumably in or around the Island Nations Federation, prior to the year 446. During a particularly fierce battle, Georg made the error of lowering his guard on his left side, allowing an enemy soldier to inflict damage to his eye.

Although Georg's life, as well as his eyesight, was saved by Ferid's quick intervention, following the incident, Georg took to wearing an eye patch over his left eye, to remind himself of the price of overconfidence in battle.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg wore that eye patch from that point on, during the War of Succession and all the way through the Falenan Civil War. After that... he just stopped wearing it.

Desert Claw

297869 Potch
75 Soldiers
1196 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masa wrote:
Georg wore that eye patch from that point on, during the War of Succession and all the way through the Falenan Civil War. After that... he just stopped wearing it.

can i ask why he stop use it?

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

k4in, if I remember correctly, at the end of Suikoden V, Georg throws it into the Feitas when he reveals to the Hero (and Lyon, depending on the choices you've made) he doesn't really need it.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to clarify what Sophita said to an unecessary extent, he decided he didn't need his eyepatch anymore because he realised that the cockiness of his youth had disapated. He didn't need the reminder. Probably because of all he went through during the war.

Although, it does seem like something they added to amend a mistake. Georg was probably meant to have his eyepatch in Suikoden II. Although, the Art Director did change between Suikoden I and II, so it was probably due to that.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
k4in, if I remember correctly, at the end of Suikoden V, Georg throws it into the Feitas when he reveals to the Hero (and Lyon, depending on the choices you've made) he doesn't really need it.

he didn't throw it into the fetis river, he threw it into the ceras lake after they restored the water level to the lake to cover the sindar castle.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He threw it into an unidentified body of water because he had fulfilled his promise to Ferid, not because of the cockiness or anything else. It was because he repayed a debt to Ferid by guarding his children.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it wasn't an unidentified body of water, since they were by the ceras lake right by the edge of the cliff, well you should be able to imagine that it went into the ceras lake.

Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deffinatly ceras lake, Georg was asking Frey if he was sure he wanted to submerge the castel, after giving the nodd Georg threw the patch into the lake, much to the shock of Lyon and Frey.
Drago

Unknown Warriors of Kooluk

500 Potch
2 Soldiers
13571 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So Suikoden II takes place after Suikoden V, that is one other thing that confused me, Konami keeps making these games in different orders, its kinda confusing to me but thanks for telling me.
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah im not sure how long but i think its somewhere in the region of 3-5 before suikoden I, the timeline has more details on that though. I do agree with the theory of it beng a Konami patch up, which seems a shame really, that eye patch was damn cool
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V takes place in the years 449-450. That means the game begins six years before the start of Suikoden I (Which starts in 455 and lasts until 457) and ends five years before it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: