Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden IV Lineage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Extremely doubtful, if Stallion was half-elf, his family and him would most probably be outcasted and not be allowed to live amonst other elves. Saying that that could have been the reason he was in prison when you first meet him is unlikely.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice new avatar, Gaara. Lunar 2?

Anyway, here I cannot agree with you more wholeheartedly. Just because both of them were born with the Godspeed Rune doesn't mean they're related. It's an entirely coincidental thing. I also agree strongly that half elves, if they can even exist in such a setting, are going to be outcast from their homes. The racial divisions between elves and humans are, for the most part, fairly rock solid; neither side accepts the other openly. And while it's possible an elf and a human could have fallen in love, that previous fact prevents the product of their coupling to exist freely in either world.

*hums a few lines from Cher's "Half Breed"*
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the avatar is from Lunar 1.

Also since elves live much longer than humans do, it is quite possible for Stallion's parents to be alive during the setting of Suikoden IV which would make him directly half-elf, which strongly indicates you wouldn't even find him anywhere close to the Elven Tree. We can also sense the hostility towards humans from Sylvina's father, the chief of the elves so it's highly likely that even in Suikoden, half-elves are looked down upon.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isn't that Royce's Bromide (a picture from Lunar 1). Royce was one of the bad guys, but this isn't the correct forum to be talking about that.

Anyways, I don't think elves would live over 150 years. We don't know the average life expectancy for people in the Suikoden world, so we have no idea how much older elves tend to live to then humans. However, since some SODs from the Suikoden series were from 60-80 years old, so that can give us a clue based on that.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not saying that Stallion's parents were most definetly alive during the events of both Suikoden I and IV, but say Elves could live to at least 80 years of age or so, even if Stallion's parents weren't alive during the events of Suikoden I, they would be able to live long enough to somewhere along those periods. Stallion isn't that young anyways, he seems to be in his teen years and being an elf, he could possibly be even much older than that.

And yes, that is Royce's bromide from Lunar 1.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:

IS 419
Adlai, Stallion, Tetsu, Marie, and Lester are born.

IS 422
Brass Castle is completed.

Antonio, Gijimu, Kirkis, Kwanda Rossman, Giovanni, and Kraze are born.

IS 453
Odessa Silverberg forms the Liberation Army. The Gate Rune Wars (Liberation Wars) Start.

Barts and Fred are born.
IS 454
Lilly Pendragon, Jacques, Rhett, Muto, and Chris Lightfellow are born.
IS 455
The Rebel's Hideout at Lenankamp is attacked by the Imperial Army and the Liberation Army was destroyed. Odessa Silverberg dies in this attack. The Liberation Army is reformed soon at the "Old Fortress of Lake Toran" with the son of Teo McDohl as the leader.

Pilika, Makumaku, Mikumiku, Mukumuku, Mokumoku, Mekumeku, Wilder, and Shizu are born.
IS 456
By the strategy of Mathiu Silverberg, Tinto and Southwindow occupy the northern area (Senan) of the Scarlet Moon empire.

Landis is born.
IS 457
The son of Teo McDohl leads the Liberation Army to victory. The Scarlet Moon Empire is destroyed and the Toran Republic is formed. The first President is Lepant.

Juan, Edge, Sarah, Nei, Goro, and Scott are born.

Crediting the quote to SARSadmin, since I think he wrote this timeline. Anyway, Stallion is in fact much older than his teens by GS1. This, in my opinion, lends great creedance to the idea the elves live longer than humans, given that I agree with Gaara's assertation that Stallion "seems" to be like a teenager. Kirkis, likewise a "young" elf, is only a few short years younger than Stallion. I forget the third elf's name, otherwise I'd include her birthyear in this as well.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The elves Harukaze left out.
SARSadmin wrote:
IS - 415: Kasim Hazil, Teo McDohl, and Rubi were born.

IS - 450: Gabocha, Gau, Samus, Percival Fraulein, Franz, Mike, Yumi, Roland Lesaurus, and Tuta were born.

I think me and Harukaze proved our point of how Stallion and Cedric can't be related unless Cedric is actually an elf.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Feels good when we find proof for something, huh? :)

Anyway, I do wonder about it... just why -are- some people -born- with a Godspeed Rune? That just makes so little sense, I don't get it.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some people are just born with runes. How do you think the runes got there? Maybe when a rune is born of a true rune it means that the True Runes maybe radiate their own element(not just element but attribute) and the runes are kind of like cancer that is caused by radiation. As you may know, Sarah(from s3) was said to be born with a flowing rune so its not just limited to the Godspeed/True Holy Rune.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OptimisticPessimist

Dum Spiramus Tuebimur

84561 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there are lots of different elves. And Selma and Paula in Suikoden Iv being cast out means that there are actually more elves out in the Suikoden world than we think.

While only Cedric is linked to Stallion because of his propensity to "run", so-called.

But that link may be possible, since Stallion and Cedric both mention the True Holy Rune (NOT a True Rune).

... I'm sorta messed up at the moment. Anyone wants to continue?
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Paula has never even been to her village because her mother was cast out from there. As for Selma, she was cast out for helping the humans escape. We can sense the hostility towards the humans coming from the elves side and vice versa. In any case, Paula and Selma both returned to the Elven Tree by the end of the game.

OptimisticPessimist wrote:
While only Cedric is linked to Stallion because of his propensity to "run", so-called.

But that link may be possible, since Stallion and Cedric both mention the True Holy Rune (NOT a True Rune).

That doesn't say anything at all. I'll assume then just because Warlock had a Flowing Rune he must have been related to Sarah because she had a Flowing Rune. People having the same rune is not enough to justify that they are related.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the Godspeed rune is just one of those unique runes in the Suikoverse, like Champion's Crystals and Fortune Crystals and such. It's just incredibly rare. I think it's interesting that Cedric was born with the Godspeed rune, but to draw the conclusion that he is related (in whatever way) to Stallion is just foolish.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: