Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

First Daughter Barbara Robbed in Argentina

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: First Daughter Barbara Robbed in Argentina Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

November 21, 2006 3:14 PM

Bush sisters and First Daughter Barbara Bush had her purse and cell phone stolen as she had dinner in a restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina, even though she was being guarded by a detail of Secret Service agents, according to law enforcement reports made available to ABC News.

A Secret Service agent on the advance detail got into an "altercation" with someone after a night out and was badly beaten, according to the law enforcement reports. The Secret Service said today the incident was an attempted mugging that occurred while the agent was on his own time. The agent is doing fine.

First things first, it takes a manly man to beat a secret service agent, but I swear it wasn't me.

Secondly, here's the url with the whole article;it's the only one I could find in english but don'w worry it's not a hoax or anything.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/11/first_daughter_.html

It's been all over the news around here and the local police has already decided to give away some "special bodyguards" to solve this problem.
I find it funny they call the San Telmo neighbourhood pintoresque; during daytime it's like a street packed full with antiquaries, restaurants, and such; but at nightime it's pretty much a party zone, and it's not so safe. Much less safer if we have in mind it's not so far from "La Boca" (A pretty shady neighbourhood)
At any rate, you don't only need to be big in order to protect someone in a city with 11.000.000 freaking inhabitants, you require streetmarts which apparently these secret service agents lack, at least in Buenos Aires.

Thirdly, are they really seen like the "presidential clon" of Paris Hilton and the other chick? I think this is a bit blown out of proportion. I really found some of the comments in that blog quite funny; such as:

Quote:

Substitute "cell phone" for "Sidekick" and you might very well have another Paris Hilton adventure on your hands.

I think when the U.S. is finished in Iraq, they should send a task force into Argentina to recover the purloined handset and restore law and order to this fractured part of the world (tongue, meet cheek.)

Do you think there's a nuke program going on secretly under Buenos Aires?

No, we don't have a nuke program.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: First Daughter Barbara Robbed in Argentina Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
November 21, 2006 3:14 PM
At any rate, you don't only need to be big in order to protect someone in a city with 11.000.000 freaking inhabitants, you require streetmarts which apparently these secret service agents lack

Well it's kinda hard to carry around a streetmart while guarding someone. They're kinda heavy.

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Badum dum pssh!

I'm just amused that the world's most efficient and talented agents can't handle a petty thief that probably didn't had a clue of whom he was stealing from.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can just imagine that guy getting chewed out for this right now. No doubt someone will blame this on Bush though. "If he had trained his secret service better his family wouldn't be getting robbed." I know we're going to hear it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't matter if your a black belt something or other, if you're caught off guard, you'll get beat. I just can't believe that she only had one guard. It is a matter of national security for a member of the presidentail family to be kidnapped. If that happened, it would require us to remove the current president so the offending party wouldn't have a advantage when negotiating with our government. Oh and Futch, I know it wasn't you, Masa gave you a hand, didn't he?

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't make myself clear, sorry.

The girl was having dinner with some friends in a restaurant located in a plaza, this plaza is apparently known for its "safeness" (As I said earlier, this is bull) and she was surrounded by 5 special service dudes; and somehow a dude evaded all that, grabbed the purse and went unpunished.

The event of the guard getting beat up was in another context, in some club apparently.

I think the girl just lost the purse somewhere and is now blaming some phantom; she didn't even go to the police after the robbery, the local authorities realised of what happened because of CNN. Funny stuff.

Sclarlet wrote:
I can just imagine that guy getting chewed out for this right now. No doubt someone will blame this on Bush though. "If he had trained his secret service better his family wouldn't be getting robbed." I know we're going to hear it.

I beg the gods for this to happen, I would laugh until my stomach bursted. At any rate I'm angry their visit was secret; I'm only 3 miles away from that area; I would love to have the title of "The dude who hitted on bush's daughter" In my curriculum vitae. =)
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe the guy just did a run by? Oh, and I still say it was you and Masa... :no:

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it's rather serious now, the agents involved in the accident seem to have been fired? (I'm not sure of this, I don't really trust they got fired that easily)

What happened a few hours ago is that they both got kicked out of the hotel because of "disturbing the peace". They apparently enjoyed the nightlife way too much and couldn't just shut it. Shouting and partying at 3 am on a thursday isn't something that people that go to work in the morning take nicely. It's the second hotel they got kicked out in this last week and a half actually.

Spoiled brats. :no:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: