Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What games are you playing right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64 with a perfect game(all heart pieces, all masks and items), which finally puts me at ease because I hadn't played this game since I first got it, because I got frustrated in a dungeon and stopped playing years ago. I always wanted to get around to finishing it, so now that is checked off my list of things to do. :lol:

I'm thinking about going back to SO3 right now to play the game on the galaxy setting, or maybe back to Xenosaga II to beat the last bonus dungeon. I can't stand leaving loose ends on RPGs. :P
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently playing a number of games. Suikoden IV (New Game + owns my soul. :D), Devil May Cry, Kuon, and Star Ocean III.
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
Mengo

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

playing suikoden 2, again, on psx.

and One Piece Grand Battle : Rush, on gamecube.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater on the good old PlayStation 2.

I would be replaying Suikoden IV but someone I know damaged it beyond repair, and the only other copy available in the entire town has gone missing/been sold. So, like, that sucks major ass. I mean, Europe only got around four copies of the game in the first place.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently playing Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics, a somewhat hard to find turn-based strategy title on the Xbox. Most people call it "Advance Wars on steroids", which I find to be an accurate description-- the game has over 400 unit types, around 40 terrain types, six planes of play (deep sea, coastal sea, ground, low air, mid air, high air), maps use hexagonal grids, and fog of war is always on. This adds so many variables that it fries your brain. So awesome.

For the PS2, I've been whittling away at Dynasty Warriors 5. Maxed out Jiang Wei and Guan Ping (and obtained their respective final weapons), now working on Yue Ying.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually saw Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics on a site I frequently purchase my imports from Lebenengel, and since I usually enjoy all forms of TRPGs' and just basic Strategy games and if the game is even anything like Advance Wars that is on the Xbox then it should be pretty good. A game that has over 400 unit types has got to be good. How long do you think the game would be overall?

Anyhow here are the various games I am playing at the moment:

PSX: Grandia, Wild ARMS 2 and everynow and then Saiyuki: Journey West to fill my Strategy RPG needs.

PS2: Suikoden 4 (Some rare weird game I found floating in the ocean), Red Faction (Mostly because I want to play Red Faction 2 again but I decided to go through this game again because it is just such an excellent classic that still plays well and looks great to this day IMO). On occasion I am also playing Tekken 4 to see get me hyped for Tekken 5 which I should buy some time in the next few weeks.

XBOX: The Punisher (a nice Violent game, especially when you get rid of all the censorship's for interrogations and so on through trainers).

Yes I know that is quite a few games to be playing at once but that is just how I work if you have read my various other posts in this thread. I really like employing this method for RPG's because it prolongs their overall game time by which I mean the game lasts as long as it possibly can. I just hate it when a good game ends...so I take my sweet time.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just finished Xenosaga Episode II, great game, i really enjoyed it!

I am currently playing;

Suikoden IV (new game +)
Suikoden I (yeah i am going to play through them all again!)
The Bard's Tale (It has to be the funniest RPG i have played, so far that is)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (oh the memories *sings Sonic The Hedgehog tune*

And that is about it for now, Ys 6 The Ark of Napishtim is on the way so that will soon be added to the list.

Last edited by Goldy on Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goldmember, you have a copy of Suikoden 5? I want it. Come on I'll buy it from you. Unless you meant Suikoden 4. Then it isn't as interesting.

I have just recently beaten YS 5 and Phantom Brave. Both were fairly decent games. I'm now playing Growlanser 1 trying to get all of the CGs. I'm missing six or seven at the moment. I'm going to have to go through the game at least 4 more times in order to get all the endings. I'll be doing this until May 6th when I'll get several new games(Yay birthday).

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 3 (for the 1st time)

Leben wrote:

For the PS2, I've been whittling away at Dynasty Warriors 5. Maxed out Jiang Wei and Guan Ping (and obtained their respective final weapons), now working on Yue Ying.

I didn't even realise that was out yet? Is there any reason to get it if I am sick of DW4?

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used rerent Wild Arms 3 over and over again, so I finally decided to buy it used for 15 bucks. This was about 5 months ago though, and I just remembered and found it hidden in a stack of other games. :lol: Sooo I think I'll get around to finishing this one up as well.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moody_Mage wrote:
Suikoden 3 (for the 1st time)

Leben wrote:

I didn't even realise that was out yet? Is there any reason to get it if I am sick of DW4?

Well, what about the new characters? And different alterations? Other than that, there might not be any other reason to play DW5. But i got it just a few days ago. I like it. The opening had Zhao Yun as the main character :D . I hope that's a good enough reason for everyone to get it.

I thought it was interesting that you start off with most of the characters instead of just three. Like, when you start off with Musou Mode in Shu, the starting characters there are Zhao Yun, Ma Chao, Huang Zhong, Xia Cai (or whatever was the name of that cute spear-and-shield chick), Zhang Fei and i htink even Pang Tong was there. I know that usually you would have to unlock Ma Chao in the previous Dynasty Warriors. So there are quite some changes made. And the Musou Mode is based on the inividual, not on the faction like in DW4. So that might be one more reason to get DW5.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Traz wrote:
I actually saw Dai Senryaku VII: Modern Military Tactics on a site I frequently purchase my imports from Lebenengel, and since I usually enjoy all forms of TRPGs' and just basic Strategy games and if the game is even anything like Advance Wars that is on the Xbox then it should be pretty good. A game that has over 400 unit types has got to be good. How long do you think the game would be overall?

Mission mode? About 10-25 hours. However, the unique Versus maps and uber-comprehensive Edit Mode tack on countless hours.

Moody_Mage wrote:

Not really, it just improved what needed to be-- enemies don't suddenly disappear or reappear and can be seen from twice as far away, character-specific musou modes have been reintroduced, and you can see all the way to the horizon without any fog. There's been a few new additions, such as unique Bodyguards that level up as you do (but you can only have one in battle), an item to let you bring a tiger into battle, and six new characters. It's definitely the best in the series thus far, but nothing that would bring back a fan that's tired of the series.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ranadiel wrote:
Goldmember, you have a copy of Suikoden 5? I want it. Come on I'll buy it from you. Unless you meant Suikoden 4. Then it isn't as interesting.

Woops, typing error, my bad, i ment Suikoden IV.
*edits out mistake*
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm i 've started playing star ocean: the second story

i think i am almost finished with xenosaga II

and i am in the process of starting shadow heart
peeps

Zangetsu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently playing MSG 3, GTA: San andreas, Drankengard and silent hill 3.. I have finish MGS 3 and I'm repeating it again..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: