Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What games are you playing right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am actually playing quite a few games right now and they are all at least from my perspective pretty decent games. They might not always be the greatest games out there but you know sometimes things just work out that way. Here I will list and give my opinions on them right now.

KOTOR 2: This is an excellent game but sadly I find the game to be far to easy for my personal playing style. The entire game is also very straight forward and all side quests wouldnt take someone much more than half an hour to forty five minutes at most. However it's gameplay is nonetheless excellent, coupled with an excellent storyline makes it a pretty good game.

Unlimited Saga: Ok this game is somewhat not referred to very highly by most reviewers and I can see where they are coming from. The sound is merely ok at best and nothing to write home about and the gameplay is abismal. The battles are more of a nuisance if nothing else and stray from even the rest of the series system which while different were innovative at least.

Xenosaga episode 2: This game is a great game with a storyline which is right up there with all great rpgs. The music is excellent and while the battles and gameplay are somewhat tedious they are at worst tolerable. I am almost at the end of this game so soon this will be replaced probably with Jade Empire which will be coming out soon. It will hopefully be longer than the games of the KOTOR series though it uses the same system.

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently playing Xenosaga Episode II and i have just started on the second disc. So far so good!

After that i hope to go back and finish Shin Megami Tensei and Valkyrie Profile.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my free time (which I now have since I'm finally on Spring Break) I'm playing Vandal Hearts 2 for the PSX. I love both 1 and 2 of this series, but 2 is just more addicting. I love the party customizing feature in 2. You can have all archers, all mages, all tanks, whatever you want (though I try to keep my party balanced). Vandal Hearts 1 didn't have random battles in between the event ones, so if you missed an item or didn't level properly then you are SOL. VH2 fixes that problem. You can fight as many meaningless fights as you wish! I'm only in chapter 2 and I've been playing it a total of 22 hours.

When I'm online and there's nothing to do and no one on MSN to talk to, I've been playing Gunbound. Here's another time draining game. Once I start playing it, it's hard to pry away. And I look over and the clock says 4 am. :shock:

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

these times, i've been playing old games, like lunar(finished),lunar 2(amost finished) vanguard bandits(finished 3 times but not enough)

even though xenosaga II is really hort, i have not been able to finish it...i duynno, i'm affraid that the story won't be up to MY expectations,

i like those old games, lunar is one of rare games that makes me fell that the american adaptation really putted money into it.(maybe cause i also went trought the additionnal CD: the making of lunar)

but when i think aboutit, the progamer and all the staff really putted some effort into it. its one of the rare game that forces me to not do the same thing every turn.

plus, they really arranged it to makeus USE the item instead to just having them.

okay i also like the bromides hehehehe(my intentions are pure... pure lust)

as for vanguard bandits, it really short to finish but there is 5 different ending plsu, this game really need the use of tactics since you have got to know how to level up your guys and since you can't level up as mush as you want.. you reaslly have think nefore giving the stat ponts to your chars(though yo have some marge error.

well that about it for my update hahahahaha i love RPG, if you have any RPG you would advise me to try, just PM me ok? (i think i heard of a games called shadow heart... anyone played it?, id'like a rewiev, just PM me, thx!)
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm now playing between Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2 and Disgaea on my PS2.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently playing xenosaga 1 so that I could start playing xenosaga II it seems that everone is playing xenosaga II. I'm not a fan of the series but I think it is good to play it worthwhile and also I'm currently playing Grand theft auto: San andreas.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my friends and I have switched out Halo 2 for X-men Legends. We've gone through it twice now and I don't think we're gonna stop there. It's like crack: addicting, but better for you. :)

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

playing Skies of Arcadia

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right now I'm playing through Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for the Gameboy Advance for the...Third time, I think it is.

But, my friends, I am merely biding my time for the most glorious of glorious games: Digital Devil Saga. Oh yes, my friends, it is almost here, and it shall be mine. MINE! MWHAHA--*is shot*

Ahem. Sorry. I'm also picking around in Koudelka, although I don't wanna get too far into it, since I'll have to stop playing soon.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Currently, I'm playing the following. I alternate between games once I get to a certain point.

Suikoden IV (Playstation 2) - Replaying it again, for more character information for my site. As well as to continue to make millions of Potch to carry over to New Game + repeatedly so I'll have tons of Potch for when I finally decide to make my "Ultimate 100% Game File".

Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time (Playstation 2) - I left it for a while after I neared the end of the game. Mainly because I disliked the plot twist on disc 2. (Yeah, you know the one.) Now that I've left it so long, I've decided to restart anyway. Still have my Battle Throphies, so that's cool.

Suikoden II (Playstation One) - Which I haven't got very far in and most likely won't. I want to take my time, talk to everyone, keep every even levelled throughout the game, et cetera. But I also want to complete the Clive side-quest. Which means, for the moment, I'm not playing this game much, at all.

Mario Party (Nintendo 64) - Well, uh, I like Mario Party. Whether it's on your own or with friends, the original Mario Party is always great fun to me. Love the boards and the games. (Except for the spinning Shy Guy because I literally tore my palm open once from it, stupid floating thing.)

I feel like playing Vandal Hearts II as well, and also continuing with Grandia but I'm putting them off until I finish with some of the above.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lineage ][

I've been playing this about 6 months now and it's quite different playing an online RPG. There is backstabbing and deceipt everywhere, but no story, a REALLY slow grind to level up and plenty of people that logon only to make everyone's life hell.

Having said that its' like a really big interactive chatroom and the game itself is a lot of fun. I still play and always will, since there is no endgame you have to make your own story.

I put an average of 35 hours a week into L2, and work 40 hours aswell so it gets pretty intense. Still I love it to death and will continue to login until the game goes offline forever.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm playing MPV Baseball 2005 all the time for tis month. Together with the PC version of Grandia 2. The anti aliasing makes the graphic A LOT better.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if it's my place to say this, but there seems to be very little discussion in this thread, just a bunch of individual posts. I know that a thread in my nation board was closed down for this reason, and I don't want it to happen elsewhere. So maybe we should all be discussing what each other is playing so that it won't be considered frivolous posting.

John Layfield wrote:
Suikoden II (Playstation One) - Which I haven't got very far in and most likely won't. I want to take my time, talk to everyone, keep every even levelled throughout the game, et cetera. But I also want to complete the Clive side-quest. Which means, for the moment, I'm not playing this game much, at all.

Well if you want to do the Clive Sidequest and still take your time, you might run into problems. You gotta be able to rush through the game rather quickly in order to do that sidequest, and that means skipping pointless dialogue most of the time. But good luck to ya!

FF6Sage wrote:
Well, my friends and I have switched out Halo 2 for X-men Legends. We've gone through it twice now and I don't think we're gonna stop there. It's like crack: addicting, but better for you.

Man, if me and my friends had any free time and Halo 2 available, we'd be playing that until we passed out from exhaustion at 7 in the morning. I can't wait for summer! :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
FF6Sage wrote:
Well, my friends and I have switched out Halo 2 for X-men Legends. We've gone through it twice now and I don't think we're gonna stop there. It's like crack: addicting, but better for you.

Man, if me and my friends had any free time and Halo 2 available, we'd be playing that until we passed out from exhaustion at 7 in the morning. I can't wait for summer! :D

We did that for weeks, but we only played from 5pm to about midnight or so. :roll: Now we've switched games and most likely will switch again in the future. We (except for one of my friends) have no free time either, we just forego the consequences of not studying/doing homework to hang out and be losers together.

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lumines on PSP is an interesting game. I could only play it for so long before it annoys me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: