Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Suggestion Needed] Mediocre Characters
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... Miakis with a Crazed Rune? I used her as a support when needed and attack combatant, very similar to Lyon. If that worked for you, than whatever.

I don't know if Berserk status increases your critical hit % but I do know that Cathari was dealing some good damage. I'll have to go back and check out my set-up to see if i had put something else on her that may have contributed to her rocking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well it's not only Crazed Rune on Miakis since she got all of Crazed Rune, Double Edge Rune, and Boost Rune in my game to be crazy killing machine. I have Bernadette and Prince (was purposely weakening the Prince hee hee) as the support I need anyways. So everyone else in the party is either offense magic (like Nelis) or melee (everyone else).

I'm not saying that Cathari is bad by any means though. Just somehow not as amazing as I've heard from everyone else. So yeah, don't know what was wrong with my Cathari.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did the same thing with my Miakis. I used those runes on Kyle, Urda, and Killey as well. I used Boost and Double Edged on Lyon, Prince, and Cathari, though, since I couldn't put the Crazed on as well.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, man. I didn't know some other people used Boost/Crazed/Double-Edged on Miakis too. With power-boosting equipments and a maxed out weapon, she deals 6000-9000 average damage on my game with that combo (she almost always hits at least twice). Definitely not mediocre. Shigure's a sort of weaker version of her if you set him up right (Crazed/Double-Edged) in that he only gets two rune slots (as compared to Miakis' five), and attacks only up to four times (as compared to Miakis' five). He has higher power though. I definitely wouldn't place him on "mediocre".

Urda + Isato with Power/Boost/Double-Edged doing their Barrage Attack makes random encounters a damn joke. They can certainly stand alone as well with that rune combination.

Norma is like Prince-lite visually because their first two strikes in attack animation are similar. :P Battle-wise, she's the true Miakis Jr. in that she can be a deadly damage dealer as well because she gets three rune slots, and double up as a support magician when you want her to. The only problem is that she only has one free skill slot, but the good news is that the other is taken by the ever-useful Potch Finder (though most people definitely prefer this skill on a Support person). Overall, she stands as a pretty good mediocre character.

Crazed Rune doesn't help in Critical rate. In fact, you could say that it does the reverse, because the downside of the rune is decreased Accuracy, and lower accuracy = lower chance of hitting the enemy. In effect, you have a higher chance of not being able to have the opportunity to land a critical hit at all!!! Maybe it's just bad luck on your part, Black Pesmerga. Try maximizing her skill next time. No use boosting her speed because she's fast enough as it is, and her maximum number of strikes is set at one. Focus on Attack and Technique, and she will be deadly. She's above mediocre though, if you ask me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: