Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Democrat or Republican? Who do you think will win?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget that the two independent winners to senate (Joe Lieberman of Connecticut and Bernie Sanders of Vermont) are included in the 48 stated as "Democrat." So the true number of Democrat senators confirmed so far are 46. However, I guess it really make no difference because Lieberman and Sanders are both liberal.

... *checks sites*

Oh yeah, democrats are indeed leading in all of the three undecided states. Sory of surprised to see McCaskill suddenly taking the lead with a margin of 20000 votes. Virginia is quite a tight race.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Talent conceded, so that's one of their needed three. Tester is holding at 9000 votes, and suddenly Webb has jumped up to a 12000 vote lead. Wow.

I'd start looking at Montana pretty soon, since that's the closest race with the fewest precincts reporting in. If Virginia quietly goes to Webb, then it will be the Republicans' last hope at effectively controlling the Senate.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Webb now has more than a 1% lead, and if he continues, there'd be no recount.

The Montana race is getting closer and closer. Man, this is such a close race! The refresh-button on my browser is getting a workout.

Edit: Hmm... looking at the precinct turnout so far, it seems like a lot of the yet unfinished counties are mostly pro-Burns, so this may be a real close race. However, Tester is strong in the larger precincts it seems, and those are also still not complete.

Last edited by Vextor on Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No kidding! I almost think I'd be happy regardless of what way the Senate goes just for the excitement this election's brought.

EDIT: Tester's lead has dropped to 7000. At the rate it's been going, they'll be dead-even by about the 85-90% mark for precincts reporting in.

EDIT 2: Maybe not? 75% in, holding at roughly 7200.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uggghh... I can't decide whether to stay up to finish this or not...

It's like watching the Super Bowl or something...

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Soo it looks like the Democrats are going to rule the Senate and House?

Edit: Oh god its too close in Virginia. They're going to recount most probally.. T_T

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Masaya wrote:
Soo it looks like the Democrats are going to rule the Senate and House?

The House definitely, but the Senate is up in the air. Currently democrats are leading, but that could change real quick. Its come down to Virginia and Montana.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

House is set as Democrat, but Senate is still uncertain. Democrats have a slight lead in Virginia and Montana, but their Montana lead is shrinking. Virginia is probably set, but it's currently within the 1% margin, so there may be a recount.

Edit: Hmm, somehow the entire data for Yellowstone County in Montana was reset. That place was pro-tester, so the Montana tally has been shifted towards Burns at least at cnn.com.

Last edited by Vextor on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bet if the dems get Montana, there will almost certainly be a recount in Virginia. The GOP certainly won't want to give them control of the Senate.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those

Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced told me the results wont likely even change till the morning.. I have a feeling he's right and maybe I should just go to bed. Anyoen else have the same feeling?

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am going to love this in the morning. The Dems won the House. I am crossing my fingers, but are we in the midst of another "lame duck" president? As a former resident of Great Falls, Montana, I am crossing my fingers.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Calvin

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doesn't "lame duck" refer to an elected official who isn't reelected, but is finishing out their term? For example, Bush Sr. would have been a lame duck because Clinton beat him when he was running for his second term.

I could be wrong, though.

Last edited by Calvin on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good call. That was my bad. Zonder, you are indeed correct.

I honestly don't know what I was thinking with that definition. Actually, I think CNN and MSNBC misinterpreted that definition about a week ago on their broadcasts. However, he is lame! Hah, hah! Oh...that sucked.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.

Last edited by Thor McOdin on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought "Lame duck" was refered to a president which was from an opposite party of which controled both house and senate. However I could be wrong as well. I'm sure theres a term for both..

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, "Lame Duck" is a president that's sitting in office after the next president has been chosen.

Quote:

Man, this is such a close race! The refresh-button on my browser is getting a workout.

You, uh, realize that cnn refreshes automatically?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: