Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

So...What's Your Least Favorite Internet Site to Browse?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: So...What's Your Least Favorite Internet Site to Browse? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We've all had those nights where we just surf the internet (or "internets" or "series of tubes"). We can't sleep, nothing's on TV, your dog cut his paw and you have to stay up all night in order to make sure it won't get infected, etc. Still, there are some sites that no matter how hard you try to avoid, you are drawn to them anyway. What is your least favorite site to visit and yet you continue to do so on a regular basis?

My pick is IMDB. It started off innocently enough. I used to check out various movies and profiles of actors. However, in several of the forums, a flame war erupts nearly every minute. Many people die...or at least lose a few IQ points. I also love it when people begin movie reviews with condescending headings like "It May Be the Film Student in Me, But..." Why do I still check in occasionally? On one occasion, I asked for help with an English paper topic after watching a movie. They didn't like my ideas on the board, but I still got an "A" anyway. Sadly, I sometimes visit to see how diehard fans interact with others. "She's a really nice person," or, "He wouldn't do something like that," make me laugh everytime. It's also hilarious to see topics like "Sum Up This Actress in One Word" as you try to find the one person that sent everything to hell.

This is legit, right? To my knowledge, I'm not advertising...

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree totally. I don't know why, but I find myself heading to IMDB for no discernable reason whatsoever. Every time I get embroiled in some flame war, many times on boards or movies I don't even like. I just stopped with one on the Michael Moore board with a guy whose definition of a debate was to say "trust me" and pull out a bunch of unrelated tangents. It's pretty ridiculous.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

one place i don't visit as much i used to is this wrestling based forum. the only time i go there is to make my ppv predicition picks.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaia. Those people just can't stop making me question humanity. I have no idea why I ever go there, and fortunately, I've pretty much stopped by now.

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to be a devout poster over at homepageofthedead.com, which is website and web board dedicated to George A. Romero, who is mainly a horror director.

I was posting there since 2001 or 2002, but lately the board has changed. Most of the old members I used to have fun with have left, and all the new members I do not really enjoy. It is a shame because I met some great people on that board, and it just took a huge turn for the worse.

I should just completely leave, but for some reason I just can't completely let it go. I find myself going back to the boards once every few days to see (more like hope) if any of the cool older members have come back. They never do.

Ha ha. I sound like a lost puppy. :D

Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find navigating through places like Gamespot, IGN, and 1UP extremely annoying thanks largely to their overuse of Flash controls and ads. 1UP is probably the worst for this. Thank the maker for blogs like Kotaku.

Buff wrote:
one place i don't visit as much i used to is this wrestling based forum. the only time i go there is to make my ppv predicition picks.

Could you perhaps be referring to The W? Some of the people there bother me, but it's still arguably the only wrestling board with any brains whatsoever. Places like 411 just make my head hurt.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mine is youtube. I visit it, but for hell's sake, it is agony sifting through it. Through it. There's 10 year olds with the career prospect of "Whore", there's people who decide dancing with friends to justin timberlake is worth uploading, and then theres the comments. "leave the dancing to us latinos/blacks" or "you can't dance". then there's bimbos with cameras blogging, when they have nothing of merit to say *cough*. When you do find someone's blog which shows some decent level of brain activity, you get people comenting "your fat" or "CHRISTIANITY=USA" or "gay is wrong". FFS, it's unbelievable the comments. and the usernames?! you get a cute film of a panda, and then "Veganearthchild211" decides to condemn anyone who enjoyed it for not sharing her belief that "animals are free, this is cruelty keeping them in zoos they are suffering. the people who enjoy this are people who eat the flesh of animals, no wonder you're so cruel to find this sort of stuff entertaining, you have no respect for animals anyway. may the godess save you in your next life, let's see how you like being a poor defenceless animal"

So yeah, the place is hell, why do I even visit? I think I should stop!
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha... Imdb. Yeah, the boards tend to be incredibly stupid, but they're also a good source to explain stuff about the film you didn't get, or see how it connects to the real world and the past. It's a nice feature, even if 95% of posters are idiots.

But there was this one thread on Krystof Kieslowski's "Blue". It was a discussion about the merit of the film's music between three guys. It was the most topical, well-thought, sincere, open-minded discussion I've seen on all of imdb, or even on the internet as a whole. I wanted to post and nominate those dudes for a medal. It was beautiful.

Anyway, I don't like the sites I don't browse. That's why I don't browse them.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to avoid the GameFAQs board, at all costs. It's El Terrible in there.

I only go to GameFAQS when in need of help for a certain game.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh! I have an honorbale mention! I remember when Netscape used to be cool. It was my homepage and a "decent" sort of news of several topics (despite claims to adware). However, after they recently turned everything into forum-based articles, it has gone to crap. You have to sift through a lot of bull and, 90 % of the time, the so-called articles are opinions. Granted Olbermann is often accounted for if you missed his show, nearly every poster thinks they know everything. Count the seconds until you find a liberal vs. conservative argument.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another website I absolutely refuse to go to anymore is ifilm.
What a sellout website just filled with ads to the brim. It is so very annoying trying to see a 30 second clip by going through a few pages of ads, then about five minutes of video ads, before they actually show you what you want to see. So very aggravating. Not to mention that the entire site is about 10% content, and 90% is ads.

I just hate it when a site is cool, then just completely sells out with massive amounts of ads to the point of insanity. Argh! :x

Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty much the same with Archy. I dislike the Gamefaqs boards also. People there are such (how do I say this..) fools. Especially when a popular game comes up, the board fills with such pathetic topics. And the worst part of it all, is that they post these topics like there's no tommorow. But I'm not saying there aren't any good people there though. The majority of them are just plain annoying.

The only reason I come to that site is when I need help on a certain game. I don't even post there. I just search the topics which have sense in them.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Definitely GameFAQs. It's great for game information, and Gamespot has some good news articles, but the forums, especially for extremely popular games, can be difficult to sit through. I mean, on the Final Fantasy XII board, there are topics asking if Sephiroth is in the game. Let him die!

You can find some good discussions, on some boards. Not the game ones, though. I don't tend to go there anymore.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Gaia. Those people just can't stop making me question humanity. I have no idea why I ever go there, and fortunately, I've pretty much stopped by now.

deviant art, sheezy art and scarlet teen wil do that also. and many many others.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:
I tend to avoid the GameFAQs board, at all costs. It's El Terrible in there.

I only go to GameFAQS when in need of help for a certain game.

I went to GameFAQs > LUE, since like 01 man... GameFAQs is great

On the other hand on topic, Wootability is a crappy forum I once went to when it was run by padgoi, 2 moderators and had like 6 members, now it's about 100 regular members, spewing a random stupidity and raping the english language.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: