Suikoden United and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Which web browser do you use the most?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which web browser do you use?
Internet Explorer 6
18%
 18%  [ 14 ]
Internet Explorer 5 or earlier
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Netscape 6 (powered by Mozilla)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Netscape 4.x
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mozilla
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
Opera
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Safari (MacOS X)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Konqueror (KDE)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Firefox
57%
 57%  [ 43 ]
A text based browser (eLinks, Lynx, etc)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 75

Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've started using Internext Explorer a lot lately. It is pretty good for the moment, but I may switch after I get my computer worked on.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Konqueror. It's what Safari was based off of and renders pages quicker than any other browser. It's also very, very tightly integrated with the rest of my programs so it has that going for it too. Konqueror is a great browser, it might even be ported to windows, who knows...

heheh, I can't believe lynx made it on this poll lol

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use firefox, i switched from IE because it was *alot* faster. The pages loaded quicker. It also has a pop up blocker which is even better. And i guess, i just prefer it more -shrugs- better looking icon : P
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The desktop versions of Opera are completely free now. So there's no reason not to try it out. I've switched to using it for most of my browsing. There' still a few sites I have to use IE to access, but I can live with that. I don't use it for e-mail, newgroups and rss feeds, since I'm already comfortable using other programs for those. Admittedly, it's not quite as easy to use as IE for FF, but it seems to have a much better feature set than either of those. And for those who like to complain that it doesn't have extensions ready to download like FF, they have to remember that Opera has some of those features built-in.
There are a couple of sites to check out if you're interested in using Opera:
30 Days to becoming an Opera8 Lover
and
Opera equivalents to Firefox extensions
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i just recently switched to firefox so i decided to post. I used to use internet explorer, but i had a lot of problems with slow loading times and pop-ups so i went ahead and switched to firefox. I have to say that i have been extremely impressed with it and i don't see myself using another browser anytime soon. The pop-up blocker saves me a lot of headache since i did not have one before and I find that it runes a lot faster than internet explorer. There are also a few minor things which heightens my overall internet experiences. It is a very good browser that i would recommend to anyone looking for a change. Oh and thanks to SARS for putting it on the home page of suikox. If it wasn't for that i might have never been tempted to change.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

usually I use SBC yahoo browser, but sometimes I use IE, even though I already have firefox downloaded
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use firefox. Nothing better.
Lord_Tiberus661

White Wolf Army

-21593 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i use the internet explorer ver. 5 because i just havent gotten around to downloading a better version. (too lasy i guess) but it still works good enough for me to come to this site and discuss many of my favorite topics.
VAD

Dark Centurion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I use firefox, i switched from IE because it was *alot* faster

what! how can you say IE is faster :? i did the opposite of what you did (switched from IE to firefox) and my browsing speed was greatly increased; now i can actually go to those forums that have long posts because no matter how long the thread is, the page will still load very quickly (aprox 3secs)
)nX

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...not forgetting that you upgraded your net huh VAD?...

can anyone tell me how to put on flashblock or where to get the extention thing from?
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My friends told me to go on firefox just because its better.. And you can delte files and websites you've being to quickly. :twisted:

I downloaded some "Virtual joint" thing its weird and it makes a little firfox symbol on the bottom right hand cornor with a joint in the fox's mouth.. Its fun i guess for a couple seconds but you do nothing with it.

Also I downloaded a "I must not fear!" thing in the tools menu. When ever you are down or can't think of anything to write in a post :D or report for school, work whatever. You just click it and it says some mumbojumbo about how fear isn't real any stuff.. :P Fun Firefox.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I'm kinda' diggin' up the thread graveyard here, but I'm curious as to whether or not the vast majority of members here use web browsers that can support frames. I'm thinking of designing a site, but the HTML site I'm learning HTML code from mentioned that a lot of people use web browsers that cannot view frames. I'm wondering how true this is amongst Suikoden fans...

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

frames? other than text based browsers, i'd think every browser would support frames.

that being said, i think i'll switch to safari 3 once the final verion is released.

Phoenix Legion

102576 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's really no reason to use frames 99% of the time, and they're often more trouble than they're worth. And while most major browsers should support frames, Opera users can disable them from preferences (there's probably a way to do it in Firefox too, but I haven't bothered looking for one). I recommend against using frames unless you have a compelling reason to do so.
"[...] even a seemingly purposeless miracle is an inexhaustible source of hope, because it proves to us that since we do not understand everything, our defeats—so much more numerous than our few and empty victories—may be equally specious."
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like I won't be using frames because the vast majority of the people I've talked to seem to hate the idea of using them with a passion.

Personally, I think I did have a good reason to do so, but I can still make things look the way I want to without using frames... It will just be FAR more tedious to update, should the need arise.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: