Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

opinions on makeup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breeze

Whispering Winds

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dislike makeup. I honestly just don't see the point of it. I don't wear it, and don't plan on wearing it either. The only time I've ever gotten close to wearing something that improves my look is nail polish (which is now rotting on my desk as I'm too lazy to bother with it) and glitter (which is so darned cold when you first put it on that I've decided to just forget it).

I've seen many girls in my school who put on as much makeup as possible and they look... To put it bluntly and not-so-nicely, scary. In my area, girls just look better naturally, because most girls in my school think that when they put on makeup, they have to put on ALL makeup, even if they only "need" lipstick or something :shock: I think that may be the main reason I'm turned away by the stuff.

However, some people perhaps look better with the makeup. I think, however, that you should just stick with your natural looks; someone will like you for them eventually, and if they don't, well... Personality counts more than looks, I think. This applies for plastic surgery, etc. Unless it's reconstructive and truly needed, don't bother with it. Personality should attract friends and a lover more than looks should, even though that isn't the case. I mean, I know I'm not pretty enough for anyone to be attracted to me via looks. *laughs*

And testing on animals is cruel, useless, and stupid. But I'm an animal activist, so I'll save you all any rants that may be brewing in my brain... O_o

What do you think are my strengths and weaknesses?
Connor MacLeod

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wore lipgloss to my internship interview yesterday, right?

My friends who persuaded me into wearing it (this wasn't normal lipgloss like the kind you wear to school over lip balm, this was like glue with gigantic sparkle chunks in it) told me to not rub my lips together. Which I did once out of rebellion, and I swear my lips started to hemmorage. Okay maybe not, but halfway through the interview my hair got caught in it and I imagine I looked pretty moronic removing it for say, five minutes.

Needless to say I doubt I'm getting the job.

The sad thing is I found out like, ten minutes later I looked better with my regular Burt's Bees/Origins combo. That made me laugh in a sad way.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just find some make-ups to be, just stupid.
its our damn socitoy that puts the whole "OMG emphisis" on it, you aren't a good enough girl if your eye lids aren't metalic purple-blue, and out lined in black.

also make up is a "right of passage" and "age thing"., people are sexualy attracted to makeup, its like a bird who reachs maturity and growns his or her "adult plumage", but in humans its reversed, well in wetren socitoy anyway.

I saw a show, It "could of" been wrong, but certain makeups, like blush and lips stick make women well, pink and red, this pink and red is a mimmic of stimuilation, meaning you are "the sex0r' or how ever those people speek.
so when you are lets say 11, and you want to show you are there, you were make up as an invite. aslong with cloathing that is the equvliant to a mating call. Hair glitter is just some stupid throw from being obcessed with rock starts.

There are other places who use make up for cermonies, but they don't include wearing body glitter to schools, for some people painting yourself has meaning.
------
make up is also a cheap thing, they invented it so noone has to look at ugly people, and the those people can have a false ego. I highly doubt there are a lot of women who look "OMG sexie" without it, moreso when having blue-eye lids is your thing. Looking super gets you everything, jobs, lovers, croonies and more, people will like yu and want to deal with out.

I hate makeups, i hate coverup, the smell and the pasty feeling, I have no desire to play paint-doll, unless its costume makeup for halloween (I did my own face like a fox once, pretty good job too) My mom wants me to were makeup but I see no need, my body is twisted and no make up is going to make me look good, no i'm disfigured, my spine and my nose is crooked, looking like Punky La wren or whomever (made up name) isn't going to cut it. I need the body also.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: