Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 13 - Amendment to naval rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
3. For example Red has 4 ships (total of 12 units on the ships) and involved in 1 naval battle. Red then chose to send all 4 ships to come up with the 9 units in the roster by mix-n-matching the 12 units. Can the 3 units that weren't used be used elsewhere? Or are they stuck and can't be used for the phase?

They cannot send all four ships to a battle. The maximum is still 9 units per roster so they would only be able to send 3 ships to begin with in that configuration. If they wanted to send specific units, then they had better arrange their ships like that ahead of time.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sage wrote:
Black Pesmerga wrote:
3. For example Red has 4 ships (total of 12 units on the ships) and involved in 1 naval battle. Red then chose to send all 4 ships to come up with the 9 units in the roster by mix-n-matching the 12 units. Can the 3 units that weren't used be used elsewhere? Or are they stuck and can't be used for the phase?

They cannot send all four ships to a battle. The maximum is still 9 units per roster so they would only be able to send 3 ships to begin with in that configuration. If they wanted to send specific units, then they had better arrange their ships like that ahead of time.

Ah I see. Now I understand. So if I want to send 4 ships, then the 4 ships have to be configured so that it's 3-3-2-1 or 3-2-2-2 instead so that the maximum is indeed still 9. Thanks for that.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In response to your first two questions:

1 - It's a live list. What you see is what there is.

2 - They don't have to send it just because they're attacking it at their DOI. They can ignore their naval assault of the defence of their port.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this going to apply to explorations as well where sea travel is desired/required?

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since now ships mattered and can actually be hired out by mercenaries, is there any minimum price for ship hiring (only the ship and not the mercenaries)?

And just a reminder (in case some people forgot), some nations might need to change their Captain/Artillery/Marine if the members had changed nations since that time. I noticed Celes Tilly is still listed as a captain of Grasslands' ship.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mercenaries can hire their ships out in the same way they can hire their regional investment out - anyway they wish.

I give my ship away free to the nation that hires me but other mercs might want to place an additional charge or hire them out to a different nations.

As for Sage's question - I don't think it needs to apply to explorations so I'll say no for now.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a thought regarding loaning ships along with their captains out to allies. Can a ship be loaned out to an ally after a DOI has been submitted as all 3 member slots on the ship will have been locked in for that phase? If you can will it be assumed that only the captain will be loaned out with the ship and that the other 2 members will be left behind?

If this is true then there is a slight loophole which can be exploited.

As a ship has all 3 places locked in for that phase, once battle has been joined and several units have been used it will be easy to see which units will be also be present at the battle by looking at their ship-mates. You could gain a slight advantage here by having two allied nation loaning each other one ship with only the captain on board (as this is the only person who can be loaned with a ship). The allied nation can then place some of their members on board along with the allied captain by-passing (as far as I know) the 'DOI locked in submission date' rule.

Now say the allied captain of the loaned ship was used in round 1 and a home nation member was used in round 2, both winning and so winning the turn. The enemy would in normal circumstances have a look at both of those members and find out which vessel they belong to and therefore figure out which other members might be used at the battle. Because of the ship loan the enemy could not say for sure which units will be present on the allied ship as although the members were locked in, as the ship has been loaned there will be two other home nation members on board rather than the 2 units who are listed as being present with the allied captain.

I hope that kinda makes sense.

I'm not too sure how this would be resolved. If it was pre-agreed that a ship would be loaned and which units would be equipped pre-DOI it would be a bit of a giveaway for the enemy as it would be obvious a ship was being loaned and which units will be present. You could gauge how seriously the attack was being taken by judging the quality of the units. The other alternative is that a for a ship to be loaned then the Artillary and Marine slots need to be unoccupied although this isn't ideal either as you may intend to loan a ship to an ally only to find post-DOI that you are being attacked in 5 places by sea and need every ship - except your units are already locked in and you can't change it...

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A ship would need to be pre-agreed before the DOI otherwise it cannot be loaned out if there are 2 other units locked onto the boat.

You can loan the ship out after the DOI but it would need to just have the captain on.

If a ship is being loaned to an ally then the Artillary and Marine slots need to be unoccupied anyway. It's a risk for the loaning nation, but that's a risk that they have to take.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay so in order to loan a ship you must basically have that ship crewed by the captain only by DOI submission time. If you have a ship with a full crew it cannot be loaned out to another nation.

Would the 2 allied members who will be present on a loaned ship have to be submitted along with the DOIs? If so would they then be visable on the vessel list?

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also a question regarding the units in Mercenary's ship. If a nation hire a mercenary's ship (only the ship) after the DoI deadline, does that mean that it's pretty much pointless since the ship can't be customized to have units in it anymore?

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The mercenary ships can be customised after the DOI - all other ships will have to be sorted out prior to DOI submission.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ahve a question about allies being loaned units for pahses and boats. Say Nation 1 has a boat with Sue, John and George on it and they are allied to Nation 2 and Nation 3. If they lend Sue to Nation 2 for a naval battle, does that mean that John and George would not be able to go to Nation 3 for a naval battle, because their boat is with Nation 2?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo, I think it's mentioned in here
Axiose wrote:
A ship would need to be pre-agreed before the DOI otherwise it cannot be loaned out if there are 2 other units locked onto the boat.

You can loan the ship out after the DOI but it would need to just have the captain on.

So basically if you want to loan your ship to your ally, that ship cannot have 3 units in it. If you want to loan Sue to Nation 2, then Sue has to be alone in the ship as the Captain. Therefore, John and George are no longer on the ship. But then again, they both still cannot be lent to Nation 3 since one nation can only loan out 1 unit to 1 ally. Either John or George can be sent to Nation 3, but not for naval battle because the ship is with Sue for Nation 2. Unless John or George have another ship to Captain with, OR one of them being used by Nation 3 to be a unit in their ship (I think this is allowed).

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blacky explained it correctly.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can one regimetn be on two differnt ships, assuming both shipts aren't used? Example: Lou is the captain of The Goat, but is also the Artillery of The Squirrel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: