Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: NBA Season 2006/2007 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just remembered that the NBA will be starting soon, so that means less anime and more sports-watching for me. :D

Anyhow, the offseason this year, some teams got some good deals. The Raptors, after realizing that Americans no longer rule the World, have decided to go international with signing players such as Andrea Bagnani, and their acquisition of Rasho Nesterovic.

Chicago fished up Ben Wallace, this year's biggest prize. The Lakers picked up Vladimir Radmanovic, and so on.

Boston picked up Sebastian Telfair. Bad. Very.

Milwaukee traded T.J. Ford in exchange for Charlie Villanueva. Villanueva and Bogut on the same team! Unusual trade, though, I can't believe they gave up a future-great big man.

The Orlando Magic is going to shock alot of people. ALOT. I know it.

So, uh, whaddaya guys think of the upcoming season?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I just signed up on the board so... I'm kinda deflated about the lack of posts here, but guess i'll give a post all-star rundown on all the teams that may make some noise in the NBA playoffs in order.

Western Conference:

Dallas- They've been the best team so far, Dirk is playing amazing team ball and they are the favorites to win the title by a decent margin, but anything can happen in the playoffs. There's nothing more to say really.

Phoenix- reigning 2-time MVP looks to capture the only illusive award, the NBA championsihp, and with a revitalized Amare, they will be tough in the playoffs. I feel they'll make it to the west. conference finals and likely lose to Dallas, although i'm rooting for the suns!

San Antionio- As long as they have Tim Duncan they'll at the very least have an outside shot at the championship. While they aren't favorites they definately are a team to be feared, they have loads of experience and whie they've grown older many of the players haven't shown much sign of decrease.

Houston- My dark horse. Once Yao gets back they will be a DANGEROUS team, T-mac is playing supberb ball, he's really running the show, getting open looks for teammates, playing a complete game. they also added the consummate team player in shane battier (I love his game). If Yao comes back full strength, they really do have a shot at the championship.

Utah- They have a lot of solid/good players, however they have no chance at a title, they're a bit young, but they're well coached and are a good team. They may make the 2nd round, before they're beaten by the likes of a Phoenix, San Antionio or Houston club. Though they have an outside chance at making the Western Finals, because they are such a well rounded team.

Eastern Conference:

Detroit: Heavy favorites to make the finals though, it's likely they would lose to Dallas or the 3 other teams that have a chance to win it, imo. The bottom line is they still have a shot to win the title, the addition of Webber adds a low post passing game, a dimension they've never really have before. They're a very dangerous team.

Washington: Arenas is an insane player, the guy can score at will and take over games like noone else. He already hit 2 game winning 3's on back to back games! In a weaker conference, they have a shot at making the finals, though not really a chance to win, but who knows, anything can happen with Arenas on their team. Caron Butler is having a great season and Jamison is playing solid basketball.

Chicago: They have a great perimeter game, and good interior defense in Big Ben and p.j. brown, however they have no low post offensive game. That's the one area that is really hurting their chances, also they are a young club. So their shot this year isn't likely, they have a shot at making the finals, but I can't see them being able to win the title over the likes of the great teams in the west. However, they're a very young club and i'm sure they're going to be in the playoffs for many years to come.

Cleveland: Lebron is playing great ball as usual, however his supporting cast doesn't have what it takes to win, they'll likely get bounced out in the 2nd round or the conf. finals maybe. Only reason i put them here is because of King James.

Miami: They would've been at my top spot had D-Wade not injured his shoulder. IF i knew for certain he wasn't going to be back this season they woudn't be here, because D-Wade is simply an amazing player. The way he led the Heat from the brink of destruction last year against the Mavs was amazing, but without him, they simply don't have the pieces to get past the first round, becuase they'll probabaly be a 7th or 8th seed, and there's no way they could beat detroit, cleveland or washington.

That aboout raps it up, concerning the contending teams that have a shot at making the finals and or winning a championship IMO.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finally, someone who posted! :D

Anyhow, yeah, those're are the five teams that can contend for the West. The darkhorse would be the Lakers, actually - although they've been on a really bad slump as of late. Lost to Portland the other night. They had a great start to the season, but have been faltering as of late. They're not exactly a 'hot' team right now, but they're still a good team, Kobe can do anything. Who knows.

Detroit vs. Washington in the East, Cleveland's a dark horse. LeBron's proven time and again that he's one of the best young players in the league, and backed up by players like Hughes and Varejao, they're definitely gonna make it to the 2nd Round.

Washington has always been one of my faves since Jordan came. They've been meh in their last 8 games without Jamison going only 4-4, but once he gets back they're gonna go back to playing as usual. Arenas is scoring like a madman, it kinda reminds me of how Kobe scored last year minus the 81-point one. Caron Butler has been great, I definitely didn't expect him to be in the All-star game. They've got guys who can step up and contribute, too, like Haywood.

Detroit, Chris Webber was a great signing for them. They're still definitely one of the top teams with guys like Billups, Hamilton and Prince still around.

As for the other teams, Utah and Chicago will need some more time. In the future, they'll be solid - Utah has Jerry Sloan, who is one of the best coaches in the NBA rigt now. Add the fact that Okur and Boozer have been great at Utah, and Deron Williams ' game will continue to mature. Chicago will be damn great too, once guys like Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinric mature, they'll be very hard to stop.

Houston, actually, is a great team if they're healthy. Last season was a huge dissapointment, they played hurt, bigtime. This year, they're not really in healthy form, but they're still a great team. Give them an injury-free season and they'll contend.

Other teams? Toronto has been a pleasant surprise, Bosh is a monster inside. Denver, too, if AI and Melo get their games up.

So yeah, that's my thoughts. Oh, it seems that the Trade Deadline has passed, and Kidd and Gasol are still in their same teams. Maybe in the offseason?

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just thinking. How come the New Yorks knicks suck? They've got players like David Lee on the post. Jamaal Crawford, Steve Francis, and Stephon Marbury as go-to-guys. Finally, Nate Robinson and more. Its just weird. I think Steve and Stephon just don't have chemistry. I think they should trade either one for lets say a decent Center. They'd probably be a better team if they did that. It would actually be a complete team. What do you guys think?
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think the Knicks have one too many guards on their team. Guards which are actually good, bud aren't just given enough time to shine because there are a lot of other guards. Other than that, Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury aren't really a good duo in my eyes. As blueflame said, they don't have chemistry, and I agree with that. What I said might be wrong though, and there might be other factors affecting the Knicks' performance this year. I'm not too surprised they're not doing well though.
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see we agree on most things, great minds do think alike afterall =]. I'd agree with you on the Lakers, except the only problem is, they're in the west heh. I mean, mavs, suns, spurs are just powerhouses, and the rockets have the potential to be insane too. T-Mac playing best ball of his career, because he's making everyone around him better, ya I realize in Orlando that was an impossible task hehe, but i mean, he's leading the team to victories without Yao night in and night out. Also Battier like i said is the man, sticks to his role, he's a huge difference too. Kobe is playing great this year, complete team ball, the problem is, all these injuries. First Odom went out, and he hasn't regained his full game yet, then Walton another key piece went out. I guess i'ts possible if they get everything going, while it's slim, they could possibly reach the west finals. There's just no way they could beat the Mavs though, but i guess if somehow the rockets beat the mavs, in the 2nd round, the lakers would have a chance to beat the rockets, based on matchups. Ya these are long shots, but still possible scenarios. But yeah, I hope they start getting things together by the time the playoffs roll around, and it'll be really interesting.

I had high hopes for the Nuggets, but it just hasn't been going for them for some reason. All the injuries has rly hurt them, also the chemistry doesnt' seem to be there yet, maybe b4 the playoffs start though, they can get it going. The west playoffs will be totally sick, so many awesome teams/stars, gonna get really interesting.

As for the East, the Raptors have been playing really well, I didn't mention them as a contender because I just dont' think they can make it to the finals, I mean Bosh is great, and Ford is a good pg, but I just doubt their ability to play defense. I don't see them beating Detroit or Washington, but still they will be interesting to watch, they definately have a shot at making the conf. finals. I just dont' think they have enough expereince, or have been together long enough to make the finals.
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TBH the Knicks aren't doing bad, in fact they're doing better than most people expected. I think the reason they aren't in the playoff mix as of yet is for one they don't play defense, and secondly they don't really have any distributors on their team. Their whole team is composed of scoreres, with the exception of Lee. Crawford, Francis, Marbury, Curry, N. Rob and richardson all look to score first, which means they're all gonna be taking tougher shots. A good distributor would get in the paint and get them easier shots.

For some reason Marbury is averaging career lows in every aspect, I think he needs to step up and be more assertive, if he does this, they can make the playoffs this year. He's really the one guy that has the ability to make his teammates better, if he'll only start penetrating more often and setting them up. Crawford can do this as well to some extent, however not to the degree of Starbury.

Oh yeah, Francis has a terrible attitude, and it seems like he's given up on being an all-star type player, and is just sorta going through the motions. He had a lot of potential...
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My poor Heat.

=(

Lets hope D Wade can get healthy, and that the rest of the team can find a spot in the playoffs while they wait for his return.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About the Lakers, I disagree with you about the Lakers not beating the Mavs. Bynum just needs a little more time so they have to fight the Mavs in the west finals. With the rotation of Bynum, Kwame, and Mihm for the center position. Odom, and Kwame for the power forward position. Radmonavic, Odom, Cook, and Walton for the small forward position. Vujacic, Bryant, Smush for the guard position. I actually think they have a big chance. They have so many talented players there. With Kobe making them look good, I don't see why they can't reach the finals.

I agree with fabled hero about the Knicks. Its a team full of potential. They're just unlucky to have so many go-to-guys but no real pointguards. I think Nash would do great in this team but theres a low chance Nash would go to the Knicks.

Question: Do you guys think the heats could be a large contender for the finals? It seems to me that they're season has just been full of injuries. I say they should trade all those old dudes out and bring in new players because of those old dudes' injuries, they're season has been really bad. Suggestion: Trade Antoine Walker for some other decent young small forward as well as gary payton for derek fisher? Oneal and Derek have some history anyway. I say keep Alonzo because he still rocks for an old dude.
Archy

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Lakers would be great - they're riddled with injuries right now. They're formidable if they're a complete team, Walton and Bynum will grow into bigtime players. But when you're playing hurt, it's hard to beat a team like Dallas. Health is always an advantage in the NBA, take last season's Rockets.

Anyhow as for the Knicks, they need a distributor. Everyone there seems to be saying "Come on, gimme the ball, i'll score". When you have it that way, you're not going to be very successful. Nash won't even be coming to the Knicks anytime soon. If they get a player of Nash caliber and let go of a couple guys (I'd vote Marbury AND Francis, that way you could alter said PG and Nate for some thunderous plays), they'd be good. Q Rich was great when he was in Phoenix. Eddy Curry and David Lee are two solid guys too. Where the heck is Channing Frye though, that guy was good.

Any thoughts as to who might win Rookie of the Year? Brandon Roy seems to have locked his place.

Celes Tilly wrote:

"Butt rock."
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saying the Lakers could beat the Mavs in a best of 7 series is ludicris, i'm sorry. They'll likely get bounched in the 1st round, if not then almost definately in the 2nd round. They just aren't as good of a team as other top teams.

Broy will easily win ROY. I predicted it before the draft, I live in Wa state, i saw him play a ton of college games. I always said he has Grant Hill like attributes.
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Chicago bulls will definetley be in the eastern confrence finals im 95 perrcent sure .Why? well their experiance in the past two years in the playoff or say the heartbreaking defeats would turn up as the number one motivation for the team Just imagine trailing by a big number before the fourth quater and then after that cutting the deficit to like one point then lose that happened to them in very much every playoff deafet they had in the past two years except for the last game againt miami but still i think they have learned. and for the wstern con. it would prbably be the mavs or the spurs but i think the spurs has more chance than dallas. one reason TD is totaly differnt when he plays inthe playoff just look at him play in the season he is only averaging like 19 points per game but in the playoffs he Can 33 up to 40 what im trying to say is that the spurs give thier full efforts in the playoffs not in the season. as for the suns they are just weak when it comes to the playoff i think they cant handle the pressure and take note im not a fun of the spurs nor the bulls.
FabledHero

17817 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While i think the Bulls have a pretty good chance of making the Conference Finals, I think the most likely teams will be the Heat and the Pistons. Also something to note, right now the Bulls are the 5th seed, if this remains they'll meet the Pistons in the second round and there's no way the Bulls will beat the Pistons. Unless they move up to a 2 seed, the Bulls will lose in the second round about 95% of the time.

Also if they do get that 2 seed, they'll be facing the Heat in the second round, which will be a very close match about 50/50, all hinders on how strong DWade comes back

Taking all of this into consideration i'd say the Bulls have about a 27.5% chance to make the eastern conf finals.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so jealous of the Bulls. They already have a team capable of reaching the NBA finals. Their kids are also young, so they will be competitive for a very long time. And to top it all off, they get New York's 1st round pick next year thanks to the Eddie Curry trade! That was a steal! Next year's draft looks like it will be one of the deepest in a very long time. They've literally traded Eddie Curry for Tyrus Thomas and another big name next year. Lucky them!

The Knick fans would die if their lottery pick ends up being one of the top two picks; assuming Kevin Durant and Greg Oden jump, which I hope they don't because they aren't ready (especially Oden).

Still though, I’m not sure they can beat Detroit. They beat the Pistons yesterday by 2 points, but I think it was a fluke. Teyshaun Prince took the last shot when it should have been Chauncey Billups. Not only that but Chris Webber and Rip Hamilton are still out with the flu. They should have trounced Detroit by at least 7 points or so. I’m not even sure if they can beat Miami.

But they’re good no doubt about it. Personally, I think Cleveland will drop and Chicago will take the division.

As for my Lakers, they seem to be stuck in the 6th seed, which I'll live with. This will match the team up with San Antonio. I'm not very happy about that considering they've been on a roll lately.

But San Antonio is a few games behind Phoenix. The Suns have been struggling as of late dropping games to teams it shouldn't. Yesterday, Golden State outran them including a 45 point first quarter. If the Suns move down, then we'll have a Lakers-Suns rematch from last year. I'm not looking forward to that either because Amare is back in form.

Just by looking at the playoff picture right now, this year will have some very good games. The west especially has some great stuff lined up. Currently the Clippers have the 8th Seed, but I'd rather have Golden State go against Dallas for entertainment purposes. Plus the Clippers would get a lottery pick, so that can only help their future.

The Hokies

74481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Bulls are the most talented team in the East! I'm rooting for them to win the championship this year (Or at least, be the team that gets in from the East). Ben Gordon is a stud.

I miss the old Pacers/Bulls rivalry. When MJ retired, it was never the same. But now, it is the Pacers organization that needs to be completely rebuilt. The Bulls did an awesome job.

Indiana trading Jackson was a good start. Although Dunleavy and Murphy are inept, I'd rather have them. The next trade that needs to be made is O'Neal. Where is Dale Davis when ya need him? Or the Dutchman? Or Reggie Miller for that matter. Indiana has no leadership.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: