Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'll really depend on how Detroit plays #6 - if they treat it seriously, no doubt, they'll win. But if they continue the relaxation, they'll even be under more trouble, since they'd be facing a Chicago team with somewhat more confidence, which is more dangerous. It'd be their homecourt, but the Bulls would have the better mindset into Game 7 since they've been winning straight.

But still, Detroit is an experienced team, they may not be as defensive-minded as when they had Ben, but now they have Webber who's a great player. It's given them more of an offensive edge than ever before. I actually think they're more entertaining to watch nowadays with Webber, and an improving Tayshaun Prince.

I'd put the chances for winning Game 6 somewhere at 60-40, Detroit favor. Still, I'm a Bulls fan, so I'd hope for the best for them. Which is a Game 6 win. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy wrote:

I find it seemingly one-sided in the sense that Bowen and Duncan weren't suspended - they left the bench during Game 4, during the Elson-Jones tie up in the 2nd Quarter. Interesting.

duncan left the bench and went past the three point line which is a no no. bowen went out and grabbed him and pulled him back. so duncan should of been suspended for that from what people on espn have said. bowen should also be suspended for all the cheap shots he has done. knee to the groin of nash and always putting his foot under the opponent's foot so he can try and injury them.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They weren't suspended because the Elson-Jones tie up wasn't turning into an altercation. The Horry-Nash incident was an altercation. Whether people think its fair or not, I think the NBA really explained themselves quite succintly. Suns shouldn't complain. I didn't see ay Spurs leaving the bench during the Horry-Nash incident. The Spurs have gotten inside the Suns' heads and until the refs begin calling fouls on what Bowen and the rest of the team are doing then they're just playing hard-nosed, playoff defense.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, now checking more into it, apparently the suspensions were only handed out to the Suns due to the fact that they left the bench during an altercation.

I was thinking that they'd slap suspensions onto anyone who'd leave the bench when something happens, altercation or not. Apparently, that isn't the case. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, there has to be an altercation occurring for the rule to be enacted. If I was the suns coach I would be upset with the NBA for being to by the letter of the law, but I especially would be pissed off at Stoudemiere and Diaw for breaking the one rule each coach tells their team before tip-off.

Don't leave the bench if and when there's trouble.

Amare and Boris got what they deserve for forgetting the one rule they knew would get them suspended.

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's dirty, unfortunately. I said it before, and I'll say it again. The NBA was justified in doing what they did, but that shit by the Spurs, in my eyes, is incredibly unsportsmanlike. I don't like San Antonio for beating Detroit in '05, and this crap just makes me dislike them even more. I really hope the Suns can rebound from this crap and rise above, but it's not like the Spurs are just dirty pricks. They're actually a pretty damn good team.

Still, no professional sports franchise is as bad as the Bulls. Of course, that's 100% Michael Jordan's fault that I feel that way, because I got nothing against Pippen, and I actually really like Dennis Rodman. Go figure. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to bad it's not like baseball when you can clear the benches.

Quote:
Still, no professional sports franchise is as bad as the Bulls. Of course, that's 100% Michael Jordan's fault that I feel that way, because I got nothing against Pippen, and I actually really like Dennis Rodman. Go figure. :P

how can you even say that. during their time the bulls were one of the most dominating teams in nba history. they hold the record for most wins in a seaons, seven nba titles. the bulls know will never be what it used to be unfortunetly.

Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I already said why. That asshole, Michael Jordan. He's tainted that franchise. I also think Phil Jackson has an overinflated ego, probably because he was lucky enough to be coaching teams full of super stars. His tenure also taints the Bulls in my eyes, and I'm glad that Jackson and his Lakers can't do shit anymore because Kobe is too big a prick to put up with sharing the spotlight.

Of course, it also comes down to the fact that and I will always love the '88 / '89 Bad Boys. Laimbeer, Rodman, Isiah, Joe D., Dantley, and the bench with players like Mahorn, "Spider" Sally, and Vinnie Johnson. To me, that team defined NBA greatness. Never once did I ever think Jordan and his all his stupid talent could ever touch that team and their personality. As good as he was, Jordan was, and is, still a cock.

Now it's up to the 2006 / 2007 Pistons to take over and become great without Ben Wallace. If all goes well, tonight they will advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
and his Lakers can't do shit anymore because Kobe is too big a prick to put up with sharing the spotlight.

you have to be fucking kidding me. look at what kobe was this year compaired to last year. he has improved his game a whole lot with sharing the ball more. his assists are up this year and he hasn't ball hogged as much as last year. his all around game has just improved. so unless you actually watch the games then you can't really say any thing like that. but ya past couple of years he has ball hogged and all that shit but that's mainly because they wern't as good as they are now.

Quote:
Now it's up to the 2006 / 2007 Pistons to take over and become great without Ben Wallace. If all goes well, tonight they will advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.

they advanced. i hope they get knocked out in the conference finals. i can't say i like the team.

[quote]That asshole, Michael Jordan/quote]

how in the world is jordan an asshole?

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am going to assume Sai doesn't like Michael Jordan for the same reason a lot of people don't like elite players like Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Jeff Gordon and the like. They're just too good and usually becoming a stumbling block for their personal favorite team's chance for success. I'm sure there's quite a bit of Cleveland fans out there who also hate Jordan's guts. :)

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No... I haven't really watched Kobe play all that much, but if the man can't put up with a guy like Shaq, he's got some real issues. From what I understand, Shaq is pretty easy to get along with. There's also that whole BS rape thing, and even though I know there weren't any charges, it sort of gives you an insight to the guy's persona. Maybe he's growing up a little, and shit... He has to, if he wants someone halfway decent to play ball with him.

For Phil Jackson, well... As funny as this sounds I've always hated how the man looks. I don't know why, but in my eyes, he looks like a mean, old jerk. He doesn't seem to have much personality the few times I've heard him speak, AND people totally over-rate the guy because of his titles. Now, of course, I do think that people should judge a coach's greatness based on titles, but holy fucking shit... LOOK AT THE ROSTERS THIS GUY HAS COACHED!!! I could fucking win the NBA title coaching those guys!

To me, that's also what made the Pistons' '03 / '04 run so special. They beat a team of stars like that, and the fact that Jackson couldn't get Kobe and company to get the fuck along, well... That also says that Jackson is over-rated. That team SHOULD have beat the Pistons, but Larry Brown is a far better coach than Phil Jackson... Even if he can't decide where the hell he wants to coach. :P

For Jordan, like I've already said... He's a dick, that's why I don't like him. Plain and simple. It's the same reason I don't like Peyton or Eli Manning. They're fucking douchebag pricks who're full of themselves. Just because Peyton and Jordan are more photogenic and look prettier than guys like Shaq or Tiki Barber, doesn't mean that they're also classy people. Sure, I like a guy if he's talented, but if he's talented, he also has to know that he has an image to convey. Maybe I shouldn't call them out for just being themselves, but an asshole is still an asshole. And when it comes down to it, I can't bring myself to cheer for assholes... Unless they're wearing a Detroit jersey... (Isiah Thomas, Chris Webber) And even then, it's tough.

I don't have that problem with people like Jeff Gordon, Tom Brady, or Tiger Woods. NONE of those people are dicks, and in fact all three of those guys have displayed great sportsmanship throughout their careers. Jeff Gordon is the family's favorite NASCAR driver, and I think he seems like a good guy. Tom Brady is a total class act, AND he comes from The University of Michigan. My favorite football player AND THE BEST CURRENTLY ACTIVE QUARTERBACK - HANDS DOWN! Tiger has also conveyed himself very well to the public and seems to me to be a classy individual. LeBron James also comes to mind. I think he pulled an immature act during last year's Cavs playoff exit, when he switched his hat for a Knicks cap (why the fuck would you want to play THERE?!?!?!?!) But, that's really the only asshole-like thing I can think of that he's done.

Jordan has a few. He's bad-mouthed The Pistons a lot, and he even got smart-mouthed with a little girl who got an opportunity to ask him a question.

"You're not going to ask me what my favorite color is, are you?"

Yeah, that's fucking mature, Michael... :P

The only classy athlete that I don't care for is Wayne Gretzky, because I totally think that Gordie Howe would've kicked his ass, if they played in the same time period. But, Wayne isn't a bad guy. I just don't think he's better than Gordie.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
No... I haven't really watched Kobe play all that much, but if the man can't put up with a guy like Shaq, he's got some real issues. From what I understand, Shaq is pretty easy to get along with. There's also that whole BS rape thing, and even though I know there weren't any charges, it sort of gives you an insight to the guy's persona. Maybe he's growing up a little, and shit... He has to, if he wants someone halfway decent to play ball with him.

ya kobe and shaq had their major problems but a main deciding factor of him leaving la was that his contract with the lakers was up and he wanted to move closer to his home in miami. compaired to what his ego and attitude was back during that whole "rape" ordeal he has improved 100%, same with his game.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you do not like guys who are proud of their success? Its not Michael's fault he was given Nike contracts. Its not Peyton Manning's fault he gets sponsorships that Tiki ir Tom Brady doesn't. To say you don't like them because they use their careers as a vaulting point for further stardom is asenine. I didn't like Jordan during his basketball playing days because I am a Knicks fan. That is it. Other than that I think Michael was an excellent person. He really made Basketball the sport it is today. He is the Gordie Howe/ Wayne Gretzky of Basketball. He is the Tiger Woods of Basketball. To say you don't like him because he has pride in his ability is silly.

The argument of who is better, Tom Brady or Peyton Manning is irrelevant. The issue you have with him is he knows he's upper tier. I agree that Tiki Barber definitely never threw it in people's face that he was one of the best backs in the league. But that is because he was stuck on the Giants during an era where they went nowhere. Peyton Manning has been on the Colts how long? And when did he start becoming the face of football? Only the past few seasons when the Colts have been a huge success. Why was Jordan the face of Basketball? Because during his era his Bulls were the cream of the crop. And don't say Tom Brady never soaked up the cameras when he led the Patriots to the Super Bowl because if there was one face on TV more than anyone elses those years, it was Tom Brady.

I've said in the past I don't care for Phil Jackson, so I kind of agree with you on that, however its not about the stars always. look at the Yankees. They, by the looks of their roster year in and year out, shopuld be the most dominant team in Baseball year in and year out, but they perpetually lose to teams with lesser known players because they are better coached. Its not always just about having the stars on your team. Coaching has a lot to do with how well a team plays under that coach. During the era he was in Chicago, I'll admit he did a great job coaching those players. I just don't think his style of coaching works on the Lakers with Kobe at the forefront.

Everyone has their mishaps. Jordan's talking down to a girl was bad, but he was trying to be funny. At least he didn't run off with another woman leaving his ex-girlfriend pregnat *coughTomBradycough*. Now THERE is a star using his fame for the wrong reasons. You know if he wasn't All-Star QB for the superbowl Patriots he wouldn't be scoring hotties like Moynahan and Gisele. Seriously. At least Jordan's wife was a regular girl. And who is Peyton Manning shacking up with? His college girlfriend.

Everyone can find something they don't like about any person if they dig hard enough. To say you don't like Jordan for 1 thing dispite a huge career of successes is ridiculous. Its your opinion and I can't really tell you its wrong, I'm just telling you I think its silly.

And to say you don't like Gretzky because you think another player is better makes no sense. By that logic, you should never watch any sport once you find who you think is the best asthlete in that said sport. "I refuse to watch NASCAR because I feel Richard Petty was the hands down best racer and if Jeff Gordon raced in those cars during his heyday, he'd be so far behind. I hate Gordon for that reason." That's a silly statement. Its basically what you said about Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzky.

I got over my Jordan hate when he retired for good. I hated him on the court but respected him as an adversary. Watching him and the Bulls play against the Knicks was always a great experience. I hated him then, but looking back, the years wouldn't have been what they were without him. I think he's a classy guy who knows he's being watched so he makes the best of it. He smiles in the camera and makes a good presence for himself. Something that most basketball players of this era do not have. I doubt we'll ever see Allen Iverson or Carmelo Anthony act with such honor and dignity. And let's not even compare Peyton Manning to other NFL stars. I'll throw one name out there and it should end all problems with Peyton Manning. Michael Vick. Compare.

Compare Jordan with how many stars act today and even in the recent history of Basketball. Comparing him to people like Charles Barkley, Dennis Rodman and Allen Iverson, nothing the man has done looks even remotely bad. I place Jordan in the league of gentlemen like Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, John Stockton, David Robinson and the like. They all played well and acted well off the court. You can't knock a man like Jordan when you have people like AI and Ron Artest to compare him to.

On to real Basketball, I'm glad the Detroit Pistons are advancing, they're a good franchise and I hope they win it all this year. I look forward to the Cavs-Pistons series. If the Nets make it though, it will be a dismal series. Pistons have the Nets covered on all fronts.

In the west, its all San Antonio or Phoenix. No offense to the Jazz, but they're not gonna beat either the Suns or the Spurs. I don't care about that whole suspension crap with the Suns, they knew the rules. They broke the rules let it be. If the Suns truly are the better team then they should be able to win the next two. Nothing was tainted.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if the Spurs win, I have to disagree with you. It's tainted. There's no place in professional basketball for what they've done to Steve Nash. I may disagree if this were hockey, since that shit is common in hockey, but it isn't in basketball, and what makes it worse is that the Spurs are good enough to win WITHOUT pulling this shit.

That's why I hope Phoenix just flushes them down the toilet these two games.

As for your opinion, that's fine. Maybe I am silly as hell for disliking Jordan (and carrying that dislike to the present Chicago Bulls), but that's just how I feel. If it makes you feel better, I can't stand the way that nasty-ass ugly Bull-fucking thing looks. It's terrible, and I could probably stop hating the Bulls if they got a new logo. :P The Jordan stench will reek for a while, though. I disagree with you about him being a classy individual. Sure, he was better than Ron Artest, but that sure as hell isn't saying jack shit, man. We both know that.

Iverson also has some issues, but Jordan sure as hell isn't Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Joe Dumars, David Robinson, or even Chauncey Billups in my eyes. I don't think of Bird when I think of "gentlemen," though. I don't dislike Bird, but I'd think Magic Johnson carried himself with more grace. I was a toddler in those days, so I'm just going by what little I can recall. Also, Reggie Miller is another "neutral" like player. A lot of people like him, but I just don't see the gentle-ness there. He seems sort of cold, and he, like Jordan, has also badmouthed the Pistons before.

I also said I loved the Bad Boys, so that just adds to my reasons to dislike Jordan.

With Manning, he's full of himself... AND he blames everyone but himself for problems. He's a whiner. Maybe a photogenic whiner, but a whiner who chokes during the playoffs. The only game this post-season that he played well in WAS the Super Bowl, so maybe he's gotten over it. I sure as hell hope not, though, because that shit is more amusing to me than the Lions crappy seasons have been.

Peyton is less of a bitch than Eli, though. But, I can't stand their whiny asses, and I'm entitled to not like them. :P

I dunno all that about Brady's personal life, but if a relationship with a significant other is going down the shitter, you can't fault him for breaking up with his girlfriend, pregnant or not. I'm sorry, that does NOT speak to how much more class, better attitude, and better team play that Tom Brady has displayed. I may believe in religious morals here, but I also have enough common sense to know that it's stupid to keep a relationship together just because you have kids together. I'm sure Tom is smart enough to act civil with his his ex in front of his child, and that they'll be VERY WELL taken care of, so I don't see what the issue is there. Also, I somehow doubt that Peyton Manning's woman is just a regular, old gal. Something tells me that she's probably just as good looking as Tom's ladies. :P

Vick is a bigger idiot, but he's also not shoved in your face constantly when you watch football. Adam "Pacman" Jones is also a bigger ass. Tom did soak up camera time a lot, but he was a much better face, because he didn't constantly display attitude problems, nor can I recall him blaming his offensive line for his shitty play in the post-season. Also, doesn't Tom Brady play pretty well in the playoffs...? Maybe I'll have to research some statistics on that...

Richard Petty raced in a totally different style era. Petty's cars were always the best, because you didn't have that parity that you have in NASCAR today. That's why Jeff Gordon's win total is so astonishing. Still, I don't think you could compare the two drivers, because things were SO different then. Far moreso than in hockey. Richard Petty's win total will NEVER be beaten, unless NASCAR's popularity and the money involved went down the tubes. Don't count on that, though. :P

Now, about Gretzky, I don't care for him, much like the Mannings, because people try to act like he's the "undisputed best of all time," which, to me, is a load of shit. Gretzky WAS "A Great One," but he was NOT "THE Great One." Gretzky always has displayed class, so I don't get annoyed watching him, and I don't get upset hearing about how successful a player he was. While Wayne could probably score and possibly skate better than Gordie Howe, he was NOT a better player, because Howe was a more COMPLETE player. This should be in the NHL thread, but as you know, Hockey is a very physical sport that not only requires finesse and good skating / puck handling... But, you also have to out-muscle your opponent. When was the last time you saw Gretzky put a hit on someone?! Shit, the number of Lady Bing Trophys that he's won can attest to that. He was NOT a physical player.

Gordie Howe, on the other hand, could kick some ass. I guarantee you, if they played in the same era, Howe would've been more successful because every damn time he played Gretzky, he'd recognize what a threat he was with the puck... And every damn time Howe saw Gretzky with the puck, he'd put his ass in the boards. Wayne wouldn't and couldn't do shit like that. That doesn't mean Wayne wasn't ONE OF the best players ever, but I think because of how one-dimensional he was, it does mean that he isn't the best. Hockey is one of those sports where you have to be able to do more than just score, if you want to be "The best." Gordie Howe could. I can't say that about Wayne Gretzky.

*cough* Anyway, GO SUNS! :P

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
*cough* Anyway, GO SUNS! :P

best thing i've read from ya in this topic :P :mrgreen:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: