Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NBA Season 2006/2007
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, did my Bucks go in the tanker. And my other team is the Knicks. Not a good season for me.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

today april 7 the bulls are in the second seed. they had that 13 losing streak at the beggining look at them now second seed. THE BULLS IS GoNNA WINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still say in the end, Lakers will beat all of them. I bet Phil Jackson is just making his team lose to reach the 7th seed because they know they can't beat the Spurs but they can beat the Suns.
Beck

Mongolian Chop Squad

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm still routing for the Mavs to win it all, I just hope they will finish their season with a ring in their fingers.

IN AMERICA!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Psssh. I'm not a huge follower of basketball, so my expertise isn't all that high, but I can tell you that the Lakers are not going to win it all. They rely far too heavily on Kobe Bryant and their bench is virtually non-existant. If Kobe has a bad game, then the team loses. If Kobe has a good game, they do well, but against a team like San Antonio, Phoenix or Dallas, it really will not matter.

And everyone thinks the West is so high and mighty this year because there are so many teams out there that are really good. I think that is a huge advantage for the east's big dominance team(s). Because of all the high talent out west, each of their series will go to at least 6 games. This will really tire these teams out and the one that advances to the finals will be more fatigued than the team that takes the east.

Really, the only team I see going to the finals this year in the East is Detroit. However if Dwayne Wade and Shaq step up, they could go back and try the repeat. I don't think Chicago has what it takes to make the finals and if they somehow do, they wont be able to match up well against any of the 3 major powerhouses out west, even if they're fatigued.

As for the west, I really would like to see the Suns go, but something tells me it is going to be either the Mavs or the Spurs. The Mavs have the best record, but there's a nagging feeling that they're just not going to get it done in the post season. Dirk's been injury prone and without him, they'll crumble. So if Dirk can be healthy throughout, they've got their best chances.

I think in the finals though Detroit will have the edge because either San Antonio or Dallas will be fatigued from some long series and the first few games will go to Detroit's favor. I really hope so. The Pistons are a great team.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
abs9palisoc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys the bulls and the spurs is gonna win it. the bulls had won against ht pistons for the past two weeks and they are doing it without andress Noccioni. u guys should realized how great he performed in last year playoff and if noccioni would reach it i tell they are gonna win as for the west SPURS SPURS SPURS SPURS!
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Abs, easy on the punctuation please. We understand that one exclamation point is enough to convey excitement. Any more is plain excessive.

About your Bulls, I put them behind Detroit and Miami in that order as the best team in the East. Do I think they will win it all? No, I very much doubt that. Your team is inconsistent on the defensive end and they have some unusual droughts on the offensive end too. But if there's one thing that the Bulls have, it's energy. They're going to play hard throughout the whole game, so that will be an advantage if any team doesn't treat them like the legit team they are.

Still, they can't stop Shaq and they have a hard time beating Detroit when everyone on the Piston team is healthy. But if Detroit's players continue to get sick, injured, etc. then the Bulls have a good chance.

Quote:
Psssh. I'm not a huge follower of basketball, so my expertise isn't all that high, but I can tell you that the Lakers are not going to win it all. They rely far too heavily on Kobe Bryant and their bench is virtually non-existent. If Kobe has a bad game, then the team loses. If Kobe has a good game, they do well, but against a team like San Antonio, Phoenix or Dallas, it really will not matter.

I agree completely. It hurts to admit because it's my hometown team, but they lack depth. Our players don't understand the triangle system and the talent level of the team (after Kobe, Lamar Odom, and maybe Luc Walton) dramatically falls off from the main guys. They're too young and inexperienced, but the playoffs will help them learn a bit. As it stands, they will either face San Antonio or Phoenix, which are both terrible matches for the Lakers. San Antonio will lock them down defensively and Phoenix will run them out of the building.

Quote:
And everyone thinks the West is so high and mighty this year because there are so many teams out there that are really good. I think that is a huge advantage for the east's big dominance team(s). Because of all the high talent out west, each of their series will go to at least 6 games. This will really tire these teams out and the one that advances to the finals will be more fatigued than the team that takes the east.

Well that's a good point, but honestly, I don't think that will affect Dallas, San Antonio, and Utah too much. Those three teams have a very deep bench. Their benches keep them in the game all the time. You couldn't tell the starters from the 2nd strong players by looking at the points per quarter score. These three teams are really something.

Phoenix has an equally deep bench but for some other reason, Coach Mike D'antoni refuses to play anyone else but 8 of his top players. e has been quoted in saying that. He better learn that you can't win like that otherwise the Suns will be too tired to move past the 2nd round. As it stands right now, they're matched up against the fast break loving Denver Nuggets. To make matters worse, they have to match up against Iverson and Anthony. Nash and Marion will not be able to guard those two by themselves. Defending them will take a lot of effort.

And besides, the eastern conference semi-finals and east finals will be equally as straining on those East coast teams as the West coast ones. Detroit and Miami aren't exactly the youngest teams in the league and the Bulls won't always be able to press their tempo against the defense savvy top teams out there.

Quote:
Really, the only team I see going to the finals this year in the East is Detroit. However if Dwayne Wade and Shaq step up, they could go back and try the repeat. I don't think Chicago has what it takes to make the finals and if they somehow do, they won’t be able to match up well against any of the 3 major powerhouses out west, even if they're fatigued.

As for the west, I really would like to see the Suns go, but something tells me it is going to be either the Mars or the Spurs. The Mavs have the best record, but there's a nagging feeling that they're just not going to get it done in the post season. Dirk's been injury prone and without him, they'll crumble. So if Dirk can be healthy throughout, they've got their best chances.

Completely agree.

Quote:
I think in the finals though Detroit will have the edge because either San Antonio or Dallas will be fatigued from some long series and the first few games will go to Detroit's favor. I really hope so. The Pistons are a great team.

Detroit matches up well against those two teams. There isn't a big advantage in any position. But their bench is weaker than Dallas and San Antonio's.

I predict that the team that controls the rebounding and the passing lanes will win the series.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I Want to add my brothers opinion. he says that lebron would be able to take the cavs to the finals because he is an all around player. but i tottaly disagree becayse i dont think one man could do it all by himself maybe he realy just adores lebron that much.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After 12 long suffering years the Golden State Warriors are finally in the playoffs once again. They get the 8th seed in the West and will be going up against the Dallas Mavericks who they pretty much owned this year. I can see the Warriors pulling off a first-round upset of the Mavs.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They deserve it. 1994 is a long time for any ball club. As much as I hate your teams, being where I from, Warriors fans are among the best in the league. They keep selling out seats despite the trash teams of the past decade. If that's not dedication, then nothing is. I hope they do a great job against Dallas.

My Lakers also managed a convincing win over the Sacramento Kings, so now the rematch between the Phoenix Suns is set. I guess this is the matchup everyone wanted (I really didn't care) so here we go. I have to say though that I'm happy with how it turned out. Had the Lakers stayed in 6th place, they would have had to face the San Antonio Spurs. I say that they have the most momentum going into these playoffs more than anyone else.

And we can even talk about the off-season just a little bit; since the Denver Nuggets finished ahead of the Lakers, that's one draft pick higher than they would have. Sure many people argue that by the time the Lakers pick, no one substantial will be available. But you have to remember that the smallest thing could make the biggest difference. Marcus Williams fell all the way to the Nets last year. And even Kobe Bryant was selected after guys like Kerry Kittles. It might not make a difference, sure but it can't hurt.

And speaking of lottery picks, the Clippers find themselves in the unfortunate spot once again. Thanks to Golden State's win, today's game didn't even matter. As it stands, they will likely pick 14th in the draft unless a miracle occurs and they move up. (It happened to them before) This is probably a blessing to them. They need younger players; most notably a small forward that can space the floor.

As with Hockey, feel free to state your picks.

Western Conference

1. (1) Dallas Mavericks vs. (8) Golden State Warriors

2. (4) Utah Jazz vs. (5) Houston Rockets

3. (3) San Antonio Spurs vs. (6) Denver Nuggets

4. (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

Eastern Conference

1. (1) Detroit Pistons vs. (8) Orlando Magic

2. (4) Miami Heat vs. (5) Chicago Bulls

3. (3) Toronto Raptors vs. (6) New Jersey Nets

4. (2) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (6) Washington Wizards

Aside from Detroit/Orlando and Cleveland/Washington, all the teams match up extremely well. This playoff should be fun to watch.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes! Golden State made it - it's been a long time waiting and they finally make it through.

Anyhow, The East is going to be real interesting. Cleveland-Washington again, if Arenas and Butler are fit this ought to be good, but if they're not, expect a sweep.

Chicago-Miami, I'm not a big fan of. I wanted Cleveland to fall down to 5th, actually so that Chicago gets Washington, and we get LeBron-Wade in the first round. I'm going with the Bulls this time, Chicago has really come together as a team, and they've got lots of talent in every position. Probably in 7, I'm not expecting Miami to roll over that easily though.

Detroit - Orlando, Detroit should win this, not because the Magic are bad, which they aren't of course, but because Detroit has too much experience.

And New Jersey over Toronto, it's actually an upset but the Nets have been in the Playoffs more than the Raptors, though I think this is gonna boil down to whether Bosh shoots good or bad.

As for the West:

Phoenix-Lakers, I'm not entirely sure, but it's going to be 7 games. Again. Kobe is too big of a factor in this matchup, it's going to depend on him. That or maybe Maurice Evans will come off the bench and score alot (he's shown flashes of that during the season, this is a good time to do that.) If the Lakers want to win, They're going to not only need Kobe to score, but for guys like Walton, Odom, Bynum, Parker and Ronnie Turiaf to step up and contribute. Phoenix strategy is simple - shoot the ball.

Dallas-Golden State, Definitely Dallas, they're just that good of a team. Golden State's on a run, a huge run, although their current starting lineup is abit short (They have Harrington on Center, Jackson on PF, and Biedrins going off the bench), but as long as they can shut off Dirk, they can probably pose a threat.

San Antonio-Denver, San Antonio, Denver's a good team but yeah, SA's a very experienced team. Though Duncan and his referee problems are a bit interesting sidestory to the matchup.

Utah-Houston, possibly the most interesting matchup. Houston will win this, though.

Fastforward to the conference Finals, for the West, Dallas-Phoenix (if they get past the Lakers)/San Antonio is the likely result.

As for the East, I"m rooting for Chicago, the Bulls are going to take out Miami and New Jersey and have a 7-game series with Detroit. And posssibly move on to clinch their first Post-Jordan Title. It's not a big chance considering what they have ahead, but I realyl hope they do well. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy, the Barney thing is making me want to kill you. On to business.

Western Conference

The Mavericks aren't number 1 for a reason, and the boys from Oakland are barely good enough to get into the playoffs. The 3-0 record they had against the Mavs in the regular season looks nice, but more tyhan likely those games were games that Dallas just went easy all night. This is the playoffs, there's no way the Mavericks will allow the Warriors any breathing room.

The Jazz were great half a season ago. They seemingly lost a lot of their luster in the past few months. I'm alost a big follower of Tracy McGrady. The Rockets are one of the more dominant teams going into the playoffs this year. Look for Houston to shut down Utah.

AI and Carmello are a tandem that will cause a lot of turbulence and maybe win a championship. Just not this year. I dive Denver another year or two before they're a serious post-season threat. San Antonio looks too hot to drop out in the first round. Manu Ginobli is crazy good.

I like the Suns. I really do. I think they'll do well in the playoffs, but not good enough to beat San Antonio or Dallas. They are good enough to get past Los Angeles though. Kobe can put up all the 40-50 point games he wants, but in actuality, the Lakers need to be a team to beat these guys. Since thats not happening, the Suns are winning this.

Eastern Conference

Are you serious? The Orlando Magic are in the playoffs? Wow, they suck. I don't see much opposition for Detroit in this playoffs. Orlando? Might as well have ben the Knicks or the Hawks. Detroit is going to walk all over these guys.

Best match-up in the playoffs. If this series doesn't go the distance, I'm going to be sad. The Heat are a decent team, but I don't see them returning to the Finals. The Bulls have made vast improvements to their team and are starting to put up some seriously threatening numbers. Almost the 2 seed this year too. Cleveland just got hot late. I see the Bulls dethroning the champs in the first round folks.

You know, I never thought the Toronto Raptors were capble of having a good team. It looks funny seeing them in the playoffs and not the Pacers. I live in the old world though. Anyhow, Toronto does look like the better team in this matchup. The Nets though aren't without their weapons. Jason Kidd and Vince Carter are no tandem to write off.

Cleveland got hot late and took the second seed. Good for them, good for LeBron and bad for Washington. The Wizards have their work cut out for them. Cleveland is the hot team right now in the East. They're coming off a 4 game win streak to finish the season and went in on the second seed high. LeBron James and Zydrunas Ilgauskas (sp?) should get this thing done in 5 or 6.

Cydranth's Picks:

Dallas Mavericks in 4
Houston Rockets in 5
San Antonio Spurs in 6
Phoenix Suns in 6

Detroit Pistons in 5
Chicago Bulls in 7
Toronto Raptors in 5
Cleveland Cavaliers in 5

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Western Conference

Dallas Mavericks vs. Golden State Warriors

Sadly even if its the Warriors first time in the playoffs for years. I don't see them beating the Mavs. Let's just hope they put up a good fight ;).

Utah Jazz vs. Houston Rockets

I don't think the Jazz can beat the Rockets. We can see this in their superstar match-ups. I don't think Deron and Carlos can beat Yao and Tracy. Not yet atleast but I think this might get to game 6 or 7. ;)

San Antonio Spurs vs. Denver Nuggets

This is a good match-up but I don't think Carmelo and AI have gotten their chemistry right yet but if they do by the playoffs they might beat the Spurs. They have Camby that has a high rebounds per game as well as blocks per game. They have of course Carmelo which is one of the scoring leaders (somewhere in the top 4 or top 2 I think). They've got AI also a great scorer and he makes good assists as well.

Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Lakers

I'm a Laker fan so this comment might be a little bias. I see Kobe scoring over 50 points a game. Bynum finally showing what he is made of. Luke, Odom, and Parker showing that Bryant isn't alone. The Suns on the other hand I bet will be more well-balanced in scoring. All in all, I think the Lakers did it on purpose to be 7th because they have no chance aganst Duncan nor against Nowitzki. I don't think they've got a big guy to put up against those two. I think they've got a bigger chance against amare ;). Go lakers! I'm sure Phil has something underneath his sleeves.

Eastern Conference

Detroit Pistons vs. Orlando Magic

This is not much of a match-up but hopefully ummm they'll reach game 5 atleast? The Pistons are still strong without Ben. They even got a new player (Chris Webber).

Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls

The Bulls are a championship team in my opinion. They're so complete. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, and many more. The bulls have a strong bench and line-up. On the other hand, the heat well, sure they've got Shaq but not the same dominating Shaq back then. Who knows? Wade might show us why he's finals mvp.

Toronto Raptors vs. New Jersey Nets

I was shocked to see the Raptors reach the playoffs. Seriously, I don't see that coming. Bosh is getting better I guess. I bet people in Toront will be booing Vince the whole time.

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards

I'm not sure about this. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Aren't Arenas and Butler injured? Well, I don't think the Wizards will have a chance without those two. Hopefully, they can win once right?
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I'm not sure about this. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Aren't Arenas and Butler injured? Well, I don't think the Wizards will have a chance without those two. Hopefully, they can win once right?

Yes, they're injured. Arenas won't be back unless the Wizards make it to the NBA finals. This series is over already. But I'd love for them to prove me wrong because I don't like the Cavs. Chicago really messed up by not taking the 2 seed. Now, they have to potentially pass Miami and Detroit just to reach the Eastern Conference final. Better luck next year, Chicago.

Western Conference (All first round matches match up well against one another. Awesome!)

This series is going to be fun to watch! I really wanted the warriors to get in because I think they'd fare better against the Mavericks than the Clippers could. Golden State matches up well against Dallas, although they have no answer for Dirk Nowitski. At the very least, Dallas will have a difficult time against Golden State because of the pace and the fact that Don Nelson is coaching. Don would know how to play his old team, and that should at least add a psychological factor to things.

But this is the NBA and not the NCAA. Upsets are rare thanks to the 7 game format. Golden State will make noise, but I don't see them winning more than 2 games.

Dallas in 6 games

So we have a back-screen/pick and pop team in the Jazz going up against the defensive specialists of the Houston Rockets. However, I will always go with defense over offense. And it's not like Houston lacks offense. Can anyone stop Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming in playoff time? I doubt it. Plus Utah has lost a fair amount of games the finish the season. Momentum is not with them

Rockets in 5

Whew. Good thing my Lakers didn't match up with the Spurs. They'd get killed if they played the Spurs.

Denver is the most interesting matchup for San Antonio. The last time the Spurs and Nuggets played, Iverson and Carmelo were still trying to figure out how their new team works. But Denver went on a hot streak to finish off the season and now they look like the team we anticipated.

The Spurs will still win, but the new and improved duo will make things hard on them. Both teams' benches and role players are pretty much even. But with Tim Duncan running the ship, things will be o.k. (unless the refs will be biased towards Duncan thanks to the Joey Crawford incident).

Spurs in 7

The rematch. That's the one thing everyone has on their mind. Unfortunately for myself and all Laker fans, we aren't nearly as prepared as we were last year thanks to all the injuries we faced. Kwame and Luc Walton are still recovering from their injuries and Lamar Odom hasn't been able to shoot well since his injury. The injury bug was messed up to us, although it wasn't as unforgivable as New Orleans' injury bug.

Amare is also back, which makes it harder on the Lakers.

There is hope though. The Lakers held the Suns to a season low in field-goal percentage the last game they played in Phoenix. The Lakers lost, but if they can continue with that mindset, they might have a chance. Phoenix also doesn't rebound well which means the Lakers have a chance to score if they nail their shots.

Against my better judgment, I'll pick the Lakers to upset here. Heck, this is the best series in both conferences to pick the upset. Kobe won't be scoring 50 in the playoffs, but he's still Kobe.

Lakers in 7

Eastern Conference

Detroit, enough said. Dwight Howard will shine, though.

Pistons in 4

Chicago, Chicago, you really messed up when you lost to the Nets. You could have had the 2nd seed, beaten the Wizards to set up a match against Toronto or New Jersey? Geez. The 2 seed in the east is basically a free pass to the Eastern Conference final. Oh well, I digress.

Miami is the defending champion regardless of Wade's injury. You can't count them out. But assuming that Wade will only be able to play at about 80% strength and the fact that Ben Wallace is now here to guard Shaq, I like the Bulls' chances against the Heat this year.

Bulls in 6

Toronto is my underdog pick of the east. No one knows who they are yet, but once the world sees Chris Bosh and T.J Ford in action they'll take notice. Rookie sensation Jorge Grabosca is gone for the entire year with an injury but their other rookie sensation, Andrea Barngarni, returned to the team after recovering from an appendectomy. I say that Andrea lived up to his number 1 overall selection hype. That's more than I can say for previous number 1 pick Andrew Bogut.

You can't count out the Nets thanks to Carter, Jefferson, and Kidd though. Without their injuries, you have to wonder if they could have won 50 games being in the east.

Still, I'm pulling for Toronto here. If they shoot well, this is no problem.

Raptors in 6

I don't like Cleveland. To much media hype on Lebron when he hasn't done anything worth hyping. That's not his fault and I know he's a good guy. But the media has really force-fed him to the public which is why I'm not really into "Lebron Mania". I mean come on, "The King?" I can think of 5 players that are easily better than he is (Nash, Bryant, Nowitski Duncan, and Garnet). You can't give him that nickname.

If the Cavs know what's good for them, they'll end this early. Draw it out, and they might have some trouble.

Cleveland in 4

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly, I'm looking forward to May 22nd and the lottery going through.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: