Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

German game covention: Suikoden announcement to come?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: German game covention: Suikoden announcement to come? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, I don't know if this were I should post this but hopefully it's good enough. Second off I don't want to get anyones hopes up on this but...

This was posted by KoRnholio at Suikosource:

Quote:
Regarding the Games Convention in Leipzig, Germany, which runs from August 23-26.

source - http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26792

Quote:
Visitors to the Konami stand (Hall 4, Booth B11) will be the first people to get a hands-on play of the eagerly-awaited next generation football title, which is just one of dozens of big new titles from the publisher. With more details to follow, Konami has whet appetites with the announcement that key members of its development teams will be on hand to present new titles, including Koji ‘IGA’ Igarashi who will be showing Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable). Similarly, William Oertel, who is overseeing Silent Hill Origins for PSP® will unveil the future of the series.

Quote:
“We will witness one of the most exciting system changes ever at this year’s Games Convention,“ commented Martin Schneider, Sales and Marketing Director Germany for Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH. “We can promise visitors and gamers in Leipzig that Konami will play a major role in this year´s gaming year – delivering new games and additions to popular franchises, while producing exciting games for new systems and established formats.”

Though Suikoden was not mentioned at all in the article, we should definately be keeping our eye on this.

Not adding this to the first post, because it's not news per se, just a heads-up.

It could just be talking about what was already announced at E3 (just Castlvania and Silent Hill) but there could be announcements of new installments of other series-wink-wink :). Just thought I would post this here and maybe some of us should keep an eye out on those dates.

It is good timing too. Just before TGS in September. Suiko 5 was announced at a similar time as well. So keep watching.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While this is a step in the right directon, it's not only not an announcement but the only person to mention Suikoden, or any RPG, is Kornholio.

I'm changing the title to reflect this.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. I heard about this convention not too long ago, but didn't expect to hear anything about Suikoden in it. If an when Suikoden VI is announced, it's gonna be at a Japanese show.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I´ll be there and if they´d announce this I´d crack up so happy would Ibe.
Lyon Falenas

12135 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think realistically the announcement is going to be at a Japanese convention for Suikoden. Things like sports games and silent hill have mass appeal outside of Japan and thus make sense to promote in other nations. However, Suikoden as the one major rpg franchise for Konami is a niche game at best in Europe and the United States.

There are some Japanese game conventions in the winter I do believe which would be the likely point for an announcement on Suikoden VI. It's a new system so a couple year lag between V and VI would not surprise me at all, particularly with the platform war happening.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

There are some Japanese game conventions in the winter I do believe which would be the likely point for an announcement on Suikoden VI. It's a new system so a couple year lag between V and VI would not surprise me at all, particularly with the platform war happening.

PLEASE KONAMI DO IT O0N PS3
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:
Quote:

PLEASE KONAMI DO IT O0N PS3

Um, hell no. I'd hate to be forced into buying that pricey ass lunk of a system. But, I suppose it's time to get in with the new *pets PS2*

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's already a thread to talk about the platform of the next game. Both of you stay on topic.

Anyway, I'm going with the Tokyo game show that's a few days before the Liepzig show. It would be a nice place to announce it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going with the Tokyo game show that's a few days before the Liepzig show.

Uh... September comes after August.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, doesn't make sense announcing it at Leipzig since Germany is arguably among the smallest markets for the Suikoden series. If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen at or around TGS.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, it sounds like a fine place to announce it, and I definatly wouldn't be complaining if they did. The fact that Konami's got bigger titles to announce at the larger Cons may make Germany a more likely stage for such an announcement. Regardless of where the announcement is made, in this day and age the people that are anxiously awaiting the game will hear about it - and really that's all they have to announce it to, unless they make a BIG announcment with pyrotechnics and a fog machine, I doubt that any particular convention is going to increase the fan base.

I hate you Onimaru.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Um, hell no. I'd hate to be forced into buying that pricey ass lunk of a system. But, I suppose it's time to get in with the new *pets PS2*

well its for the ps fans and the suiko fans im sure a lot of suiko fans would prefer it on PS3
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not what the thread is about, Geddoe-9. Scarlet Assassin already made that clear.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
I don't know, it sounds like a fine place to announce it, and I definatly wouldn't be complaining if they did. The fact that Konami's got bigger titles to announce at the larger Cons may make Germany a more likely stage for such an announcement. Regardless of where the announcement is made, in this day and age the people that are anxiously awaiting the game will hear about it - and really that's all they have to announce it to, unless they make a BIG announcment with pyrotechnics and a fog machine, I doubt that any particular convention is going to increase the fan base.

Well, while I do understand where you're coming from here, since the internet has made all cons really of equal footing as far as getting the word out (at least I think that's what you mean), the fact remains that while Suikoden may be a niche market, it does have enough appeal to put it above the obscure titles. As such, really the only places where it would make sense to announce at would be either #1 - Japan, or #2 - the United States. Germany seems like the place to announce some sort of experimental new title.

Of course, I've been wrong in the past (gasp!) and there have been titles that I regard as major announcements that have been revealed at lesser venues. Either way, I keep waiting for some solid news on Suikoden VI. I honestly believe it will happen, so I'm not concerned about the when. I just want it to occur.

~Uguu!~
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:

Well, while I do understand where you're coming from here, since the internet has made all cons really of equal footing as far as getting the word out (at least I think that's what you mean), the fact remains that while Suikoden may be a niche market, it does have enough appeal to put it above the obscure titles. As such, really the only places where it would make sense to announce at would be either #1 - Japan, or #2 - the United States. Germany seems like the place to announce some sort of experimental new title.

Of course, I've been wrong in the past (gasp!) and there have been titles that I regard as major announcements that have been revealed at lesser venues. Either way, I keep waiting for some solid news on Suikoden VI. I honestly believe it will happen, so I'm not concerned about the when. I just want it to occur.

Well I honestly don't think it will be announced for another year or so. So I'm not saying that I think it will be announced in Germany, just that the fact that the majority of Suikodens Fanbase is in the US and Japan won't really influence where and when Konami chooses to announce the title. These conventions are places for gaming companies to blow alot of smoke, hype up their product, and get their game on the tip of everyones toung (GTA, MGS, 'etc). They may choose to release the information to a smaller venue simply because as far as Konami titles go, Suikoden isn't their most impressive. Certainly they have established a fan base strong enough to keep the series going and make it financially beneficial for the company to keep cranking them out. But they arn't going to go flashing Suikoden around with it's sub-par graphics and old school battle system at the same time they're debuting their other bigger titles. As much as I would like to see Konami step up to the plate and shove fist fulls of dollars into the Suikoden development teams and create a game that pushes the technological limits of a system like the Final Fantasy games, I don't think they're going to make a very big stink about Suikoden so there's no reason why the announcement can't be made at just any old convention. As I said before, the fanbase has been established and no amount of hype is going to make a big deal unless they go BIG.

I hate you Onimaru.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: