Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI for Wii?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's been involved with Square before. It wasn't that he was working for Square, it was because he's never handled such a big project before. Sure, the srpgs he's worked on can last hundreds of hours, but most of their time is spent in battle and little else. Vagrant Story was really short too. Matsuno had to develop a full lengthed rpg and was obviously pressured since he was so inexperienced at making such games. If FFXII were make 20-30 hours, it would have been so much better. Instead, we got a bloated game that had horrible pacing.
Rune of Corruption

Ficky Ficky Frog Eyed Frustrated Fools

2319 Potch
0 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All that is your opinion Himuro. Not everyone feels the same about the game as you do and what you say certainly isn't fact. If they had implemented plenty of cutscenes while you are traversing the dungeons of the game, you and everyone else would be complaining that the game is one big cutscene like Xenosaga.

Lets turn this topic back into a Suikoden topic. We have topics here discussing FF12.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to note again, that Yasumi Matsuno is now developing a game for Wii. So people who liked FFXII might want to look forward to that.

Console generation cycles are hard times in the games industry, and that goes for Suikoden VI, too. If they release on PS3, and the console flops, that could kill the series. If they release on Wii, they could fall to the "third party curse" of Nintendo consoles, and have Suikoden VI's attention stolen by Nintendo games, leading to disappointing sales. If they release on Xbox 360, they would lose many Japanese gamers, and that is their core market, of course. Of these three, I think Wii has the strongest case for making Suikoden VI a success. Konami has been having good sales on Nintendo consoles with their games, like Castlevania, and they are supporting Wii heavily with games like Elebits, Dewy's Adventure and DDR Hottest Party. Wii third party games are selling much better than Cube third party games, so the "third party curse" might be over.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ruling out the Wii because of it's hardware is like saying that there are no games released for it, except there is. :?:
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the arguments are just circling back around over and over. Unless someone has more definite proof that Konami is even thinking of releasing it for the Wii then its all assumptions and rumors. If no one has those proof then I think this should end until something more concrete's released.

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Just to note again, that Yasumi Matsuno is now developing a game for Wii. So people who liked FFXII might want to look forward to that.

Console generation cycles are hard times in the games industry, and that goes for Suikoden VI, too. If they release on PS3, and the console flops, that could kill the series. If they release on Wii, they could fall to the "third party curse" of Nintendo consoles, and have Suikoden VI's attention stolen by Nintendo games, leading to disappointing sales. If they release on Xbox 360, they would lose many Japanese gamers, and that is their core market, of course. Of these three, I think Wii has the strongest case for making Suikoden VI a success. Konami has been having good sales on Nintendo consoles with their games, like Castlevania, and they are supporting Wii heavily with games like Elebits, Dewy's Adventure and DDR Hottest Party. Wii third party games are selling much better than Cube third party games, so the "third party curse" might be over.

It's true about the Nintendo third party curse, but typically, rpgs do pretty well on Nintendo consoles because they're a rarity. So it might work depending on if Konami feels like getting off their ass this time and putting effort into the next Suikoden's advertisement campaign - something they've completely neglected to do with V over here in the states.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to need to rant a bit. TGS is in just a few days, and if Konami doesn't have any announcement about Suikoden VI, I'm going to rip my head off. I fear that the long delay is because they aren't sure about which platform to release it on, and I will be absolutely furious if Suikoden VI is delayed to something like late 2009 if it was developed on PS3. That's why I'm hoping the game will be on Wii, the shorter development time and easier development budgets of the Wii could really help Suikoden. I don't want the developers wasting years and years of time and money on making slick PS3 graphics when even Wii is capable of graphics three times the PS2 (see Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest Swords, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy and others).

On Wii, the developers would have less stress with programming difficulties and sales projections, and could focus on story and gameplay while still making great graphics, just not HD which take a lot more resources. Suikoden VI on the Wii would mean that we would get the game faster and it could be better too, instead of taking longer to develop on PS3 just for slightly better graphics. But really, I'm hoping for any kind of announcement, the wait is getting simply unbearable.
LTM

14940 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami has an untitled rpg slated for Wii, this is true. But they also have one slated for PS3. Its hard to call, Suikoden may sell better on Wii but Konami may feel it would do better on PS3 because it can remain more traditional but use the heavy graphics to make the Suikoden world the way Kawano described how she'd make it look on PS3.

Of course, MY theory is they are making TWO Suikoden games that are two different games. One for Wii, and one for PS3. I think this is very possible because there are two Suiko teams, AND it would help spread the Suikoden franchise to two consoles and hook everybody and maybe even convince people to buy the one they didn't get. However, I heard they consider Castlevania an "rpg" now so...its possible one of those could end up just being CV, or even both. That would suck, as much as I love CV.

Either way, there's no real way to call it right now. The PS3 is rumored to get another price drop this X-Mas to 400, so it may be possible to actually BUY a PS3 this season.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope they never release one on the Wii until I can scrounge the funds to buy another console.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
I'm going to need to rant a bit. TGS is in just a few days, and if Konami doesn't have any announcement about Suikoden VI, I'm going to rip my head off. I fear that the long delay is because they aren't sure about which platform to release it on, and I will be absolutely furious if Suikoden VI is delayed to something like late 2009 if it was developed on PS3. That's why I'm hoping the game will be on Wii, the shorter development time and easier development budgets of the Wii could really help Suikoden. I don't want the developers wasting years and years of time and money on making slick PS3 graphics when even Wii is capable of graphics three times the PS2 (see Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest Swords, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy and others).

On Wii, the developers would have less stress with programming difficulties and sales projections, and could focus on story and gameplay while still making great graphics, just not HD which take a lot more resources. Suikoden VI on the Wii would mean that we would get the game faster and it could be better too, instead of taking longer to develop on PS3 just for slightly better graphics. But really, I'm hoping for any kind of announcement, the wait is getting simply unbearable.

As we now know, there was no mention of Suikoden VI at the TGS. I, too, thought about the possibility you described... that Konami is unsure of what platform to go with. I wish like hell that Sony hadn't been so arrogant as to think a $600 system would just fly off the shelves. Could be a valid reason as to why there hasn't been any news on Suikoden VI. I sure hope there's at least a snippet by the holiday season.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rumor: Suikoden VI on Wii in the latest Jump!
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anything substantial? Or just someone blindly guessing? The game isnt even being made right now, so I doubt its validity.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Rumor: Suikoden VI on Wii in the latest Jump!

Source?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard the same baseless rumor elsewhere, though Yvl's "It's not even in development" remark comes as a surprise to me.

Anyway, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Suikoden and the Wii is the only current-generation console I own, but I have to wonder where this info turned up.

In any case, we'll see in a couple days.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most journalists these days seem to get off the record type scoops from sources who don't want to be revealed, so perhaps that's where this info is coming from? I find it hard to believe that a magazine and/or person in the know would go out of its way to release false information about a series that isn''t that popular.

Of course, its still a flimsy piece of information until it comes from a more reliable (or even just a named) source. Maybe it isn't true at all. Maybe the they are simply thinking of having it on the Wii and haven't committed yet. Who knows.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: